Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
So....tried to install the moto can today and the can itself and the hose clamp at the throttle body aren't bad to access but you get to the clamp at the ccv under the intake manifold. Yeah this is what happened.

I am not sure if you can just pull them off and those white fittings move or if you have to "unlock" them to slide it off but I wasn't about to jerk on it.

[ame]
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nihil

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Love how the install vids, just remove the hose! if you notice at 1:11 on the first quick disconnect he just points at it then all of a sudden its mostly off while he's removing it.

They also never show how they lock their quick connects with the green pieces, you have to actually push down on each side were its these little arrow heads and slide it forward to lock. Its not to hard to do holding it in your hand...trying to do it with one hand while its in place? good fn luck.

[ame]

boostedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange ecoboost
Use some long needle nose pliers

OP
OP
Nihil

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Use some long needle nose pliers
Welp...now I feel like a retard, didn't even think about it at the time. how far out do they need to go for it to be unlocked?

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yup, those white clips were a pain. I ended up prying them off with a screwdriver. There was no way I could get my hands on either one of them. Install video could have been a lot more helpful.

Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Yup, those white clips were a pain. I ended up prying them off with a screwdriver. There was no way I could get my hands on either one of them. Install video could have been a lot more helpful.
I plan to make a better video that Mishimoto did when I do mine soon.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
it's a pain, yeah... But. you can also push down on the white button, which has the same unlock action. The green clips are way easier.

OP
OP
Nihil

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
it's a pain, yeah... But. you can also push down on the white button, which has the same unlock action. The green clips are way easier.

I wasn't sure if it would work, I suppose pressing down causes the side parts to push outwards allowing you to slide it off. When I tried pushing the green ones in to lock them it wouldn't budge, only way was by grabbing each side then pulling it forward

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I plan to make a better video that Mishimoto did when I do mine soon.
A detailed look at removing the OEM hose and the white "quick disconnect" clips would be very helpful.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I stored the OEM hose away, but... Yes, just push on the white "button" hard enough, and it has the same action of releasing the clips.

Sponsored

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang LX Hatch T-Tops
My brother gave me a hand after watching the upr install video came out. Still had no luck with the clips and with no lift we broke them with the screwdriver and the hose was easy to slide off. Looked into a replacement hose just to have the ability to return it to stock if need be $25 part from Ford.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
I had a hell of a time getting it off under the manifold on the drivers side. I found the only way was to do it from underneath the car. Instead of pushing down on the clips that are part of the hose I pryed them up as far as I could then the hose slid off. Definitely not as easy as the videos.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
If you have one of the new quick-connect fittings, take a look at the interior of it. On my fittings, you have to push in both sides, using the white tabs, at the same time. If you only push in one side, at a time, the plastic inner locking ring simply shifts over and doesn't unlock the fitting. In the UPR install video, he explains that he had to push in with one hand where he could easily reach, while at the same time he used the long flat screw driver to push in on the opposite tab.

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I had a hell of a time getting it off under the manifold on the drivers side. I found the only way was to do it from underneath the car. Instead of pushing down on the clips that are part of the hose I pryed them up as far as I could then the hose slid off. Definitely not as easy as the videos.
Just remove the airbox and slip your right hand (or maybe I meant left.. was tired) under the first intake runner. You should be able to grab it very easily. Use the other hand to push the white button with a yardstick or long screwdriver.

Last edited:

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
Just remove the airbox and slip your right hand under the first intake runner. You should be able to grab it very easily. Use the other hand to push the white button with a yardstick or long screwdriver.
I don't know if my wrist/forearms are just too big or what, but the one under the intake runner was really tough to get to for me. I ended up doing it from underneath.
Sponsored