Sponsored

UPR Catch Can Install ?

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I see the check valves in the hoses... but mine aren't marked so I'm not sure which end goes where? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or did they fix it where it doesn't matter the orientation?

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, any tips on getting that oil pan side vacuum connector under the intake manifold?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I see the check valves in the hoses... but mine aren't marked so I'm not sure which end goes where? Any suggestions?
Strange that they don't mark them anymore... That's unfortunate.

You can blow through the hoses. You should only be able to blow away from the can.

For that oil pan line I was only able to reach mine from the front of the engine. I didn't use the screw driver technique, just reached in and pressed the release and wiggled it free.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
i was able to get the port under the intake manifold from up top. standing on the drivers side if you look down there is a large black hose that Ts together right below intake manifold (its from coolant reservoir) and right below that is the motor mount connecting to the frame. I slide my left arm in between the frame mount and that hose and you can reach the ccv port. Lucky the quick release was up top so I could press down on it with my thumb and slide it off.

You can also try going on the intake mani side close to the firewall since the ccv port is on the lower back of the engine

Sponsored

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
The arrow is very easy to miss. It's on the nut portion of the valve, in small etching.

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah I was looking for the arrow on the plastic quick disconnect side, I'll look on the nut and see if it's there.

I appreciate the blow through the hose comment, that will help regardless.

Good deal on that disconnect, I'll reach in the other way and try to get it off of there

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
They have an install video on youtube that I followed to get to the hoses.

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have an install video on youtube that I followed to get to the hoses.
Yeah I saw the video, I have to tell you if it's the one with the Yellow one the camera work bout made me sick, weird zooming and stuff going on. Not to mention it's from 1 angle and no pictures of anything...

That video ranks about a 5 out of 10 on the helpful scale...

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok got it in...

A couple of notes:
-there were no indicators to determine which way the hoses are supposed to be orientated between the can and the motor, used the blow through the hose method

-with the fittings provided you have to press the gray buttons to get them to "click" onto the can, the green fittings on the intake and throttle body you have to slide the hose fitting on and then press the green clips on so they "click" over the retainers that are molded onto the intake manifold and oil pan

-the factory oil pan fitting I looped 3 nylon zip ties together to make a handle which I could access from the top side after sliding it over the throttle body side and fished it down to the oil pan connector, while holding my zip ties in my right hand I put my left hand under the intake and pressed on the disconnect tab with index while pulling my zip ties that were looped over the line and it came off, my arms was pretty contorted to get it off

Last edited:

Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Yeah I saw the video, I have to tell you if it's the one with the Yellow one the camera work bout made me sick, weird zooming and stuff going on. Not to mention it's from 1 angle and no pictures of anything...

That video ranks about a 5 out of 10 on the helpful scale...
It ranked 2 out of 10 in my scale. I had to watch it about 15 times and I was going crazy because it wasn't fitting then I call UPR and they shipped me the wrong parts. I should probably check how much oil I've caught since its been about 500 miles since.

OP
OP

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I plan on checking after the first 500 and then depending on the amount, then every 1000
Sponsored