Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'd like the largest possible w/o having to cut anything
I'm not afraid to cut and remove things but there seemingly is enough room to produce a more than capable FMIC w/o hacking the car

I was looking at the FFtec until I saw the install thread on here
Based on what you've said, the MAP (and possibly Cobb) would be your best bet then.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Based on what you've said, the MAP (and possibly Cobb) would be your best bet then.

Exactly, all of our products re designed to fit in replace of the factory unit 100%. There will be nothing we offer that requires you to modify your vehicle to make a part fit.

I did some testing yesterday and the Charge Air Temps are looking, VERY good. I will be posting data later today, or tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to get the custom tunes out today!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Any way to get charge temps without a tuner?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Any way to get charge temps without a tuner?
You might be able to monitor it with the Torque app (Android) and an ELM327 Bluetooth module. I had one that I used with my Fusion before I got the AP for it and it seems like you could monitor the CATs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
You might be able to monitor it with the Torque app (Android) and an ELM327 Bluetooth module. I had one that I used with my Fusion before I got the AP for it and it seems like you could monitor the CATs.

Not sure if they have that parameter setup. I have been logging with the Accessport as it has a great refresh rate and just helps that it is our preferred tuner as well.

No need to log really, it is definitely a problem on the car. CAT's are insanely high!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on the other tunes, like for stock cars, etc?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on the other tunes, like for stock cars, etc?

All the tunes that were mentioned in previous post will start being emailed out tomorrow. Was able to make some more adjustments and were able to get a little better boost curve out of the tune. However we have to get our turbo kit on the car for some fitment measurements. Our car will be put back together middle of next week, what we are going to be doing in the mean time is sending out V1 of our custom tune, then sending an update to the tune in about another week (3/16 - 3/17). Everyone will receive another email from me with an updated tune and you will just load it into the AP.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
looking for an update on your FMIC
ready to pull the trigger on Full Race or MAP

please let me know ASAP

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
looking for an update on your FMIC
ready to pull the trigger on Full Race or MAP

please let me know ASAP
Sorry for not updating recently, we tested our FMIC and everything tested VERY well. Original charge air temps with the stock intercooler would run all the way up to 130-140 degrees on a 4th gear pull. With our FMIC and charge piping installed it never broke 100 degree's during a pull, average was 95-96 degrees with back to back pulls. Below is going to be a graph of a pull after cooling down, then a pull after doing 5 back to back pulls.

Here is a graph of the first pull. We got in the car, started it up drove it on the dyno until it got up to temperature. Stopped the car then started the pull. You can see that our intercooler is so efficient that the temps actually DROPPED after starting the pull.

Here is a graph of the 5th pull of back to back pulls. You can see we got the intercooler as hot as possible which was 10° above ambient temperature when we started the pull. This will simulate how the intercooler will respond on track days, we got the dyno cell up to 70 degree's to do this testing as track days are during warmer months.

Here is a quick log of the factory intercooler, you can see it gets up to 140°!

As you can see the temperatures never peaked over 100 degrees which is 40% colder CAT's over the stock setup. I expect the intercooler to perform even better with the billet end tanks as they will barrier against heat better than the sheet metal that was used during testing.​

I haven't made a post as we have yet to cut the billet cnc end tanks for the intercooler yet and I wanted to get some pictures. We are not going the traditional sheet metal end tank route on our intercooler. We are going full billet so we can get smooth contours on the inside of the tank and incorporate mounting tabs without having to weld on separately fabricated pieces.

I will be doing some more tuning and testing in the next 2 weeks while we do some Solidworks designing on our end tanks and our turbo kit's manifold. Once I got the full final results I will update the thread as normal!

Pricing has been determined, and pre-orders will start end of this week or early next week with an ETA to start shipping the last week of March. Pricing is as follows:

Intercooler only - $549.00 shipped
Intercooler with Charge pipes and Turbosmart BOV - $900 shipped

If you purchase the intercooler only, you can upgrade to the charge piping kit later as our intercooler bolts directly in place of the factory intercooler. Which means you can use stock piping, and all of your factory plastics and grill shutters. What this also means is that you don't have to remove the bumper to install the intercooler like many others on the market.

Pictures of our intercooler can be seen on page 4, keep in mind that those are the prototype intercoolers just for core testing purposes. Core tested well as mentioned above, and we have been designing the end tanks in solidworks for the past week.

So just to recap:

- Under 100° charge air temps on 5 back to back dyno pulls with 70° ambient temp, 80° starting charge air temp

- 15° drop in charge air temps on a cruising pull (similar to just driving down the highway then downshifting and going). 70° ambient temp, 70° starting charge temp

- Billet endtanks versus the competitions sheet metal. Allows for smooth intercooler contours, rigid construction, and 1 piece design

- Bolts directly into the factory location, can be used with stock or MAP charge piping. Does not require any removal of factory plastics unlike the competition

- Front bumper does not have to be removed to install

- Lifetime warranty just like every MAP product!

If you have any questions please post, we always love interacting with the community!

Thank you,
Adam Brunson

Last edited:

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
I'm in as you know Adam just let me know the earliest I can get it on please!

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
Very impressive numbers!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I'm in as you know Adam just let me know the earliest I can get it on please!
Will get an invoice written up for you soon as I develop the part number and get it loaded into the system. Soon as the first one comes off the fab bench we can get it on your car!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.