MAPerformance: Ultimate R&D Thread | Air, Fuel, & Turbo Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSpeed7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
PM sent back btw when will you guys have your intercooler kit available to purchase?
Sponsored

Airflow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus
It looks like you guys really dialed this in and I am pysched to finally see hp hold up quite well from 5,500 to 6,500. Nice work!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
PM sent back btw when will you guys have your intercooler kit available to purchase?
If testing goes well, we should be able to start shipping Mid-March. Not to far from now!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Thank you everyone! I get so anxious when I get an update post up, because I know another update is just around the corner!

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Only worry I have is condensation issues with intercoolers. the F-150 3.5L had a big problem with this and it would cause condensation to build up inside the intercooler then get sucked into the engine.

http://blog.bluespringsfordparts.com/245/ecoboost-shudder/

So I wonder if we will have to worry about any of this with the aftermarket intercoolers? apparently ford has done a better job of it on the later ecoboosts so a little hesitant to switch out the stock IC. For track purposes I would totally use an aftermarket but for a daily driver...

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I need a catless DP and intercooler so hopefully you can throw me a return customer or forums discount in the price haha, whenever the IC is ready to go shoot me a PM, just trying to get ready for whenever there's a turbo kit upgrade lol

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Only worry I have is condensation issues with intercoolers. the F-150 3.5L had a big problem with this and it would cause condensation to build up inside the intercooler then get sucked into the engine.

So I wonder if we will have to worry about any of this with the aftermarket intercoolers? apparently ford has done a better job of it on the later ecoboosts so a little hesitant to switch out the stock IC. For track purposes I would totally use an aftermarket but for a daily driver...
This was a heavily discussed topic with the FoSTs and Fusions too, but no one had issues like the F-150s with either the stock or aftermarket FMICs, so I'd imagine it'd be the same for the EBMs. If you ever plan to produce any power, even with more simple or light mods, you really should get an intercooler. Apart from maybe getting a tune, an upgraded FMIC should be one of the first things you do!

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP

Only been using mine for about 1000 miles, no problems yet though. I don't know what kind of perfect storm caused this problem with the F150's, but I'm not worried at all.

dadoctah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grocery getter
Adam,
Could you clarify what you are comparing?
Your phase 1 parts AND custom tune vs just the cobb ots stage 1 tune vs stock?
patrick

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Adam,
patrick
It looks like Phase 1 parts with their custom tune vs Phase 1 with the Cobb tune. Then it looks like the Phase 1 with their custom tune vs an all stock car comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

This was a heavily discussed topic with the FoSTs and Fusions too, but no one had issues like the F-150s with either the stock or aftermarket FMICs, so I'd imagine it'd be the same for the EBMs. If you ever plan to produce any power, even with more simple or light mods, you really should get an intercooler. Apart from maybe getting a tune, an upgraded FMIC should be one of the first things you do!
I just installed mine this weekend, and live in FL. Nothing yet, I'll keep you posted. I did not notice any condensation or signs.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)

This is definitely not going to be an issue on the EBM, the factory intercooler is very inefficient and runs very hot (75° average with an ambient temperature of 47°). Soon as you get into boost it immediately heats over 100°. I checked our stock and our aftermarket piping after it has been on the car and there is no condensation "streaks" to be seen.

Adam,
patrick

It looks like Phase 1 parts with their custom tune vs Phase 1 with the Cobb tune. Then it looks like the Phase 1 with their custom tune vs an all stock car comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Exactly right! Phase 1 Parts, and our tune versus Cobb tune, and our tune versus bone stock EBM.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.