Results are only viewable after voting.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Lol, not even close in the context of GT500 vs GT350 and engine durability. The OP of this very thread even posted a thread on in the GT350 forum regarding engine concerns.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/questioning-gen-2-voodoo-reliability.195529/

Not only have GT350 engines been failing at what most here would consider unacceptable rates but it has already become difficult to source replacement engines.

GT350 was fun, I had one too. But we have witnessed way too many engine failures, and most of these are low mileage engines. One of the most relevant indicators, looking at the service records for FPRS' GT350's and the GT500's from their fleet. GT500 powertrain looks to be far more robust, especially when under duress.

Umm be careful not to throw stones when it comes to difficulties finding a replacement motor- seems we are all in bad shape on that one... thread just a few posts down with a GT500 owner that cant get an engine either- if this continues I might forget the GT500 - sell my 350R and move to another brand in the future...

(1) Anyone have insider info re: Long block | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

There was a recall on some 2020 GT350s - a bad batch of parts - but most of the kinks seem to have been worked out towards the end of the GT350 model run....
Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Umm be careful not to throw stones when it comes to difficulties finding a replacement motor- seems we are all in bad shape on that one... thread just a few posts down with a GT500 owner that cant get an engine either- if this continues I might forget the GT500 - sell my 350R and move to another brand in the future...

(1) Anyone have insider info re: Long block | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

There was a recall on some 2020 GT350s - a bad batch of parts - but most of the kinks seem to have been worked out towards the end of the GT350 model run....
nice you found the one thread referencing a blown gt500 engine in over 3 years.

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
If you are talking about drag racing and GT350s.... you are missing the point of the GT350 : )

My daily driver was an A10 PP1 would have beat my current 350R in a drag race 8/10 times Im thinking- yet I paid double for my 350R ....

Besides- if all I cared about was taking on low level supercars- Id go get a Tesla Plaid and then I could take on the high level ones too

I dont think you can refer to either 350 or 500 as being a lower or higher trim - in fact a low miles 350R just sold for 148K + fees on bring a trailer this week- lots of people are buying 350s at the same price they could have bought a 500 for ....

Would love to see the opinions of people who currently own both chime in ...

By the way- my previous vehicle was a 1967 Shelby GT500 - so technically I could have bought whichever car I wanted when I sold it : )

Again- please dont get me wrong...i LOVE GT500s - and am planning to add one to my collection in the future- and it was an incredibly hard choice choosing one over the other at the time...
The GT500 isn't a drag racer neither. I was talking about highway rolls.

I don't go out of my way to race people. I just drive around the city and live my life. If I'm on the tollway and a fast car wants to play a little bit while I'm on my commute, going to eat/shop, etc, then I'm always down. The 350 in stock form doesn't offer much there.

Like I said, my GT500 is my daily.

IMO the 350 is obsolete since the release of the 500. It's slower around a track despite being lighter. It's just not as visually appealing. You can't get a digital dash. The DCT.

You have to come on with arguments like "driver emotion" to justify a GT350 over a GT500.

Kinda similar to what the Porsche guys say when they spend $80,000+ for 350 horsepower and get smacked everywhere except a track that nobody ever goes to.

It's just not practical

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don’t own either one but have driven both. Both the 350 and 500 are phenomenal cars, they’re just very different so it depends on what you’re looking for. Long term, I think the odds are stacked against the 350 given the FPC design Ford went with. But there’s also several higher mileage examples with no issues. Cars with blowers will have issues too, but the Predator seems to be holding up well so far. A lot depends on how you use them and obviously proper maintenance is key. And sometimes motors just let go, happens to coyotes as well and they’re probably one of the more durable motors out there. Nothing is 100% bulletproof.

I voted for the 500 in your poll. The car is an absolute animal yet well mannered when it needs to be. Looks are a toss up to me, I like them both pretty equally. GT500 front end is a little more aggressive looking to me but that varies person to person. The Voodoo is the better sounding of the two IMO but there’s just something about the 500 that really tugs at me.

If I could own both I would in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
350, and it’s not even close. They are coming back with the 500 in a few years….it will be more powerful and manual which will leave the current 500 lost in the mix. The 500 to own is the 13-14. Although more powerful 500’s will come and go, the killer retro body of the s197 is gone.…

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry. One doesn’t replace the other. There two completely different tools basically. This will tweek some. A 500 is easy to drive fast, especially from a roll. On a track its more forgiving. A 350 on the other hand you need to know how to actually drive. Especially on a track. If the 500 can’t stretch its legs so speak it will not pull a 350 on a road course. If I was interested in roll on stuff and communiting, it wouldn’t be either car. It’d probably be a Mach 1 with an auto and put on full tilt. As for the voodoo and issue’s. It’s a motor, I get for some with limited skills or the financial side, but if it went south, I’d pull it and fix it. I will say my old fi’d 350 would walk walk my 500 from a roll no problem, dct and all. I’ve said it before, if I didn’t have a space issue I wouldn’t have sold my fi’d 350, that car was in a league of its own.

The GT500 isn't a drag racer neither. I was talking about highway rolls.

I don't go out of my way to race people. I just drive around the city and live my life. If I'm on the tollway and a fast car wants to play a little bit while I'm on my commute, going to eat/shop, etc, then I'm always down. The 350 in stock form doesn't offer much there.

Like I said, my GT500 is my daily.

IMO the 350 is obsolete since the release of the 500. It's slower around a track despite being lighter. It's just not as visually appealing. You can't get a digital dash. The DCT.

You have to come on with arguments like "driver emotion" to justify a GT350 over a GT500.

Kinda similar to what the Porsche guys say when they spend $80,000+ for 350 horsepower and get smacked everywhere except a track that nobody ever goes to.

It's just not practical

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I won’t choose. And I won’t sell either.

If you are talking about drag racing and GT350s.... you are missing the point of the GT350 : )

My daily driver was an A10 PP1 would have beat my current 350R in a drag race 8/10 times Im thinking- yet I paid double for my 350R ....

Besides- if all I cared about was taking on low level supercars- Id go get a Tesla Plaid and then I could take on the high level ones too

I dont think you can refer to either 350 or 500 as being a lower or higher trim - in fact a low miles 350R just sold for 148K + fees on bring a trailer this week- lots of people are buying 350s at the same price they could have bought a 500 for ....

Would love to see the opinions of people who currently own both chime in ...

By the way- my previous vehicle was a 1967 Shelby GT500 - so technically I could have bought whichever car I wanted when I sold it : )

Again- please dont get me wrong...i LOVE GT500s - and am planning to add one to my collection in the future- and it was an incredibly hard choice choosing one over the other at the time...

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, not a chance in hell. Wish it wasn’t so but we won‘t see these again, and for sure not in a manual. Most can’t handle the power with a dct, a manual would be a recipe for disaster for most.

350, and it’s not even close. They are coming back with the 500 in a few years….it will be more powerful and manual which will leave the current 500 lost in the mix. The 500 to own is the 13-14. Although more powerful 500’s will come and go, the killer retro body of the s197 is gone.…

Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Sorry, not a chance in hell. Wish it wasn’t so but we won‘t see these again, and for sure not in a manual. Most can’t handle the power with a dct, a manual would be a recipe for disaster for most.
The only thing we can do is wait and see…

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Nothing on the next 500 is confirmed. As of now, Ford & SAI haven’t even renewed a licensing agreement.

But to answer your question OP, owned both. 500 and it’s not even close.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
What? Not making the Dork Horse a choice? :giggle:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
A stock GT350 has to worry about 10 speed 5.0s, scat packs and SS camaros on the street ...
…nope, nope and nope. have run a dozen variations of all three on the highway, and not lost yet 😬

OP
OP

Shanksfornothin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teejay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS200T
Nothing on the next 500 is confirmed. As of now, Ford & SAI haven’t even renewed a licensing agreement.

But to answer your question OP, owned both. 500 and it’s not even close.
Not many can say they’ve owned both. Thank you for your input!

I’ve driven both but literally just for a test drive. The high revs of the voodoo is an experience that’s unmatched and I can’t describe it more than “special” and I love a manual no doubt

In my drive with the GT500 I was a bit afraid of it because it was a friends car and I didn’t want anything stupid to happen, but even still I got out of the car and was blown away. I’ve never been so amazed by an auto. I didn’t miss the manual in that drive at all and I can’t believe I’m saying that.
Sponsored