daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I operate reactors and we make resin which is turned into paint by all the big companies, plus we make a couple batches a year that is used for fillings in teeth.
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Doctor of Chiropractic for almost 26 years. I own a practice that's been running for 36 years, and I am a partner( 1 of 4) in a small real estate investment company.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
20231113_000034.jpg

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Actually, I was a mainframe operating system programmer until I retired, two years ago at 78. I still get offers every week. I designed a lot of the original ATM software you've used for years.
I'll prolly be working that long. hell i feel retired half the time now with how flexible and enjoyable my job is.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
Retired ASE master auto tech with 50 years of tools in my garage so do all my own work. Only cost to me is for parts and time. Been fixing and hot rodding cars/bikes for 50 plus years long before there were any computers or electronics in cars. GM master tech for Cadillac/Olds till 98, then Harley mechanic Talladega test facility when Harley was developing the v rod motorcycle and had no mechanics that new anything about fuel injection or computer controls. Got paid very well to play at work every day on bikes and test ride around the superspeedway up on the high banks at triple digit speeds on 2 wheels.

Plus, I have trust issues and just do not trust anyone else to touch my toys.

BD

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'll prolly be working that long. hell i feel retired half the time now with how flexible and enjoyable my job is.
I worked remotely for 10 of the last 13 years. There was little need for mainframe software engineers on site, because nobody but the operations staff has direct mainframe access anywhere. We don't interact with other staff, because nobody has a clue what we are talking about. I retired because we had stabilized the environment of the client I was working for, to the point that there had not been a problem in over a year. Mainframe software is very stable and failures are unheard of. The last outage I saw was in 2007. At the same time, I saw server outages for this client almost daily.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Nothing wrong with the wife being a breadwinner, as long as the man isn’t sitting around doing nothing in my opinion!
Same here, well... I can't complain because we are both freelancers and my professional activity is going extremely well so far. The point is that she is in a market with more money that can be put in the furnace.

This, and the thing that being a beautiful, (relatively) young woman always helps (she is very competent too, one of the best in her market).

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I retired because we had stabilized the environment of the client I was working for, to the point that there had not been a problem in over a year. Mainframe software is very stable and failures are unheard of. The last outage I saw was in 2007. At the same time, I saw server outages for this client almost daily.
Wait until the world is taken over by the adepts of the Cloud religion (it's a joke, it won't, not for the core services). Selling the customer data to a Bezos, Billy, or you name it. The customer always ends up paying 400% more than before, has a worse service than when he were in his datacenter, and lost any type of governance or change management over his environment. And when there is a problem you have to speak with an outsourced helpdesk in India that understands less than you.

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Teardown mechanic at a repair and overhaul facility.
on the military side, i tear down apu's and gearboxes from F-22's, B-1's, Apache helicopters, F-35's, F-15's and the occasional B-2 and RC-135 apu (auxiliary power units) this includes foreign Air Force units, like Saudi, Japanese, Singapore and Israeli F-15 units.
Sponsored