GM is pulling back on EVs

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So actually NO we are the ones doing something about it rather than moaning about change, lack of 'cheap' fuel, blaming everybody but yourself and resisting change. YOU and people like YOU are the reason we are in todays situation as it happens!
People like you are the reason we have rolling black outs during high demand periods. You will not let us build power plants that work. You get giddy at the prospect of FORCING people to adopt inferior energy sources and transportation methods.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Slacker y'all
You didn't pass the mall from the airport to West Chester.
Another electric thing that will take your freedom away
No one has said an electric bike will take away our freedom. Now if the EPA or other entity FORCES us to get rid of a non-electric bike and purchase an electric one, well then yes our freedom to choose is lost.

Looks like your hit piece on Fox is due to Chinese electric bikes self combusting,
I suppose the sensationalism from CNN and MSNBC ect is OK?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You didn't pass the mall from the airport to West Chester.
Fair. Was in the vicinity...

Looks like your hit piece on Fox is due to Chinese electric bikes self combusting,
I suppose the sensationalism from CNN and MSNBC ect is OK?
I personally think electric bikes are super lame (I am mountain biker at heart and I'm 47, not 25) just though this article fits this thread and its narrative perfectly... Also, this really wasn't super serious comment if you can't tell...

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Speaking of electric cars - I was in Tokyo all last week - some Nissan Leafs and a Tesla here and there, but otherwise almost non existent. Not even close to what I see every day here in OH (and way way behind Europe). Everything is hybrid though.

Seems like it matches how their manufacturers approach EVs...

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1679153437750.png
1679153437750.png

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Speaking of electric cars - I was in Tokyo all last week - some Nissan Leafs and a Tesla here and there, but otherwise almost non existent. Not even close to what I see every day here in OH (and way way behind Europe). Everything is hybrid though.

Seems like it matches how their manufacturers approach EVs...
One of my sons is working in Tokyo at the moment and did comment that hybrids are everywhere. The Japanese are very slow to adopt some things (surprisingly) - they still use fax machines!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Fair. Was in the vicinity...

I personally think electric bikes are super lame (I am mountain biker at heart and I'm 47, not 25) just though this article fits this thread and its narrative perfectly... Also, this really wasn't super serious comment if you can't tell...
Electric bikes and scooters are soaring in sales in UK and Europe, especially in cities where getting about on them is so much easier than by car. I was on Fuerteventura recently and they were everywhere there, ridden by all ages.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The Japanese are very slow to adopt some things (surprisingly)
Hybrids are not backwards tech. They are a viable solution. They have range and are reliable. I see 10 hybrids to one BEV in NKY.

I suppose to Greg we are backward and marry our sisters, not just our cousins. :crackup:

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Electric bikes and scooters are soaring in sales in UK and Europe, especially in cities where getting about on them is so much easier than by car. I was on Fuerteventura recently and they were everywhere there, ridden by all ages.
Stand up scooters are everywhere here in Chicago with the exception of winter, where they arenā€™t good performers. šŸ˜

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Stand up scooters are everywhere here in Chicago
We had them here and they were nothing but problems. People zipping up and down sidewalks, darting into traffic.......

They are gone.

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
Those pesky Germans. They need to get crackin if they want to be part of
gregs24 us/we group. And what about those Brits lagging behind. Come on get with the program Brits.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stubborn-germany-weakening-europe-most-180000083.html

"The petrol engine is crucial to the prosperity of the German economy. It accounts for a million jobs directly, once parts suppliers are included, and many more are dependent on the wealth it creates.

It generates $120bn (Ā£99bn) in exports every year. And it delivers the profits and growth the country needs to keep expanding. In many countries, the car industry is important, but in Germany it is crucial."

" The UK is making a mess of the transition to EVs, but that is hardly critical since our auto industry is no longer vital to our prosperity, and hasnā€™t been for many years."

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The Germans have looked at the limitations of BEV and realize it cannot work in the near future.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Those pesky Germans. They need to get crackin if they want to be part of
gregs24 us/we group. And what about those Brits lagging behind. Come on get with the program Brits.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stubborn-germany-weakening-europe-most-180000083.html

"The petrol engine is crucial to the prosperity of the German economy. It accounts for a million jobs directly, once parts suppliers are included, and many more are dependent on the wealth it creates.

It generates $120bn (Ā£99bn) in exports every year. And it delivers the profits and growth the country needs to keep expanding. In many countries, the car industry is important, but in Germany it is crucial."

" The UK is making a mess of the transition to EVs, but that is hardly critical since our auto industry is no longer vital to our prosperity, and hasnā€™t been for many years."
Those all seems like great reasons to keep making them - "we're making shit ton of money selling them / making them" so why would we ever want them to go away, lol" is what it means. At least they're being honest about it or they haven't figured out that publishing EV bashing articles on msn is how pros do it, lol.
Sponsored