GM is pulling back on EVs

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
“The rules will prevent up to 85 premature deaths per year and save up to $890 million a year in health-care costs and lost work.”
Seriously 85 deaths a year. Wow 😂 So if you live to 86 instead of 85 it did its job huh?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/sa...ut-natural-gas-heating-appliances-2023-03-16/
Incremental changes to bring about a large scale improvement. This is one of those small incremental changes - is that too difficult to understand ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Incremental changes to bring about a large scale improvement. This is one of those small incremental changes - is that too difficult to understand ?
Instead of this why not push people to stop eating processed meats/foods cut down on sugar intake get outdoors and do more physical exercise? Process foods is the biggest killer of humanity

“Many previous studies have linked ultra-processed food to other negative health outcomes, including a higher risk for diabetes, cognitive decline, heart disease and cancer. An August study found that people in Italy who consumed ultra-processed food in large quantities had a higher overall risk of death.”Nov 6, 2022

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna55455

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wonder if Greg would change his tune if the Royal Marines kicked in his front door and proceeded to rip out his boiler heating system?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Instead of this why not push people to stop eating processed meats/foods cut down on sugar intake get outdoors and do more physical exercise? Process foods is the biggest killer of humanity

“Many previous studies have linked ultra-processed food to other negative health outcomes, including a higher risk for diabetes, cognitive decline, heart disease and cancer. An August study found that people in Italy who consumed ultra-processed food in large quantities had a higher overall risk of death.”Nov 6, 2022

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna55455
Agree - we need to do all of these things not choose an 'instead' all the time though. You still don't get it do you? Lots of small changes make a big change, but you just always want to find the big bad thing that needs to change in one go - preferably one that doesn't affect you.

The world is not like that, nobody is going to live in cold caves, walk everywhere and eat mud, but we can make significant changes to everybody's benefit by making lots of small changes, diet and reduction in the use of fossil fuels included.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Agree - we need to do all of these things not choose an 'instead' all the time though. You still don't get it do you? Lots of small changes make a big change, but you just always want to find the big bad thing that needs to change in one go - preferably one that doesn't affect you.

The world is not like that, nobody is going to live in cold caves, walk everywhere and eat mud, but we can make significant changes to everybody's benefit by making lots of small changes, diet and reduction in the use of fossil fuels included.
But they will take and easy and cheap form of energy away from us, use electricity to incrementally control our movement and make us eat bugs. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Is that any better? I want to do things, to make the world better place, that make sense. The US hasn’t built a nuclear power plant in half a century, they are going to close and eliminate coal powered electrical plants and now they are talking about getting rid of gas heating devices and stoves and ovens won’t be far behind. That’s how this works. I know that some folks think is a far stretch but it isn’t. If we could sit down and talk common sense ideas to make things better for humanity without destroying half of the infrastructure we have built, it would go a long way then staying in our corner and not meeting in the middle.

Sponsored

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
Are you talking about incremental changes like your Lotus Emira which is on order? Just trying to understand. Really I am. Muh incremental change.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
But they will take and easy and cheap form of energy away from us, use electricity to incrementally control our movement and make us eat bugs. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Is that any better? I want to do things, to make the world better place, that make sense. The US hasn’t built a nuclear power plant in half a century, they are going to close and eliminate coal powered electrical plants and now they are talking about getting rid of gas heating devices and stoves and ovens won’t be far behind. That’s how this works. I know that some folks think is a far stretch but it isn’t. If we could sit down and talk common sense ideas to make things better for humanity without destroying half of the infrastructure we have built, it would go a long way then staying in our corner and not meeting in the middle.
That is EXACTLY what some people are doing - the hydrogen replacement for natural gas is EXACTLY that.

Easy and cheap is unfortunately not a long term strategy when the easy cheap fuel is what is causing the problem - that is why we need change.

No idea what you are on about re electricity controlling your movement and eating bugs - sounds like paranoia to me. Oh and who are 'they'? - Your democratically elected government by any chance ?

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
That is EXACTLY what some people are doing - the hydrogen replacement for natural gas is EXACTLY that.

Easy and cheap is unfortunately not a long term strategy when the easy cheap fuel is what is causing the problem - that is why we need change.

No idea what you are on about re electricity controlling your movement and eating bugs - sounds like paranoia to me. Oh and who are 'they'? - Your democratically elected government by any chance ?
https://time.com/5942290/eat-insects-save-planet/

https://amp.theguardian.com/food/20...save-the-planet-the-future-of-food-is-insects

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/02/how-insects-positively-impact-climate-change/
🤔 I know I’m out of my mind

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I am soon going to call the debate of China's world leading pollution emissions not counting because they make lots of EV, wind turbine, battery and other "green" parts as a false notion. Been a few pages since the last rebuttal post.

We thought we knew what we were doing during the last 50 years when we relocated all those pollution emitters over to China. There are a lot of consequences here and there, but things are generally a lot cleaner over here now. China can't clean up their act overnight and it wouldn't be a big deal to us if it wasn't for this global warming hub bub.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium

No idea what you are on about electricity controlling your movement and eating bugs - sounds like paranoia to me. Oh and who are 'they'? - Your democratically elected government by any chance ?
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/us/california-heat-wave-flex-alert-ac-ev-charging.html

https://enginetech.com/switzerland-...ct-electric-vehicle-charging-this-winter/amp/

Thinking that in the future there won’t be excuses to limit the ability to charge your car to include shutting down your chargers or electrical supply for the greater good is naive at best.

Edit: @Gregs24 I don’t trust governments because I worked for my government. I know what they are capable of.

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So true.

"So, what is the consensus of this article? Well, some could argue that the world may not be as ready for electric vehicles as we thought. At least, not the widespread, mandated adoption of them. One day, infrastructure and resources may catch up to allow consumers to have more choice in personal transportation, but for now, the future still remains uncertain. "

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
We thought we knew what we were doing during the last 50 years when we relocated all those pollution emitters over to China. There are a lot of consequences here and there, but things are generally a lot cleaner over here now. China can't clean up their act overnight and it wouldn't be a big deal to us if it wasn't for this global warming hub bub.
Hello; You hit some important points. I am old enough to have been around for the debates about industry moving to more industry friendly places. Sometimes it is cheaper labor. Sometimes it is less stringent pollution rules. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy off the politicians. Often it is all of the above. Not only China to be sure.

I watched the Tucker Carlson show last night. The first segment of the show was about climate predictions going back to the 1970's and up o more recently. Started with the many scientific and media reported predictions of the coming ice age. Then to the change over to the earliest global warming doom predictions. Then to the more recent change over to dire climate change predictions. These predictions had a common theme. That being the predicted dates of catastrophic demise or the statue of liberty being in water up to her elbow have all past. All the forecasts' dates came and went without the dire consequences happening.
Does this long trail of failures slow down the current crop of gloom and doom predictions? No of course not. They have wised up some. The climate change warming is not an eight or ten or 12 years into the future prediction as in the past. They now predict doom 50 to 100 years into the future and can "prove" it with computers. You know the computer generated models that must be real. Seen any Marvel movies lately with CGI ?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/us/california-heat-wave-flex-alert-ac-ev-charging.html

https://enginetech.com/switzerland-...ct-electric-vehicle-charging-this-winter/amp/

Thinking that in the future there won’t be excuses to limit the ability to charge your car to include shutting down your chargers or electrical supply for the greater good is naive at best.
Which is EXACTLY why the US needs to catch up on investment in infrastructure and get the 'cheap' fuel idea out of your minds. It's only cheap because you are not investing and long term that will come back to bite you.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
But it is a big deal because it isn't just a 'hub bub'
Sponsored