HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My sister in law has a Kia and she’s very happy with it.
They get more bad rap on Mustang forums because some of their EVs will trounce a GT500 0-60 which basically means anywhere but a race track.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
And?

You have already posted this sort of stuff before as some sort of 'hey I'm clever and calling out the leftie celebs'

Other than the obvious lack of actual proper data on this - as in what contribution these private jets actually make it is just another of you 'blame someone else' 'they are worse than me' type comments.

Rich people use private jets - shock
People who are paid or required to jet around the world for work use jets - shock
Are things being done to improve efficiency and damage caused by commercial / private flights? - Yes they are.
So what is your point other than some sad jealousy driven, politically motivated jibe? And I only mention politics because you posted a video 'calling out 'lefties', as obviously right wing people also use private jets, but they just don't care about the environment so it is fine!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
And?

You have already posted this sort of stuff before as some sort of 'hey I'm clever and calling out the leftie celebs'

Other than the obvious lack of actual proper data on this - as in what contribution these private jets actually make it is just another of you 'blame someone else' 'they are worse than me' type comments.

People who are paid or required to jet around the world for work use jets - shock
Are things being done to improve efficiency and damage caused by commercial / private flights? - Yes they are.
So what is your point other than some sad jealousy driven, politically motivated jibe? And I only mention politics because you posted a video 'calling out 'lefties', as obviously right wing people also use private jets, but they just don't care about the environment so it is fine!
Hello; This is rich. "....the obvious lack of actual proper data on this". Somehow it must be proven that using a private jet for personal transportation is a greater point source of pollution/emissions ???

"Are things being done to improve efficiency and damage caused by commercial / private flights? - Yes they are." This one brings to mind the recent way he made an excuse for Chinas emissions because they make a lot of green & EV stuff. It is OK for rich folks to use private jets because from time to time efficiency has been improved.
Funny thing is not long ago many public utilities spent consumer funds to switch over to much cleaner natural gas. Now the "green" true believers say that is not good enough.

."...as obviously right wing people also use private jets, but they just don't care about the environment so it is fine!" This one may be the better of the post. In a real sense, relative to emissions, it actually does not matter who uses the private jets. Emissions are emissions to be sure. A clear thing, of course' is they are not haranguing the rest of us about global warming/climate change when they get off the private jets.
Also, why the excuse about how the "things being done to improve efficiency and damage caused by commercial / private flights?" will not count for "right wing people" but will count for evangelistic style climate activists. Gotta love the hypocrisy of this guy. More heads I win, tails you lose type thinking.

But I get it. He hopes to be able to fly private. His chiding us about the environment on this forum makes it ok to fly private. Maybe he can carry his soapbox and stand on it when the plane lands. Privilege for me but not for thee.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
And?

No the hypocrisy of the people that folks like you praise as climate “champions” because they talk a good game but do everything opposite of the diarrhea that comes out of their mouth.

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
No the hypocrisy of the people that folks like you praise as climate “champions” because they talk a good game but do everything opposite of the diarrhea that comes out of their mouth.
Mr. Grumpy has been chided on this forum for driving an ICE vehicle (Mustang GT), with an other ICE sports car on order, all while he lectures us about climate change and the virtues of green energy. When one criticizes these climate advocates who don’t follow their own philosopy, they try to deny, deflect, hide and justify their indefensible position. They are left with the unenviable and embarrassing position of being called hypocrites, and they resent this; they lash out in anger, with the name calling and put downs like small children. They believe that they are beyond reproach and that others should do as they say and not as they do. This is typical liberal modus operandi.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
This is typical liberal modus operandi.
Right, and he has stated he is in favor of using FORCE to get us Luddites to embrace the climate change agenda.

I'll ask again. I wonder how he will react when/if the Royal Marines kick in his front door, rip out his boiler heating system and force him to buy a heat pump.

Like most liberals he doesn't think it will happen to him since he is an advocate.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mr. Grumpy has been chided on this forum for driving an ICE vehicle (Mustang GT), with an other ICE sports car on order, all while he lectures us about climate change and the virtues of green energy. When one criticizes these climate advocates who don’t follow their own philosopy, they try to deny, deflect, hide and justify their indefensible position. They are left with the unenviable and embarrassing position of being called hypocrites, and they resent this; they lash out in anger, with the name calling and put downs like small children. They believe that they are beyond reproach and that others should do as they say and not as they do. This is typical liberal modus operandi.
Interesting take.
An alternative take might be that he has CONSISTENTLY mentioned that mandates are necessary because the individual can’t create the kind of change that’s required.
NOTE: when he says ”individuals” that includes EVERYBODY.

I‘m going to own an ICE vehicle right up until the day that’s it’s no longer viable. It probably won’t be my primary mode of transport but I’ll continue to use the vehicle periodically, as I do now. Does that make me a hypocrite? No. It means that I’m doing exactly what I’m allowed to do under the laws that I’m advocating for.
We aren’t asking the government to confiscate cars, nor are we saying that people can’t have ANY CO2 emissions.

It would however be hypocritical for me to be targeting China for continuing to expand its fossil fuel based power whilst wanting my own country to continue doing exactly that.
THAT would be hypocrisy.
It’s so ridiculous that it doesn’t even make sense, which is how we know that people didn’t come up with it by themselves. They simply wouldn’t. Instead, it takes a certain level of programming to achieve that type of thinking.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Right, and he has stated he is in favor of using FORCE to get us Luddites to embrace the climate change agenda.

I'll ask again. I wonder how he will react when/if the Royal Marines kick in his front door, rip out his boiler heating system and force him to buy a heat pump.

Like most liberals he doesn't think it will happen to him since he is an advocate.
What’s the point in me owning an EV if 99% of the population doesn’t?

It’s kind of funny. When people buy a EV they’re accused of virtue signalling, but if they don’t they’re accused of hypocrisy.

Heads I win, tails you lose…all over again.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Come on, I know you are more realistic than this.
I hope I am….

Here‘s the situation for us at home right now.
Wife needs a new car. There’s nothing on the market in either hybrid or EV that fits the bill.
So, we’ve decided that she’ll be getting a Ford Everest.
Before committing to the purchase, I contacted a friend of mine who happens to be in a position where he knows what’s coming down the tube from Ford. Let’s just say that Ford won’t have anything suitable for at least another two years. We can’t wait that long.

So for all my green ideals, we’re forced (by the free market), to make a purchase I don’t feel great about. On the bright side, we’re moving to a cleaner (and more efficient) vehicle than the one she currently drives.

I‘d call that progress. Imperfect, but acceptable at this point in time.

Now, if mandates were already in place, the range of options that we’d have to choose from would’ve made it so that there was a vehicle available that fit the bill.

So yes, an EV of some description is on our horizon, just not this time around. The market needs to develop a bit further before we can take the plunge.

Of course some will call hypocrisy, but I’m not quite sure how to get around the problem of needing a car that isn’t yet available?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Interesting take.
An alternative take might be that he has CONSISTENTLY mentioned that mandates are necessary because the individual can’t create the kind of change that’s required.
NOTE: when he says ”individuals” that includes EVERYBODY.
Hello; Have to call BS on this one. Individuals most certainty can cause the kinds of change in question. Example, back when the governments first started mandating corporate MPG averages the sedans were targeted with higher requirements. People (individuals) started buying the pickups and truck based SUV's of the time. Why ? Because many did not wish to drive the smaller compacts. I did not mind and grew to like the smaller cars. Point being the general population can create demand for pretty much anything they want. For years now EV's have been on the market and failed to capture public demand. We get EV's are not practical, not a good deal and simply will not fit into our lifestyles. Would be similar to expecting to be satisfied with computers of a few generations back.
The sales pitches did not work so our "betters" have gathered enough power to instigate measures of force. A thing is they are not being honest about what our lifestyles will be if they can put into place all of the agenda points. An attempt will be made to keep that part hidden for as long as is possible. Perhaps that would be a worthwhile track in this discussion.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I hope I am….

Here‘s the situation for us at home right now.
Wife needs a new car. There’s nothing on the market in either hybrid or EV that fits the bill.
So, we’ve decided that she’ll be getting a Ford Everest.
Before committing to the purchase, I contacted a friend of mine who happens to be in a position where he knows what’s coming down the tube from Ford. Let’s just say that Ford won’t have anything suitable for at least another two years. We can’t wait that long.

So for all my green ideals, we’re forced (by the free market), to make a purchase I don’t feel great about. On the bright side, we’re moving to a cleaner (and more efficient) vehicle than the one she currently drives.

I‘d call that progress. Imperfect, but acceptable at this point in time.

Now, if mandates were already in place, the range of options that we’d have to choose from would’ve made it so that there was a vehicle available that fit the bill.

So yes, an EV of some description is on our horizon, just not this time around. The market needs to develop a bit further before we can take the plunge.

Of course some will call hypocrisy, but I’m not quite sure how to get around the problem of needing a car that isn’t yet available?

Hello; Nailed it. "There’s nothing on the market in either hybrid or EV that fits the bill." Kinda the whole point. EV's do not fill the bill for very many. Not many at all.

One alternative is to keep fixing the old ICE.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Nailed it. "There’s nothing on the market in either hybrid or EV that fits the bill." Kinda the whole point. EV's do not fill the bill for very many. Not many at all.

One alternative is to keep fixing the old ICE.
I wasn’t referring to range or any of the “issues” you guys keep harping on about.
I was referring to seating capacity, drivetrain configuration, towing weight limits etc.

Theses things will come when the market changes.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
At NO POINT have I ever 'praised people like that as climate champions'. In your head maybe, but that is just YOUR agenda slipping in.

Don't accuse me of things I have not done to make you feel better

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I wasn’t referring to range or any of the “issues” you guys keep harping on about.
I was referring to seating capacity, drivetrain configuration, towing weight limits etc.

Theses things will come when the market changes.
It is just typical. If an EV cannot match or exceed what an ICE can do IN EVERY SINGLE WAY then it is no good. Even if the area it isn't as good is unimportant to you. Towing capacity is unimportant to me, but important to you - it doesn't mean either of us is wrong.

This is the stupid, black and white, head in the sand, I will never change attitude that typifies some of the fools on here. They simply do not understand incremental change - I suppose it is quite a big word!
Sponsored