Sponsored

Is it OK to post about a shady dealer ...?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You're aware she lost nearly $600,000,000 along with the once Royals in SVB.
except not. only bond and stock holders got wiped out. All deposits of any amount were backstopped. Apparently this is the new normal for *favored* persons.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
WoW … F’in thieves

Hello; Read of a couple who bought a Ford Pickup and found the finance rate had been changed when the paperwork arrived in the mail later. Story was on the web news a few days ago.
I am thinking I will take pictures of the paperwork while it is at the dealers if I cannot take it with me.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
So I bought two used cars last year, one from CarMax and one from Carvana. The Carvana process was a bit nerve-wracking since it is all done remotely and can't look anyone in the eye, but I have to say that both of these experiences were amongst the best car buying experiences I ever had. No BS, no pressure, everything is laid out in front of you in black and white, everything clearly documented, no hidden fees, no shuffling between a sales guy, a manager, and a finance guy, no upsell pressure. I know a lot of folks (especially people who hang out on car forums) don't like the no-haggle model, but after these two experiences, I am won over. They were both clean and straightfoward business transactions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
yup that was me on 7G … ordering a DH on the 27th from local dealer MSRP

you might need to elaborate as to WHOM.
I have PM from you on 7G, but not here.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Well, that put a damper on my day. Lol
Hello; I have been following the SVB bailout the last few days. Some of it does not make sense. Seems all depositors will be made whole even those with over $250K of deposits. That is not the way FDIC was supposed to work. Makes it sweet for folks at that particular bank to be sure, but leaves the question open for all the rest of the banks. Is the $250K deposit insurance no longer the upper limit?
I made a couple trips to my bank Monday and spoke to a few bank officers. There are some exceptions but as an individual the $250K number usually covers all accounts at one bank for one person. One exception is the IRA retirement accounts which fall outside of the $250K limit. I have checking, savings and CD accounts and if the total is over $250K, the portion over is not insured by FDIC. If the bank fails the FDIC will get you $250K. Amounts over that limit may or may not be recoverable. Might take months or longer for the banks assets to sell. You may get some percentage recovered, but not be made whole.

If you can have two individuals at that bank the limit can be $500K. Say for a married couple. Afraid I did not ask much about how that needs to work.

One other thing is having accounts at different banks. Be sure the banks are not affiliated/connected to each other. One of my banks has seven branches so the extra branches still count as part of just one bank. So, the $250K limit applies.

Last thing is my speculation. If we have a general run on banks, the generous bailout of SVB for depositors over $250 K cannot be paid out to all. Way too much money involved. The way I, so far, understand it is the SVB payout will come from fees the banks have to pay into a fund. I have heard conflicting reports about this fund. Regardless seems likely we will wind up paying higher bank fees as one result. Overall still a risky event.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Over a year ago had a 2020 PP2 (used) on radar in Ford dealer in Ma. Went with check to pick up and the BS started. Long story. Didn t buy car and ordered my Mach1. Some thing turn out better, anyway I sent my complaints to Ford and got the standard "they are their own business and we have no control over their practices", LOL, that s when I knew Ford was a BS company .
Buyer beware!

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Hello; I have been following the SVB bailout the last few days. Some of it does not make sense. Seems all depositors will be made whole even those with over $250K of deposits. That is not the way FDIC was supposed to work. Makes it sweet for folks at that particular bank to be sure, but leaves the question open for all the rest of the banks. Is the $250K deposit insurance no longer the upper limit?
I made a couple trips to my bank Monday and spoke to a few bank officers. There are some exceptions but as an individual the $250K number usually covers all accounts at one bank for one person. One exception is the IRA retirement accounts which fall outside of the $250K limit. I have checking, savings and CD accounts and if the total is over $250K, the portion over is not insured by FDIC. If the bank fails the FDIC will get you $250K. Amounts over that limit may or may not be recoverable. Might take months or longer for the banks assets to sell. You may get some percentage recovered, but not be made whole.

If you can have two individuals at that bank the limit can be $500K. Say for a married couple. Afraid I did not ask much about how that needs to work.

One other thing is having accounts at different banks. Be sure the banks are not affiliated/connected to each other. One of my banks has seven branches so the extra branches still count as part of just one bank. So, the $250K limit applies.

Last thing is my speculation. If we have a general run on banks, the generous bailout of SVB for depositors over $250 K cannot be paid out to all. Way too much money involved. The way I, so far, understand it is the SVB payout will come from fees the banks have to pay into a fund. I have heard conflicting reports about this fund. Regardless seems likely we will wind up paying higher bank fees as one result. Overall still a risky event.
Its very simple, the so called "depositors" and "investors" at this bank are generally a politically favored class. Gavin Newsom Governor of CA has assets to his 3 wineries in SVB bank and personal accounts, same with the wife. He is of course at the same time pushing for "full bailout" of the bank. Very definition of conflict of interest and violation of CA law. Many people who used this bank, are indeed donors and politically connected. There is no way in hell they are going to loose money.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gav...-valley-bank-wineries-bailout-lobbying-2023-3

I think its fair game after it all shakes out, to call out dishonest business for what it is. The more the public complains and lets others know about it, the less this will go on. Regular everyday people have very little power these days, look at the SVB situation. OP is fully within his right to share, in fact its about all he can do.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
yes. people need to know. however, if they screw up and make it right also make that known, as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The matter of conduct is being investigated by the dealership brass.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm biting my tongue wanting to call out by name a shady Ford dealer over in Florida that is absolute 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩. Vultures I tell ya.

Why? They obviously don't want my business. Colorado resident with cash to spend for another pony toy to play with.

The following charges were applied to me and were non negotiable. 8 year old mustang gt with 60k miles. I walked just because it was pointless to start a fight when they didn't want my money/business anyway. I still get irritated by this though.

-No trade +$2000.00
-No financing +$2000.00
-Government fees +$544.95 <--- literally, WTF is this? 🤣
-Doc fee +$1200.00
-Reconditioning fee +$1000.00 <--- bitch this gets built into the asking price, not a separate fee.
-Nitrogen filled tires +$595.00

I should have asked where my additional market adjustment fee was. Looks like that one was missing. 😒
Holy shiznit!

That's not even trying to be sneaky; that's just a middle finger written on paper.

Why protect their name? F these dealers. Blast that name everywhere.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Ourisman Ford, Manassas, VA
Was the finance guy Casey? I had an overall good experience there, I will say. The ordering process was easy and at a time when orders were taking very long in general, it was produced and arrived pretty quickly, especially compared with an order I had at another dealer. I also received a relatively good deal, and any fees were ones I already was aware of, so no complaints there. If I had to do it again there, I would because of the money I saved, but I would go in smarter and be sure to question more. Casey, the finance guy, TOTAL scam artist. Luckily my sales guy and the other finance people did right in helping to mostly correct the bad part of the experience I had, but there is part of it I’m still dealing with and they definitely seem to be dragging their feet/trying to get out of completing the fix they promised me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Casey, the finance guy, TOTAL scam artist.
I've passed that on.

You want to deal with Simon (tall, skinny, black) and only him apparently. I haven't had the misfortune of tangling with Casey in my multiple transactions. For sales, ask for Jason Clark by name and accept no other.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I've passed that on.

You want to deal with Simon (tall, skinny, black) and only him apparently. I haven't had the misfortune of tangling with Casey in my multiple transactions. For sales, ask for Jason Clark by name and accept no other.
Yeah, Simon was the one who helped mostly fix the issue, and no questions asked. It really helped me calm down after I was feeling mad about what had happened, so I did appreciate that. Just wished I could’ve gotten him to begin with when I was buying my car at the dealer. And Jason was my salesman, nice guy and super easy to work with. The only thing is he’s been my contact since the whole bad part with finance, and there’s a small part that I was told would be remedied still, and I continually have to send a text and it’s been 5 months of that now, and every time I get no real follow up.
Sponsored