• Total voters

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I’m doing some upgrades on the wife’s HPP.
mods so fare
•roush intake
•turbosmart BOV (sound amazing)
•jlt driver side catch can

it has actives exhaust so I don’t think I’ll mess with that unless I can find a better sounding active system which I doubt.

just need intercooler. When we drove it to the beach over the summer the temperature were high for the small amount of driving we did
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I have the CVF street IC but installed it right after I got the car in the winter of 21 so don't have temps for stock summer IAT temps but can say that June of 22 here in southeast was 100 degrees for the week of Hot Rod power tour and I saw temps from 100 to 160+ in IAT 2 temps on the 1500 mile trip depending on if it was highway miles or sitting in line at events idling to get in or stuck in a interstate accident for an hour idling.

I have heard of some issues with the mounting of the CVF race IC causing some interference issues between the IC and condenser core resulting in A/C leaks from condenser., plus you lose the AGC ducting.

BD

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Thanks f
I have the CVF street IC but installed it right after I got the car in the winter of 21 so don't have temps for stock summer IAT temps but can say that June of 22 here in southeast was 100 degrees for the week of Hot Rod power tour and I saw temps from 100 to 160+ in IAT 2 temps on the 1500 mile trip depending on if it was highway miles or sitting in line at events idling to get in or stuck in a interstate accident for an hour idling.

I have heard of some issues with the mounting of the CVF race IC causing some interference issues between the IC and condenser core resulting in A/C leaks from condenser., plus you lose the AGC ducting.

BD
thanks for response. Did u add hard piping when u done your intercooler or just intercooler it’s self. And did u do bumper off install or from underneath the car

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks f

thanks for response. Did u add hard piping when u done your intercooler or just intercooler it’s self. And did u do bumper off install or from underneath the car
Initially I just replaced the IC with a bumper off install and then about a month later I installed the CVF charge pipes from under the hood. I had made sure with the bumper off to orient the clamps so all of them can be accessed from under the hood.

It would be easier to do both IC and charge pipes with bumper off in one install.

BD

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
I installed the CVF street during the first summer I had mine. Temps ran cooler than they did stock and it was quicker to cool down after sitting in traffic. I didn't take the bumper off to replace the IC and didn't really have issue with the replacement.

Just installed the hot and cold pipes (from the hood side) and found that they really make a difference.

Unless you're running a bigger turbo, don't install the race IC. Plenty of people have done so and posted their discontent on the ecoboost forum.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I only did both hot and cold because I got the set used for 100 bucks shipped.

BD

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang

BD
As a note for folks we're aware of the issue with the Race intercooler and addressing with a slight redesign. Will be no more rubbing issues (which were few and far between, but happening to be frank).

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As a note for folks we're aware of the issue with the Race intercooler and addressing with a slight redesign. Will be no more rubbing issues (which were few and far between, but happening to be frank).
The street intercooler is able to be installed with no problems, correct? Also I'm thinking of just letting a shop handle this, how long should an install like this take approximately?

Sponsored

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
The street intercooler is able to be installed with no problems, correct? Also I'm thinking of just letting a shop handle this, how long should an install like this take approximately?
2ish hours but, the shop labor will cost a fair amount more than the IC.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
2ish hours but, the shop labor will cost a fair amount more than the IC.
Might be a long shot but when I do buy the intercooler maybe I'll post asking if anyone in the area can help me with install haha

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Might be a long shot but when I do buy the intercooler maybe I'll post asking if anyone in the area can help me with install haha
Are you mechanically inclined? There are several youtube vids that show exactly how to go about the task, and you don't need anything more than standard hand tools.

I did it without pulling my bumper but your mileage may vary.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Are you mechanically inclined? There are several youtube vids that show exactly how to go about the task, and you don't need anything more than standard hand tools.

I did it without pulling my bumper but your mileage may vary.
Not really I've only had my car for a little over 1 month. Had a shop install my exhaust, the most I've done is some spacers which took me over 3 hrs lol.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If not very mechanically inclined, it would best to let an experienced shop do it.

BD
Sponsored