Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Leaking valve covers on the 2015-2017 has been reported by quite a few members here. Were the valve cover bolts under torqued at the factory, or do they loosen up with time - who knows, something that should be monitored. Since Ford came out with the TBS to mod the stock valve covers to use the other mounting holes, seems they are admitting they messed up trying to save 25 cents in valve cover bolts per engine by not using all the bolt holes in the heads. Pretty sure the Gen 3 is using all the valve cover bolt holes.

On a side note, it has also been reported by some that the starter bolts are not torqued properly. I checked mine one time when I did an oil change, and found a few that turned about 1/3 to 1/2 a turn when torqued to spec.
Funny (not funny) because both of mine were loose and caught after smoky smell and loosing a starter bolt.

I have a friend that lost multiple bolts and a track guy that lost a whole starter. Driver came in, turned it off and couldnā€™t turn it back on. Put it on the rack and presto change-oā€¦dissapearing starter.

Im sure itā€™s somewhere around Sonoma Raceway lol
Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Maybe all the ticks and rattles on these cars are actually the sounds of bolts shaking loose and falling off...

I'll have to check my starter motor.

Incidentally, when I vacuumed my car for the first time I found a trim screw on the driver's side floor. Extra? Dropped by the guy at the factory? Or the first of many to just leap out of their home?

Bluej66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT convertible, 2022 Mustang GT/CS
Not sure about the rear wing height but here is the new one in garage with the vert, if my skills work to add the pic haha

d48391ea-73b7-4fe4-8e61-2e36af6abd54-jpeg.jpg

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
MBRP Race is gone, Borla Switchfire with Borla S Type Axle Back and LTH Headers... cold start video is all I have for now.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
First snow day. I have to say, it does pretty dang well. You can't drive like a dipshit with your foot, and the rear end wants to do its own thing at times, but it's always controllable and dare I say really damn fun. Blizzaks for the win. I also got a snow joe to clean the snow off without being harsh on the paint.

20221208_021126.jpg

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
First snow day. I have to say, it does pretty dang well. You can't drive like a dipshit with your foot, and the rear end wants to do its own thing at times, but it's always controllable and dare I say really damn fun. Blizzaks for the win. I also got a snow joe to clean the snow off without being harsh on the paint.

20221208_021126.jpg
Donut season!
1670504153014.png

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
MBRP Race is gone, Borla Switchfire with Borla S Type Axle Back and LTH Headers... cold start video is all I have for now.

My 2019 came with the MBRP, went to a S type catback and preferred it. The 2021 has the switchfire and stype axle back. Sounds sooo good. I refuse to remote start it standing behind it lol, and started it once in an underground parking garage which was outstanding.

Yours sounds great.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

20221208_021126.jpg
Blizzaks are top notch. What is this snow joe you speak of? Might need to get one instead of the brush I have.

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
It is for sure growing on me over past two days, its very different from the other two exhausts I have had on my cars. I will say that is still has rasp at the 5500+ RPMS, but I can live with it. I just feel like the car really responded to the change, even shifting gears and rev matching seems more smooth. But I agree the cold starts are brutal.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
...What is this snow joe you speak of? Might need to get one instead of the brush I have.
Tip (sorry to be a smart ass): In less time it took you to make your short post, I highlighted the phrase "snow joe" in the post, right-clicked, selected "search google" and found out everything about "snow joe". šŸ˜

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Tip (sorry to be a smart ass): In less it took you to make your short post, I highlighted the phrase "snow joe" in the post, right-clicked, selected "search google" and found out everything about "snow joe". šŸ˜
Haha I tried that and all that came up were electric snow blowers. Donā€™t think I want to jam one of those in my trunk šŸ˜‚

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium

20221208_021126.jpg
As my car will be coming in Jan, I'm planning accordingly. Are these the tires you'd suggest or?
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/blizzak-ws90/235-50R18/

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Haha I tried that and all that came up were electric snow blowers. Donā€™t think I want to jam one of those in my trunk šŸ˜‚
Here's my result: snow joe
Likely referring to the cheap scraper, on amazon. Looks handy, if pricey.
Sponsored