Creepy copper

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
In general motorcyclists are very loud in local politics. They tend to stick together and lobby for their rights.

The EPA and CARB wouldn't get away with the things they do if WE stuck together.
Agreed! The same thing would apply for the crooked ass government if we would all stick together.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Um, er... At least the doctor is doing it for a legitimate reason.
Lol, that means itā€™s less of an issue than being near a cop? You didnā€™t even get pulled over and thatā€™s worse than a manā€™s finger in your buttšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
wynand32

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Lol, that means itā€™s less of an issue than being near a cop? You didnā€™t even get pulled over and thatā€™s worse than a manā€™s finger in your buttšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Freud would have a field day with your fixation here...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
We have the SAN, (SEMA Action Network). They lobby against all things ā€œanti-carā€.
They lobby. When we wanted the helmet law repealed in Ky we had over 10,000 LOUD motorcycles riding through the State capitol, regularly. Nothing like a show of force to make the critters quiver when it comes ballot time.

Ky has no noise law for motorcycles, wonder why?

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
They lobby. When we wanted the helmet law repealed in Ky we had over 10,000 LOUD motorcycles riding through the State capitol, regularly. Nothing like a show of force to make the critters quiver when it comes ballot time.

Ky has no noise law for motorcycles, wonder why?
Couldnā€™t tell ya without using conjecture and assumptions.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Freud would have a field day with your fixation here...
Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™d have a field day with the fact that being next to a cop is a worse experience for you that a rectal examā€¦

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
So, my trip to Anaheim the other night was interesting. In addition to almost getting sideswiped and appreciating my Mustang's performance, I was also close to being a victim of mistaken identity.

As we were driving back, at about 10:30pm, we were on the I-5 and a black, modded Mustang GT with a large rear spoiler went ripping past us. The guy was driving pretty aggressively and cut off a few people, and probably had been doing so for a few miles.

A couple of miles down the road, a CHP car pulls up behind me. He follows me for a mile or so and then pulls up next to me and shadows me for another mile or so. I was and had been driving at the speed limit, so no worries there. He then pulls back behind me and follows me for a couple of miles before finally pulling away and accelerating ahead. No doubt he was running my plates.

I'm fairly certain that he thought I might be the other Mustang. Mine is black with a spoiler, and so it fit the general description. I'm sure there's not much he could do without catching me in the act, but I wouldn't have been surprised to get pulled over.

Then again, he probably looked at me and my wife and thought we're probably too old and boring to have been guilty of the other guy's level of reckless driving. Which, in a weird way, makes me feel old and boring.
ppl don't get it that comes a point in getting older you'd actually prefer to be pulled over vs. left alone. ho ho! Being labeled a trouble maker has been known to increase testosterone levels.

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Where I'm from, anything in the car will get your window smashed. Dashcam, radar detective, pretty much anything else in plain sight.

Not sure why a dashcam would "work the opposite way" unless it's storing video in the cloud. I haven't looked into them in a while, but the ones I'm familiar with store video on internal memory that just goes with the dashcam when it's stolen.
I feel like so many dash cams nowadays record 24/7. When I see one, I always assume itā€™s recording even if the car is parked. Maybe cameras like that arenā€™t as common as I thought. I sure wish I had one rolling when some asshole decided to throw food on the hood of my car. šŸ˜”

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Some do 24/7 and cloud connected. That all adds $$ with external battery needed and data connection costs. I'd say most are not either.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I see a pretty easy solution here.

Just get two dash cams and use whichever one situationally based on whatā€™s best for you.
No need, most you can turn off the GPS functions by not having the gps antenna module hooked up to it, or shut off that function in the units settings.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Where I'm from, anything in the car will get your window smashed. Dashcam, radar detective, pretty much anything else in plain sight.

Not sure why a dashcam would "work the opposite way" unless it's storing video in the cloud. I haven't looked into them in a while, but the ones I'm familiar with store video on internal memory that just goes with the dashcam when it's stolen.
Have they tried to steal the oem camera dead center of the upper glass? have they smashed the side glass to try?
no. then MEH. If you install the cam so it isn't a wart you can see walking past the car without try'n. then you won't have an issue. That said, I'd like to try to 3d print a cover that makes the cam look as part of the oem rain/etc camera on glass.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Why would a dash cam tempt thieves? Wouldnā€™t it work the opposite way? This is the first time Iā€™m hearing this haha
Some don't want to pay for the cloud storage and internet connection.
I'm thinking if your parking in a 'hood that bad, I'd be more worried about coming back to find the whole car gone.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Just trying to make a funny thread title without spending a bunch of time on it. And, maybe "creepy" is the wrong word, but it was uncomfortable being checked out that way.
Once you're on the downhill side toward age 70, you don't really care about being checked out by the cops. Annoyed if you get stopped for no apparent reason, yeah, but otherwise it stopped being a big deal many years before.