N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Best bang for the buck right here. Seriously considering it.

The 2023 Corvette Z06 costs $106,395, including destination. Chevy started accepting orders in late July, and although the automaker previously said it was stopping accepting new orders through the end of 2022, a spokesman has confirmed the order process resumes in November.

The car is powered by a unique 5.5-liter V-8 that boasts a flat-plane crank design, dual overhead cams, dry-sump lubrication, and an output of 670 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, which Chevy claims to be the highest output of any production naturally aspirated V-8. The engine, which customers will be able to assemble via Chevy's Engine Build Experience program, is mated to the same 8-speed dual-clutch automatic found in the Corvette Stingray, but with a shorter 5.56 final drive ratio for improved acceleration. Performance claims include 0-60 mph acceleration in 2.6 seconds, a quarter-mile elapsed time in 10.6 seconds at 130 mph, and a top speed of 195 mph.

production-of-the-first-2023-chevrolet-corvette-z06--nov-2022_100863462_h.jpg
Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Shit Yeah! '23 Honda Civics are going $20K+

The Z06 certainly looks to be a screamer.
Before I picked up my GT350R, I wanted the Z06. Supposed to have been available last year, starting at $85K. Now hear starting at $123K, most dealers will charge ADM. So sadly we’ll beyond my means.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My son ordered a Z06 when they first started taking orders. But he is still number 3734 (I think) on the list and doesn't expect to get it until 2024. Lots of people signed up, but when they raised the payment to hold your place on the list to $10k, better than 1/2 dropped out. The price will be around $110k with a few options. In the meantime he bought a GT500 for about the same price.

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I submitted a wire to Ciacco Chevrolet the day their pre-order banks opened. The order banks opened at 11am EST, my wire processed at 11:12am EST, and in that 12 min timespan I was beat by like 1000 other people. The new Z06 is going to be impossible to actually get unless you are willing to pay insane ADM.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I submitted a wire to Ciacco Chevrolet the day their pre-order banks opened. The order banks opened at 11am EST, my wire processed at 11:12am EST, and in that 12 min timespan I was beat by like 1000 other people. The new Z06 is going to be impossible to actually get unless you are willing to pay insane ADM.
You should have paid the $10k. You'd be getting it next year. I was a few hours later and my number was like 9880. If my son decides not to take delivery on his Z06, I'll take his number.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
To what end. If the performance numbers are accurate, which I’m bett’n they are, the cars seriously quick and fast. The low end grunt isn’t really missed in these type of cars that are designed to operate at high rpms, much like the voodoo.

Wonder why they can’t squeeze more torque out of that 5.5 engine?

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Wonder why they can’t squeeze more torque out of that 5.5 engine?
Flat plane crank doesn't have the mass of a conventional crank because it doesn't need the counterweights.

You can demonstrate this yourself with some help from a friend. Tie a 20' rope to an empty paint can and have a friend spin around in circles with it. When the paint can gets moving pretty fast , step in front of it and see how much it hurts. Now, try it after filling the paint can full of gravel. You should notice the difference! That would be torque (mass x inertia).

Last edited:

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Flat plane crank doesn't have the mass of a conventional crank because it doesn't need the counterweights.

You can demonstrate this yourself with some help from a friend. Tie a 20' rope to an empty paint can and have a friend spin around in circles with it. When the paint can gets moving pretty fast , step in front of it and see how much it hurts. Now, try it after filling the paint can full of gravel. You should notice the difference! That would be torque (mass x inertia).
Wow that sounds like an explanation from my high school physics teacher when someone couldn't understand the concept of work, i.e., F X D = Work. So he said (he was polish, so imagine the accent) "well if I make a fist and exert force with my arm on your face, you will understand the work".

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Yup...Good Luck.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Wow that sounds like an explanation from my high school physics teacher when someone couldn't understand the concept of work, i.e., F X D = Work. So he said (he was polish, so imagine the accent) "well if I make a fist and exert force with my arm on your face, you will understand the work".
I was making an attempt at wry humor. It was obviously something most people would not consider trying.