Windshield Tint worth it???

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT Premium
So I live in GA and I daily my 2020 Mustang Gt. Currently I have 20% all around except windshield. I have a 7 inch bar on it that’s 20%. I do not like the fact that in daylight you can still see clearly in my car with the 20, and my dash gets hot, so I was thinking of doing 50% windshield with like a 5% bar. Would this be worth it? Or will I get into problems with cops easily? Or should I do 70? I do like the fact that in 50 you can’t see inside the car at a certain angle . But as I said I daily this car so I don’t want to catch cops attention, although I’ve seen many cars with dark windshields .
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I live in GA and I daily my 2020 Mustang Gt. Currently I have 20% all around except windshield. I have a 7 inch bar on it that’s 20%. I do not like the fact that in daylight you can still see clearly in my car with the 20, and my dash gets hot, so I was thinking of doing 50% windshield with like a 5% bar. Would this be worth it? Or will I get into problems with cops easily? Or should I do 70? I do like the fact that in 50 you can’t see inside the car at a certain angle . But as I said I daily this car so I don’t want to catch cops attention, although I’ve seen many cars with dark windshields .
I’m in Myrtle Beach so know a little about sun and heat. Doing the windshield was a must for me. Ceramic is what reduces the heat regardless of the tint percentage. I’m too old to start messing with the police so I went with 70%. No trouble at night and barely noticeable from the outside.

828F564D-6F79-4913-ADD4-0D209335D9B1.jpeg

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
35% ceramic will do nicely. My last four cars have been 5 all around/35 windshield. Never once been pulled over for tint alone. I personally think the top brow looks silly but that’s just my opinion.

Whitemare21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Have 5% all around and nothing on the windshield. Still one of my biggest regrets and it's on the list of to-do's. Car still gets pretty toasty inside with nothing on the windshield. I'd definitely go for it!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
35% ceramic will do nicely. My last four cars have been 5 all around/35 windshield. Never once been pulled over for tint alone. I personally think the top brow looks silly but that’s just my opinion.
The overall tint laws in Michigan are far more liberal than GA. Stan, talk to your tint guy to find out how far you can push.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
35% Tinted windows,
If I had it to do over again, I would not get the ceramic tint just seems blurry.
999832E1-0910-45C3-AC00-0E0C9CB513D8.jpeg

OP
OP
Stanv03

Stanv03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT Premium
The overall tint laws in Michigan are far more liberal than GA. Stan, talk to your tint guy to find out how far you can push.
GA law is 35% at most and for larger cars it’s the same but the rear whatever % you’d like and windshield nothing but a 6 in bar. And it’s my neighbor that does tints , he really chill he just does whatever his customers ask for. Fine the pictures I’ve seen online, the 50 windshield with 20 all around seems like a really good looking combo to me but as I said I do daily this car so I’m afraid I will get pulled over sooner or later and I’m insurance will go up. I’m 19 and have a clean record lol but as I said I’ve seen many other cars with dark windshields. Especially trucks, like some nice lifted trucks most have it like limo windows and dark windshield. I was thinking maybe getting it and just roll down my windows when I see a cop? To let some light in, but since I do have black interior will it still look too dark? Because I’ve seen cars online with 50/20 tints but they have the cream interior and you can still see their dash and half of their steering wheel. Do you think it’ll be the same for me or will it be darker?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Personally I would never do the entire windshield. It's a huge safety factor, especially at night. I don't even like anything below 35% on sides/rear. I like to make eye contact and want others to make eye contact with me at dangerous intersections etc.

Down South 70% on the windshield would be probably acceptable, and still have some functionality.

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Unfortunately I don't think they are more liberal in Michigan with tint..

I got pulled over a couple months ago in my Taurus specifically for tint. Apparently the front driver and passenger windows you can only have the top 4 inches of the window and no level of tint below. Rear windows anything goes.

The funny thing is, I bought the car at an auction, it was a former detective car, so still had a full interior, but it had the tint on it when I picked it up from the police department.. They didn't have much of a response when I told them that..

And after having to rip it off and have the police sign off on it, I've been leery on getting any tint on the Mustang.. lol

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Skye has 30% tint sides and back (legal in CO), 70% full windshield (illegal in CO).

Incoming daylight is one aspect to consider, but heat wise, blocking UV rays is key.

Modern ceramics block UV rays while not interfering with any electronics, car or cell.

During the day, I hardly notice any of it is there.

At night, IMO, while darker, things are not so dark they hinder visibility.

I'm glad I got it. The searing effect I used to feel when driving towards the Sun is gone.

Most installers will point out what's legal and what is not, but almost all will install whatever you ask for.

Many modern cars have 80% all-around from the factory.

If curious about visibility, ask the detailer to install a junk piece somewhere (on the car or a shop window) so you can see through it.

If you're not already aware, there's a visual effect when looking at cars and their tints. Viewing from outside, using the exact same tint, a car with a white/lighter interior will show what's perceived as a lighter tint than the one with the dark interior.

skye tint 001.png

skye tint 002.png

skye tint 000.png

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Skye has 30% tint sides and back (legal in CO), 70% full windshield (illegal in CO).

Incoming daylight is one aspect to consider, but heat wise, blocking UV rays is key.

Modern ceramics block UV rays while not interfering with any electronics, car or cell.

During the day, I hardly notice any of it is there.

At night, while darker, things are not so dark they hinder visibility.

I'm glad I got it. The searing effect I used to feel when driving towards the Sun is gone.

IMO, most installers will point out what's legal and what is not, but almost all will install whatever you ask for.

Many modern cars have 80% all-around from the factory.

skye tint 001.png

skye tint 002.png
I like that. Functional without be gansta and unsafe.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Dark window tint on the windshield is a must for me, I absolutely love it. My daily commuter isn’t as dark and I regret it so much I am probably going to bring it back and pay for it to be removed and reinstalled darker.
797D6242-9D62-4328-AA2E-3693613C4CCF.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
35% Tinted windows,
If I had it to do over again, I would not get the ceramic tint just seems blurry.
999832E1-0910-45C3-AC00-0E0C9CB513D8.jpeg
If your ceramic tint seemed blurry than you had defective tint. I have zero blur but I do get some interesting artifacts with a few pairs of my polarized sunglasses.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
GA law is 35% at most and for larger cars it’s the same but the rear whatever % you’d like and windshield nothing but a 6 in bar. And it’s my neighbor that does tints , he really chill he just does whatever his customers ask for. Fine the pictures I’ve seen online, the 50 windshield with 20 all around seems like a really good looking combo to me but as I said I do daily this car so I’m afraid I will get pulled over sooner or later and I’m insurance will go up. I’m 19 and have a clean record lol but as I said I’ve seen many other cars with dark windshields. Especially trucks, like some nice lifted trucks most have it like limo windows and dark windshield. I was thinking maybe getting it and just roll down my windows when I see a cop? To let some light in, but since I do have black interior will it still look too dark? Because I’ve seen cars online with 50/20 tints but they have the cream interior and you can still see their dash and half of their steering wheel. Do you think it’ll be the same for me or will it be darker?
Oh to be 19 and stupid again. No disrespect intended as I was a stupid 19 year old myself (51 years ago). There are two reasons for tint. Looks and solar protection. For the latter the percentage doesn't matter. For the former, well it's up to you how much risk you're willing to take. Georgia State troopers can be a pain in the ass (ask me how i know). Do you really want to give them a reason to ticket you? From an old mans point of view, be smart and stay within the law. Your pocketbook will thank you.

By the way if have dark tint on your windshield and you get into an accident at night you will be royally screwed. When the insurance company finds the tint they will refuse all claims.
Sponsored