MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm typically not a fan of green on most cars but that looks f-in hawt
It’s a color that pictures don’t do it justice. It’s a beautiful color and changes depending on the light.
Sponsored

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
ec774449b4dfba97bd6bc63c4d452d78.jpg

IMG_20220922_134457811.jpg

angry white shark turned into happy beluga
Man, the ecoboost exterior is really growing on me, more so than GT. But I will never buy a car with that interior. It needs a 'raw' trim version, gets all the excess features and electronics out. Equivalent to cira ~2011 or so, tech wise. - still keep the styling of the 2024.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Man, the ecoboost exterior is really growing on me, more so than GT. But I will never buy a car with that interior. It needs a 'raw' trim version, gets all the excess features and electronics out. Equivalent to cira ~2011 or so, tech wise. - still keep the styling of the 2024.
Yes. I wish you could order the equivalent of a 5.0 LX these days. All the good hardware, none of the fluff.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I'm typically not a fan of green on most cars but that looks f-in hawt

I'm obviously biased, but I think it's far and away the best color in their lineup right now.

I've seen a few EG Broncos in the last couple weeks (we live near both plants) and it kind of grabs your attention, subtly unique in a way that people can't put their finger on because it's an atypical green.

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I am going to reserve judgement until I see it in person. My first thought is Camaro..

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with your wine statement, well put. Except that I will add: new bottle same wine, and a little watered down. The lines on the side that make the Mustang a Mustang are gone. They did the same with the Fox body ... the ugliest Mustang ever made.
I was really dismissive at first due to the mass-deletion of body lines on the side *UNTIL* I saw a thread where users were posting profile shots in real world lighting—i.e. situations where showroom floodlights aren’t drowning out the body.

See the page of this thread: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...g-gt-front-end-comparison.156331/post-3189179

Those sides are going to look beautiful with the way they sucked up the lower flanks to create an exaggerated coke bottle effect. And it all flows really well. Just focus on the front end and the way it transitions through the doors into the rear fender; makes the rear fenders look swollen, in a good way, too.

I’m actually excited to see it in person now.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Someone posted a Mustang ad over on 7G a little while ago...

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
I was really dismissive at first due to the mass-deletion of body lines on the side *UNTIL* I saw a thread where users were posting profile shots in real world lighting—i.e. situations where showroom floodlights aren’t drowning out the body.

See the page of this thread: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...g-gt-front-end-comparison.156331/post-3189179

Those sides are going to look beautiful with the way they sucked up the lower flanks to create an exaggerated coke bottle effect. And it all flows really well. Just focus on the front end and the way it transitions through the doors into the rear fender; makes the rear fenders look swollen, in a good way, too.

I’m actually excited to see it in person now.
I agree that it is a nice looking car and maybe my post wasn't clear. Exterior-wise I think it is a rather 'striking' car with nice lines, just not 'Mustang' lines IMO. The front end does seem to extend further forward/outward from the front wheel arch, one body distinction that I am not sure I like.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
Someone posted a Mustang ad over on 7G a little while ago...

i threw up in my mouth when i saw the shots of the interior. complete dealbreaker for me. not sure what they were thinking slapping those ugly screens there but it was a very poor choice.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i threw up in my mouth when i saw the shots of the interior. complete dealbreaker for me. not sure what they were thinking slapping those ugly screens there but it was a very poor choice.
Obviously, they were thinking that digital instrument clusters are quickly becoming widespread and accepted in new cars, especially among younger buyers, and they're making a new car that they hope younger buyers will purchase.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Obviously, they were thinking that digital instrument clusters are quickly becoming widespread and accepted in new cars, especially among younger buyers, and they're making a new car that they hope younger buyers will purchase.
Its not even about younger buyers. High end mercedes which old people buy are also going all screens and everything else. People forget Ford is in the business to make money and the vast majority of people who buy mustangs just want a cool fun car. The screens will be a success.

RedBased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Base
Its not even about younger buyers. High end mercedes which old people buy are also going all screens and everything else. People forget Ford is in the business to make money and the vast majority of people who buy mustangs just want a cool fun car. The screens will be a success.
Who is Ford trying to sell to? GTs cost too much for most people in their 20s. The middle aged guys I know who like Mustangs end up buying pickups because of the utility.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Who is Ford trying to sell to? GTs cost too much for most people in their 20s. The middle aged guys I know who like Mustangs end up buying pickups because of the utility.
Whatever the current demographic is will be the same people buying the next generation. Just because you add new screens to the interior doesn't mean buyers go away. And if you don`t like big screens in your interior. You can buy older cars.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Except younger buyers cannot afford it.

High end mercedes which old people buy are also going all screens and everything else.
And they look hideous in an old man's Mercedes as well.
I've been driven in an S-class where the entire dashboard, from one end to the other, was just a giant screen. It was giving me nausea even as a passenger, sitting in the rear. I don't even want to imagine having to see it every day as a driver. It felt like a discoteque on wheels. 🤮

Of course it will sell. There are even worse and/or uglier things in the world which sell like hot cakes. Besides, people who want a new Mustang won't have a choice; it's gonna be fugly screens or nothing. Many will decide they can live with the screen if that's the only option, like one can get used to living with arthritis.

Last edited:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“While we find that millennials are altering life-choices that affect vehicle ownership, the net effect of these endogenous choices is to reduce vehicle ownership by less than 1%,”

If it were true that building Mustsngs to sell to buyers under forty was bad business strategy, the smart move would be to stop making them - not to mention that Mustang6g would look a lot different.:cwl:

It's been a long time since the tastes of Boomers have driven the consumer economy. Well, except maybe for walk-in tubs.
Sponsored