Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My own experience with my exhaust is I am getting a lot more burbles and pops when the car is in sport, track or dragstrip mode. I don't even have active exhaust. I do have the Ford Performance by Borla exhaust.
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My own experience with my exhaust is I am getting a lot more burbles and pops when the car is in sport, track or dragstrip mode. I don't even have active exhaust. I do have the Ford Performance by Borla exhaust.
I would agree with that, even in normal too.

GoldenWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Golden
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hi Everyone,
I had the installation of a FORD PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION W/ COLD AIR INTAKE & THROTTLE BODY Part Number: M-9603-M8B by a Ford dealership.

I wanted to keep the warranty of my Mustang GT 2021 while adding low end torque.
First thing Driving the car off the shop after the tune makes me feel that the care is sluggish and heavy with a weird throttle response not even able to tack off at green lights..
1f625.png

Second I am now having error message P26FE and the following messages:
"Pre-Collision Assist Not Available"
"Driving Mode selection Not Available"
"Exhaust Mode selection Not Available"

My car is stock and had no problem prior the installation and tune.

Anyone has experience this!? Does it go away with driving cycles!?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I filled the tank with Costco 91 gas back a few months ago. Ever since I have been hearing knock or pinging around 1500rpm and a little higher. I ran the tank down to 1/2 and filled it with Petro Canada 94 (10% ethanol) the knock was still there. I repeated that again tonight. Down half a tank so I added more of the good 94. I couldn't hear the knock but I had my Procal4 connected and did some data logging. My car still has a very pronounced diesel noise at idle that Ford says is "normal". Now I'm not sure what to make of this... the knock sensors are going crazy. This video I recorded after a long drive on 94 octane. Pulled into my driveway and revved it a few times:

I have a data log in the Procal4 and it shows the knock sensors hitting counts of up to 125 at a few points. Sitting at idle hitting 17 or so. Yet, I can't make out any knocking while I was driving. Timing is all over the place too from 30 to -11. This can't be right, right? False knock? Anyone care to connect the Procal and look at their knock sensor gauges for me?

I will have to make a graph with excel. Procal on the PC would not show a graph.
Something isn't right for sure. Would be worth the hassle of going back to stock and seeing if it stops.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi Everyone,
I had the installation of a FORD PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION W/ COLD AIR INTAKE & THROTTLE BODY Part Number: M-9603-M8B by a Ford dealership.

I wanted to keep the warranty of my Mustang GT 2021 while adding low end torque.
First thing Driving the car off the shop after the tune makes me feel that the care is sluggish and heavy with a weird throttle response not even able to tack off at green lights..
1f625.png

Second I am now having error message P26FE and the following messages:
"Pre-Collision Assist Not Available"
"Driving Mode selection Not Available"
"Exhaust Mode selection Not Available"

My car is stock and had no problem prior the installation and tune.

Anyone has experience this!? Does it go away with driving cycles!?
It sounds like the new tune was not loaded correctly, or more likely not at all.

Sponsored

GoldenWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Golden
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
It sounds like the new tune was not loaded correctly, or more likely not at all.
You might be 100%.. I just received this email from FP.
I got in touch with the shop and waiting on them to confirm.

I drove the car for 1 day (all road type) without the tune installed, do you think this would affect negatively the car?

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 10.36.41.png

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I doubt it.
I would definitely baby it if you're going to drive it back to the shop.

Personally, I think the shop should have it brought back to them on a flatbed.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

I drove the car for 1 day (all road type) without the tune installed, do you think this would affect negatively the car?

Oh the incompetency. How can they screw up so bad? Installing the tune is the easy part!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Something isn't right for sure. Would be worth the hassle of going back to stock and seeing if it stops.
I got bad gas from Costco and it wasn't from eating one of their hot-dogs. Don't use Costco gas if you have this tune.

Adding 94 octane from a better gas station has all but eliminated the audible pinging at 1500rpm. The KnkSen1 and 2 counts are the raw data from the knock sensors. I did some data logs and it looks better now.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Oh the incompetency. How can they screw up so bad? Installing the tune is the easy part!
I totally can believe them failing to install it correctly. There are so many dealerships out there and a lot of them probably have little to no experience installing certain stuff.

I just read a thread about a dealership screwing up a oil change. If that can happen you better believe this kind of stuff can also happen.

Sponsored

GoldenWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Golden
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I doubt it.
I would definitely baby it if you're going to drive it back to the shop.

Personally, I think the shop should have it brought back to them on a flatbed.
Ok thank you, I didn't go hard on it.. Still I hope that extra air did not affect anything.

Trust me as soon as I saw those alarms popping up and the way the car was driving... I took it back.
They asked me to take it home since they needed another day for testing but I argue that I wanted a Ford rental and that the car will stay there as long it will take for them to figure this out. So glad the car is under warranty and so I the pack.. Will keep you posted.

GoldenWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Golden
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
FYI to the question was it possibly a bad tune and should I be considering uploading the most up to date tune this is the reply from FP ;)

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 12.31.05.png

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
FYI to the question was it possibly a bad tune and should I be considering uploading the most up to date tune this is the reply from FP ;)

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 12.31.05.png
If your dealer had RTFM from the start, you would be out ripping around in your car right now instead of a rental. Glad you told them to keep it until it's fixed.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Holy Shit!!! I don't think it caused any damage but the incompetency is staggering.

GoldenWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Golden
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
If your dealer had RTFM from the start, you would be out ripping around in your car right now instead of a rental. Glad you told them to keep it until it's fixed.
True, the rental is paid for by Ford so I m enjoying the extra room for Costco shopping haha.
They told me this time they followed the Calibration instal guide step by step and it seems to have fixed all the issue.. From his words "Wow the car drives amazingly and shifts so well now.."
Glad they got to enjoy the upgrade before I did hahaha

I should be picking up the car tomorrow let's hope this is behind us..
Sponsored