• ‘71 Hemi Cuda

• ‘21 GT350

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't buy a used car right now unless for some reason that used car was down in price relative to 2020. I'd love to buy a low miles 2017 grabber blue GT350 if I was going to buy a used car, but like I said, values are askew right now.

If I had $100k right now left over from a huge sum to splurge, I'd probably do a loong European vacation and spend some time on the Nurburgring, Spa, etc. or spend it at various tracks in the US.

Edit: I own and have driven a 60s/70s domestic 2 door "sporty" vehicle and I would NOT own anything from that era that is collectible. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. They don't drive that well, you can barely drive them due to insurance issues and upkeep is not easy or cheap. IMO it would be more of an annoyance/chore than a pleasure to own one.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Eh… screw the car list, I want to know how I can get on the list to get a $100k “here ya go”….

😁

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Eh… screw the car list, I want to know how I can get on the list to get a $100k “here ya go”….

😁
That list involves more than it’s worth sometimes 😂😂

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That list involves more than it’s worth sometimes 😂😂
Ok, I’ll play…. your list is too short, but I get it, those are YOUR narrowed likes. 67 GT350 is nice, but all in all, it’s still an old classic car that will get the oogle eyes from by standers at car show meets… as will the Cuda…

Out of that narrow list, i would change your GT350 option to a GT350 Heritage OR a GT350R. Personally, I’d go for the GT350R. Reason being it’s modern enough where it has all the safety features, it’s more limited in production figures per year built than the S550 GT350, they are already increasing in value being a modern day Shelby “collectible” and it’s still going to get the looks when out and about.

The thing with ANY Classic Shelby is, if you’re going to go for one, make certain you do your research AND if you’re totally serious, make sure it’s IN THE SHELBY REGISTRY and that it has a full Marti Report…. Hit up VMF and ask the pertinent questions there about any Classic Shelby you’re viewing before plunking down any deposits or attempt to buy one. The reason I say this is, it’s very easy for any Classic Shelby to be faked today - the only “VIN research” for any Classic Shelby IS the Shelby Registry. If you come across one for sale and it’s not registered there, question it..

—-

Now if you’re talking Shelby Cobra Kit cars (and the GT40), if you want HIGH QUALITY and something that will knock peoples socks off... Here ya go…. These (2) Companies are the best at what they do, and there’s really nothing in comparison to their kits. Yes, Factory Five has great kits no doubt and I like their kits too…. but as far as detailed, high quality and excellent design aesthetics to the real deal…. FF can’t touch these…

https://www.iccars.net/

https://www.superformance.com/factory <—- This is the ONLY Cobra Kit car company that was and is “Authorized, Endorsed and Licensed by Shelby Licensing. As Stated by Carrol Shelby himself” (per their website).

Now - your list vs the above choices in Kit cars, I’d toss your list and go with a Kit car from ICCARS or Superformance…. You’ll get more folks hanging around those at ANY Cars-n-Coffee or Car Show events than any modern day Muscle Car or Classic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Ok, I’ll play…. your list is too short, but I get it, those are YOUR narrowed likes. 67 GT350 is nice, but all in all, it’s still an old classic car that will get the oogle eyes from by standers at car show meets… as will the Cuda…

Out of that narrow list, i would change your GT350 option to a GT350 Heritage OR a GT350R. Personally, I’d go for the GT350R. Reason being it’s modern enough where it has all the safety features, it’s more limited in production figures per year built than the S550 GT350, they are already increasing in value being a modern day Shelby “collectible” and it’s still going to get the looks when out and about.

The thing with ANY Classic Shelby is, if you’re going to go for one, make certain you do your research AND if you’re totally serious, make sure it’s IN THE SHELBY REGISTRY and that it has a full Marti Report…. Hit up VMF and ask the pertinent questions there about any Classic Shelby you’re viewing before plunking down any deposits or attempt to buy one. The reason I say this is, it’s very easy for any Classic Shelby to be faked today - the only “VIN research” for any Classic Shelby IS the Shelby Registry. If you come across one for sale and it’s not registered there, question it..

—-

Now if you’re talking Shelby Cobra Kit cars (and the GT40), if you want HIGH QUALITY and something that will knock peoples socks off..l. Here ya go…. These (2) Companies are the best at what they do, and there’s really nothing in comparison to their kits. Yes, Factory Five has great lists no doubt and I like their kits too…. but as far as detailed, high quality and excellent design aesthetics to the real deal…. FF can’t touch these…

https://www.superformance.com/factory <—- This is the ONLY Cobra Kit car company that was and is “Authorized, Endorsed and Licensed by Shelby Licensing. As Stated by Carrol Shelby himself” (per their website).

Now - your list vs the above choices in Kit cars, I’d toss your list and go with a Kit car from ICCARS or Superformance…. You’ll get more folks hanging around those at ANY Cars-n-Coffee or Car Show events than any modern day Muscle Car or Classic.
I’ve always been too poor to know about the Shelby registry, or anything else along those lines, that’s great info.

Why can’t I find the price list for ICCARS, their stuff looks amazing but I feel like it’s beyond my $100k limit…

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP

—-

Now if you’re talking Shelby Cobra Kit cars (and the GT40), if you want HIGH QUALITY and something that will knock peoples socks off..l. Here ya go…. These (2) Companies are the best at what they do, and there’s really nothing in comparison to their kits. Yes, Factory Five has great lists no doubt and I like their kits too…. but as far as detailed, high quality and excellent design aesthetics to the real deal…. FF can’t touch these…

I couldn’t care less about what people think or if they look or not at my car(s)
The most important for me is the driving pleasure and with my taste it is handling and enough horsepower to throttle steer the car
Frankly the 67 350 is a piece of crap. No handling, no power and except for some fiberglass pieces, 100% a Mustang
65/66 Shelby… now we can talk
Anyhow, for me a Porsche, even more so a mid engine Cayman over a 911, check all the marks

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I couldn’t care less about what people think or if they look or not at my car(s)
The most important for me is the driving pleasure and with my taste it is handling and enough horsepower to throttle steer the car
Frankly the 67 350 is a piece of crap. No handling, no power and except for some fiberglass pieces, 100% a Mustang
65/66 Shelby… now we can talk
Anyhow, for me a Porsche, even more so a mid engine Cayman over a 911, check all the marks
I don’t agree at all that the 67 GT350 is a piece of crap by any stretch of the imagination. However, that’s a discussion for later. The 911s are amazing but they are (other than the cheap ones) above my price range. Say I want a GT3, it’s double. Idk enough about the Porsche’s so idk what model 911 is what…? Is there a grocery getting one vs a stripped down racer (other than GT3)? Again… price range

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i would build my own car. Pick out any car you like buy it as cheap as you can and dump $70,000 into it

If you buy one of the older cars you're gonna have to do this cause it's gonna drive like ass. If you don't plan on modifying the car I would go with the GT 350 it is the only one on the list that is going to drive worth a crap

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve always been too poor to know about the Shelby registry, or anything else along those lines, that’s great info.

Why can’t I find the price list for ICCARS, their stuff looks amazing but I feel like it’s beyond my $100k limit…
Here ya go -

SAAC's forum - there's ton of info here about any original and true Shelby. It's an excellent reference resource and it's more geared towards the classics than modern day, but there's everything from the Cobra through to the GT350/500/R series.
https://www.saacforum.com/

Shelby Registry info: http://www.saac.com/registries.html
https://saac.wildapricot.org/

VMF if you're looking for any Classic Mustang info including Shelby's, best site online:
https://www.vintage-mustang.com/forums/

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
i would build my own car. Pick out any car you like buy it as cheap as you can and dump $70,000 into it

If you buy one of the older cars you're gonna have to do this cause it's gonna drive like ass. If you don't plan on modifying the car I would go with the GT 350 it is the only one on the list that is going to drive worth a crap
Question on this… my dad has a ‘69 Charger. If I get one of those kits to drop in a modern hellcat engine, does it now have to be smogged and all that stupid shit cause the engine is new, or does that not apply cause the car is still pre-smog?

I could easily spend near 100k on getting that thing updated and fucking mint

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
THIS.

Odd list. But of the three, it would be Hemi Cuda all the way for me.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
my choice would be a downpayment on a superformance GT40

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
my choice would be a downpayment on a superformance GT40
From the looks of it I’m $40k-$140k shy of the price of one of those. Not to mention I would be terrified to drive it and even if I got the fortitude to leave my garage, where would I go with it? I certainly couldn’t go to the gym or movies or anything… I’m scared just thinking about it

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
From the looks of it I’m $40k-$140k shy of the price of one of those. Not to mention I would be terrified to drive it and even if I got the fortitude to leave my garage, where would I go with it? I certainly couldn’t go to the gym or movies or anything… I’m scared just thinking about it
So?? :beer: :beer: :beer:

😁

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.
An SUV…?
Not just an SUV. 600HP stock, all wheel drive. Just my thought. I absolutely enjoy mine and it's on the lower end because I'm just learning about them lol.
Sponsored