KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Nothing is going to turn on G-14/70 Polyglass tires
Tires are the biggest change in the last few decades.

Even the POS Pirelli tires that came on the 2011-2014 Track Pack cars have been massively out-performed by the Michelins on the 2015-2020 cars.
Sponsored

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack
Porsche 911 Turbo. I may even consider an older one say 2009 to 2012. Still a formidable and customizable potential Gran Tourer / Track weapon rolled into one

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Porsche 911 Turbo. I may even consider an older one say 2009 to 2012. Still a formidable and customizable potential Gran Tourer / Track weapon rolled into one
yep. some really nice 996's for 70-80K, too.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I was supporting this choice as well, but I think I'll downgrade it to the previous GT4. You can almost certainly get the 981.1 GT4 (2016) for under $100K right now at least, and that will have like 97% of the performance, and sound slightly better.

OP is willing to look at used cars, so I'd think that option is very much on the table, at least hypothetically. Seems like he's prob only going to consider V8 domestic, heh.
Take either gen GT4 and do this https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a34702957/deman-motorsport-porsche-cayman-gt4-45-liter/

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
1967 Mustang or a 1969 Camaro SS, either car in pristine condition.

Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Ok, I’ll play…. your list is too short, but I get it, those are YOUR narrowed likes. 67 GT350 is nice, but all in all, it’s still an old classic car that will get the oogle eyes from by standers at car show meets… as will the Cuda…

Out of that narrow list, i would change your GT350 option to a GT350 Heritage OR a GT350R. Personally, I’d go for the GT350R. Reason being it’s modern enough where it has all the safety features, it’s more limited in production figures per year built than the S550 GT350, they are already increasing in value being a modern day Shelby “collectible” and it’s still going to get the looks when out and about.

The thing with ANY Classic Shelby is, if you’re going to go for one, make certain you do your research AND if you’re totally serious, make sure it’s IN THE SHELBY REGISTRY and that it has a full Marti Report…. Hit up VMF and ask the pertinent questions there about any Classic Shelby you’re viewing before plunking down any deposits or attempt to buy one. The reason I say this is, it’s very easy for any Classic Shelby to be faked today - the only “VIN research” for any Classic Shelby IS the Shelby Registry. If you come across one for sale and it’s not registered there, question it..

—-

Now if you’re talking Shelby Cobra Kit cars (and the GT40), if you want HIGH QUALITY and something that will knock peoples socks off... Here ya go…. These (2) Companies are the best at what they do, and there’s really nothing in comparison to their kits. Yes, Factory Five has great kits no doubt and I like their kits too…. but as far as detailed, high quality and excellent design aesthetics to the real deal…. FF can’t touch these…

https://www.iccars.net/

https://www.superformance.com/factory <—- This is the ONLY Cobra Kit car company that was and is “Authorized, Endorsed and Licensed by Shelby Licensing. As Stated by Carrol Shelby himself” (per their website).

Now - your list vs the above choices in Kit cars, I’d toss your list and go with a Kit car from ICCARS or Superformance…. You’ll get more folks hanging around those at ANY Cars-n-Coffee or Car Show events than any modern day Muscle Car or Classic.
Superformance are nice, never heard of iccars, and would disagree with these 2 being the best. Top of the heap in "kit" cars (imho) is:
https://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/#permalink
Absolutely stunning, bodies are made in an old mig factory, why? Because the guys working there are aluminum magicians. Cars are finished in Provo, Utah. You may be able to finish one just under @ 100K, depends on what you do with the engine. While these cars are brutally quick, I could not imagine throwing these things around at 10/10 of their potential, they have a paper clip for a roll bar, and the front fenders are what keep you from flat skidding on your helmet should you become inverted, that windshield will do nothing. Anyhow...

1660169284889.jpeg

one more

1660169818297.jpeg

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Like Tim Allen said.. I would keep a GT350R in my pocket..
Go to 16 minutes into this video..

Sponsored