Sponsored

Roush Phase 2 (installed by Ford) or Whipple Stage 2 (Installed by shop) on my 2021 GT Premium?

Which kit should I get?

• Total voters

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I would love to know how you would make her understand. I went ahead and have Steeda install a supercharger and other frame gadgets as we speak, should be ready tomorrow. All my GF did was giggle. When I pick her up on Saturday she will be in for a surprise. :crackup: :devil:
Typically I plant the seed of a big expense well in advance, then continue to say it multiple times throughout the next few months (in this case two years šŸ˜‚) so she canā€™t say she didnā€™t know it was gonna happen. Then I get her some new shoes or something to soften the blow.
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
If I had to do it all over again and was going to to go with a PD blower againā€¦ I would go Whipple. Unless you are getting full warranty and want to not doing anything else but just the kit itself then you should consider the Roush. HP is addictive so!

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My Mercedes was turbo. So I thought I would try something different. The Roush one is installed by Ford and so it comes with that 3-year 36,000 mile warranty. The dealership will install it for me so they cover anything that may blow up due to their installation.

I've heard good things about Whipple as well however the shop locally here said that it could be a 10-week wait and also it's a fair bit more in cost by about $1,500. Whipple is great if you're going to start pushing the limits but I'm not looking to go to the drag strip and be the king of the hill.
It sounds like you've kinda answered your own question. I myself would choose the Whipple, but I think in your case, the Roush will be the better option all things considered. Those numbers you've posted seem very high to me though. Must be some upgrades involved. You're probably going to need to upgrade to a stickier tire at the very least no matter which you choose.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
It sounds like you've kinda answered your own question. I myself would choose the Whipple, but I think in your case, the Roush will be the better option all things considered. Those numbers you've posted seem very high to me though. Must be some upgrades involved. You're probably going to need to upgrade to a stickier tire at the very least no matter which you choose.
Yeah, the numbers are high but remember it's the exchange rate against the USD.

I was wondering about tires. I like the Nitto's so far but they do spin a bit when I really send it for the first couple of gears. If I go with Da Silva Racing I may ask Ross what tires they recommend for the Steeda staggered setup that I'm running.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
A local Ford dealer indicates they will too.
Local to you or me? I have reached out to 3 Ford Dealerships. 2 got back to me with pricing but it was for the Roush kit.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Local to you or me? I have reached out to 3 Ford Dealerships. 2 got back to me with pricing but it was for the Roush kit.
Sorry - local to me in NJ

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I would like to know as well and in same situation as the OP.

Ive seen some videos and the car seems undrivable with a SC... like on-off switch with full power that only comes at high revs, first, second and third and you hit the limiter each time tires spinning getting ready to hit a crowd.

Looking for something that has some grunt down low and works well part throttle for fun city driving, for me burning trough all the gears hitting the rev limiter, spinning the tires and making a racket only makes you look... while the Tesla you were racing is 20 car lengths in front of you quietly with no drama.

I believe the OP and I are in the same page, so whats better for a bit more power and drama free driving?

Thanks
JC
you got it all backwards šŸ˜„ . with a supercharger, there is a minimal lag and it goes from low revs if you step on it. if you drive it like a normal car, you wouldn't even know that it's boosted. it's very progressive. what you describe is more applicable to big turbos. fast tesla will beat you on the street regardless šŸ¤£. a lot in mustang is about drama and noise and that's what makes it fun.

@MCS , you will likely want to send your rear nittos G2 to garbage soon after you install a SC. a lot of people run nittos 555R2, which are drag radial tires that still maintain good daily drivability. but they wear very fast. I found out that Firestones indy 500's work fine for non-DR tires.

as far as roush vs whipple, whipple seems to be a better engineered SC option and would have better performance, but roush gives you great tune and the reason they give you such a good warranty is because their tune is very conservative/safe. it will remain such even after warranty is over.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Would Ford install the Whipple for you? Granger does it. A local Ford dealer indicates they will too.
Not positive, but would the warranty come with the Whipple kit? I remember a few years back a shop discounted the Whipple kit. The name of the dealership escapes me at the moment.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@MCS , you will likely want to send your rear nittos G2 to garbage soon after you install a SC. a lot of people run nittos 555R2, which are drag radial tires that still maintain good daily drivability. but they wear very fast. I found out that Firestones indy 500's work fine for non-DR tires.
Yeah I'm looking at options for my Steeda rims. I run like 305/35R19 in the back 275/35R19 front

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yeah I'm looking at options for my Steeda rims. I run like 305/35R19 in the back 275/35R19 front
555R2 are available in that same size - 305/35/19.
Btw, are yours G2 or R2 in the rear?

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
555R2 are available in that same size - 305/35/19.
Btw, are yours G2 or R2 in the rear?
Nitto NT555 G2 275/35zR19 100W Ɨ 2
Nitto NT555 G2 305/35ZR19 99W Ɨ 2

Right from the invoice LOL

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
So I have a whipple on my 2014. The whipple tune sucked. Got it tuned by a well known tuner on 91 @636 to the wheel along with an e85 tune pushing 707 to the wheel. Whipple offers a warranty for an extra $500. Same 3yr 36k from in service date as others.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Well, there you go then šŸ˜„
So get the R2 for the rears?

So I have a whipple on my 2014. The whipple tune sucked. Got it tuned by a well known tuner on 91 @636 to the wheel along with an e85 tune pushing 707 to the wheel. Whipple offers a warranty for an extra $500. Same 3yr 36k from in service date as others.
This I did not know. I have no plans for E85
Sponsored