Sponsored

Atlas Blue or Grabber Blue to replace my 2020 Velocity Blue mustang?

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I purchased a 2020 velocity blue mustang not long ago from Ford. Certified pre-owned. It has had ongoing issues with the transmission and now Ford is buying the vehicle back from me. I ordered a new mustang, a 2022 in Grabber Blue, not knowing Atlas Blue was an option. I'm now second-guessing my decision because based on the few photos I've seen, Atlas Blue is much closer to Velocity Blue than Grabber Blue is. Velocity Blue is my absolute favorite color and I'd keep that color if I could. I'd like to know if anyone has pictures of the atlas blue next to velocity blue so I can see the color difference, and also I could use some opinions on which color to go with. It'll have the black accent package with it.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
grabber is like sky-blue, a healthy amount of white in the pigment. Atlas is like like Velocity darkened with some royal blue to make a rich, darker hue. I much prefer Atlas over Grabber.

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
grabber is like sky-blue, a healthy amount of white in the pigment. Atlas is like like Velocity darkened with some royal blue to make a rich, darker hue. I much prefer Atlas over Grabber.
I'm torn because after looking at the video posted above, I feel like Atlas looks like every other blue car on the road (which is what I *don't* want haha), but the pictures of Grabber remind me of Cookie Monster. Atlas looks more expensive while Grabber is much flashier. This decision is impossible lmao

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm torn because after looking at the video posted above, I feel like Atlas looks like every other blue car on the road (which is what I *don't* want haha), but the pictures of Grabber give me Cookie Monster vibes. Atlas looks more expensive while Grabber is much flashier. This decision is impossible
go find a grabber Bronco to eyeball if you can't find a Mustang. Even though it's "metalic" this time around it still looks mostly non-metalic to me unless you get the light, just so.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I would go Grabber all day long but, honestly you might prefer Atlas.

Thank you for this video! I can see Atlas is definitely darker. It doesn't strike me as a special color though, unless it looks better in person?

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
go find a grabber Bronco to eyeball if you can't find a Mustang. Even though it's "metalic" this time around it still looks mostly non-metalic to me unless you get the light, just so.
I'm in NJ, I've had no luck finding any Grabber mustangs or broncos around here. It's so hard to gauge colors online

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Grabber blue really "pops." A buddy used to have one and it gets noticed for sure. For me it would depend on what else I planned to do cosmetically. With grabber blue I would only do black accents but with atlas blue I might consider other options with wheels (gunmetal, bronze, or silver), and stripes (gray, silver, or white).

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
I'm in NJ, I've had no luck finding any Grabber mustangs or broncos around here. It's so hard to gauge colors online
Bronco doesn't come in grabber.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Atlas is pretty. grabber is too bright for me.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Grabber blue is painful for me to look at. I like it, but I canā€™t look at it for too long.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
That was/is the beauty of Velocity Blue. Itā€˜s not a super ā€œlook at meā€ color but people are drawn to it as it is so beautiful.
That's exactly my take on VB too. I like Grabber Blue on S197's more perhaps because that's when I first saw it. Grabber Blue is a colour I like when I see it but I don't know if it's one I would want to see every day but I do lean to more conservative looks too.

To the OP yeah tough choice as you know you already had the perfect colour :)
Sponsored