Sponsored

Atlas Blue or Grabber Blue to replace my 2020 Velocity Blue mustang?

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I honestly am not a huge fan of the bright blue myself, however, being as the grabber blue on the 22's is metallic I would opt for that over atlas. The metal flake will make the paint pop a little more and just look better in general than atlas, unless atlas also has metal flake that I'm unaware of.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I'm torn because after looking at the video posted above, I feel like Atlas looks like every other blue car on the road (which is what I *don't* want haha), but the pictures of Grabber remind me of Cookie Monster. Atlas looks more expensive while Grabber is much flashier. This decision is impossible lmao
Grabber looks cool with red or orange stripes. It's no wallflower but it's got that gulf retro race thing going on.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I purchased a 2020 velocity blue mustang not long ago from Ford. Certified pre-owned. It has had ongoing issues with the transmission and now Ford is buying the vehicle back from me. I ordered a new mustang, a 2022 in Grabber Blue, not knowing Atlas Blue was an option. I'm now second-guessing my decision because based on the few photos I've seen, Atlas Blue is much closer to Velocity Blue than Grabber Blue is. Velocity Blue is my absolute favorite color and I'd keep that color if I could. I'd like to know if anyone has pictures of the atlas blue next to velocity blue so I can see the color difference, and also I could use some opinions on which color to go with. It'll have the black accent package with it.
I have to go with grabber blue. Looks killer and Ford seems to love to offer it on their Ford Performance line of cars!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
For me, Grabber Blue is an iconic Mustang color. (Thinking about those 70 Boss 429s that are every Mustang fan's holy grail.) Because of that, it's hard for me to think that's a bad choice, especially when it's got the black accents to go with it. I actually just saw an Atlas Blue mustang in person for the first time over the weekend and I was surprised at how much it reminded me of Lightning Blue. Now, compared to Lightning Blue I feel like it's missing something (I can't quite pinpoint it though; if I saw them side-by-side I might). But, Atlas Blue looks to be a lot closer to Lightning Blue than Velocity Blue in my eyes.

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here's a closeup of Atlas Blue on my Explorer. Pictures and videos have a hard time showing how much the flake can make it "pop" in sunlight.
1656429481649.png

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Atlas, Grabber is too light and powder-puffy for my tastes. But do what your heart tells you! :fistbump:

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Grabber Blue metallic over the flat Grabber Blue but Atlas gets my vote.