Sponsored

Atlas Blue or Grabber Blue to replace my 2020 Velocity Blue mustang?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m actually not a huge blue fan, I prefer bright colors like grabber lime, grabber yellow, twister orange, triple yellow, etc. However, when I saw Ford was bringing back grabber blue for this year, that was the color I had to have when I placed my order.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
For me, I require some metal flake in my paint on cars. I feel any shiny paint without it is like nail polish. With the metal flake, the color changes based on the angle to the sun which I love.

That would make me lean towards the Atlas Blue.

I also think there is more market interest in a darker car and the grabber Blue will have a smaller market in case resale might be in the cards.

IMHO. yours may differ.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
It sure does pop!

Hate to be a PITA again but could I ask about the wheels and which spoiler that is?
They are the PP1 wheels, I believe they are 19x9 front and 19x9.5 rear. Same for the spoiler, the one that comes with PP1.

IMG_0196.JPG

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Just a little over 500 with newly installed cold air with tune. At the time I got it the EPA had not certified the 2022 superchargers. You can get them now but I will wait and get one next spring. Very happy with it. No complaints here. Only 15 are being made and I think only 3 are not spoken for. I got lucky and got number 1.
What is it exactly that they are only making 15 of? Roush 2022s, or Atlas Blue Roush with tan interior? It's one of the nicer Roush cars I've seen.

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
What is it exactly that they are only making 15 of? Roush 2022s, or Atlas Blue Roush with tan interior? It's one of the nicer Roush cars I've seen.
Trak Pak Roushs, they don't know if or when they will make Roush stage 3's. Parts and commodity issues I was told. Out of the 15 mine was the only Atlas Blue with the active wing. They ran out of actuators for the other cars so they just got the standard spoiler. The other 14 were Oxford White, grabber blue, 1 red and I think only 1 gray metallic.

Sponsored

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I'm torn because after looking at the video posted above, I feel like Atlas looks like every other blue car on the road (which is what I *don't* want haha), but the pictures of Grabber remind me of Cookie Monster. Atlas looks more expensive while Grabber is much flashier. This decision is impossible lmao
I am really glad no one is making me replace my Velocity Blue 21 because I'd be disappointed. I didn't order DIB in 2015 because it was too purple. Lightning Blue was a little boring. Atlas isn't terrible, but it's a little darker than I'd like. That said, I'd take it over Grabber every day. Grabber is too cartoonish for me. I know many like it; I am just not in that camp. It looks like a race car and that's not what I want to drive.

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
It depends on the car. I don’t kno if it’s just me, but some cars of the same color do very in shade/metallic content to my eyes. This is especially noticeable with velocity blue and grabber/twister orange. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

VooDeeZy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Grabber blue is a polarizing, love it or hate it color. I'm on the love it side, as I wouldn't have any other color for my mach 1. Shark blue Porsche, yas marina blue bmw, boost blue civic type r. Hell even that rav4 blue looks awesome to me.