Sponsored

Piecing together procharger setup

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Not true. They don’t have to get it from you. Stop lying. It does have to be a complete kit with the tune but not from you
Sorry man, but....since there is no way to "transfer" the tune, and ProCharger doesn't send out the tune more than once. The only way its 100% actually CARB legal is if its a new purchase, with the original file, and sticker for it.

I literally deal with the CARB every single week. So even though folks do things that the "think" is legal, that doesn't mean it actually is.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Sorry man, but....since there is no way to "transfer" the tune, and ProCharger doesn't send out the tune more than once. The only way its 100% actually CARB legal is if its a new purchase, with the original file, and sticker for it.

I literally deal with the CARB every single week. So even though folks do things that the "think" is legal, that doesn't mean it actually is.
If someone purchased a complete kit used they would be fine.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
If someone purchased a complete kit used they would be fine.
The kit EO is based on the tune from Procharger. If they buy used and can’t obtain the CARB tune from Procharger the sticker is not valid.
Not saying you couldn’t tune it to make it pass, but it’s outside the scope of the EO.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The kit EO is based on the tune from Procharger. If they buy used and can’t obtain the CARB tune from Procharger the sticker is not valid.
Not saying you couldn’t tune it to make it pass, but it’s outside the scope of the EO.
I’m talking about a complete kit including the tune

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I’m talking about a complete kit including the tune
The tune is non-transferable. It is emailed to the customer when they purchase the kit. The tune is specific to a specific vehicle and will not work on another vehicle. Procharger will not send a secondhand owner of the kit a copy of the tune. Therefore, you can’t properly use the carb sticker.
Like they said, it has to be purchased new in order to be compliant.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
The tune is non-transferable. It is emailed to the customer when they purchase the kit. The tune is specific to a specific vehicle and will not work on another vehicle. Procharger will not send a secondhand owner of the kit a copy of the tune. Therefore, you can’t properly use the carb sticker.

Thank you for understanding. This is technically true for EVERY aftermarket product that involves a tune file. (There are just many that try and skirt around the rules, but bending them, or pretending they didn't know. Which with the fines involved these days, isn't something that should be messed with).

Hopefully, this process keeps getting smoother, and easier for folks. However we are just happy to have loads and loads and loads of 50 state legal systems for folks. :). Its not an easy task, but we feel its worth it.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Thank you for understanding. This is technically true for EVERY aftermarket product that involves a tune file. (There are just many that try and skirt around the rules, but bending them, or pretending they didn't know. Which with the fines involved these days, isn't something that should be messed with).

Hopefully, this process keeps getting smoother, and easier for folks. However we are just happy to have loads and loads and loads of 50 state legal systems for folks. :). Its not an easy task, but we feel its worth it.
I have no choice but to understand, it’s my job, lol. I actually work with you on this very subject 😉

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I don’t know what you are talking about because I have prochargers carb legal tune on my laptop right now. Would you like a copy

I guess there tune is not that hard to get

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I don’t know what you are talking about because I have prochargers carb legal tune on my laptop right now. Would you like a copy

I guess there tune is not that hard to get
Lol, me too. But, you are missing the point here. If you do not get the tune sent to you by procharger after purchasing the kit, the EO is not valid. Sure, if you have the sticker you could put it on the car and as long as everything passes, there wouldn’t be a problem. However, it is still outside of the scope of the EO. Nothing you say will circumvent that 😉

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Lol, me too. But, you are missing the point here. If you do not get the tune sent to you by procharger after purchasing the kit, the EO is not valid. Sure, if you have the sticker you could put it on the car and as long as everything passes, there wouldn’t be a problem. However, it is still outside of the scope of the EO. Nothing you say will circumvent that 😉
I’m not sure that is correct. When you get a smog test it will show that you have a modified ecu. They don’t know who modified the ecu. All they do is check the E.O. Number and if it shows that the kit includes a ecu modification then you pass. In fact you don’t even have to have the procharger tune installed to pass. Any tune that will pass will do because they don’t know what tune is in use.

Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I’m not sure that is correct. When you get a smog test it will show that you have a modified ecu. They don’t know who modified the ecu. All they do is check the E.O. Number and if it shows that the kit includes a ecu modification then you pass. In fact you don’t even have to have the procharger tune installed to pass. Any tune that will pass will do because they don’t know what tune is in use.
Until you’ve spent time submitting and gaining CARB approvals this whole process can seem crazy. And it may be. But, FACT is, just because a random tune passes the obdii test or tailpipe test does not mean it is compliant with the EO that was issued if the EO included the tune. There is no getting around this.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Besides the
Until you’ve spent time submitting and gaining CARB approvals this whole process can seem crazy. And it may be. But, FACT is, just because a random tune passes the obdii test or tailpipe test does not mean it is compliant with the EO that was issued if the EO included the tune. There is no getting around this.
if it is the exact tune that the EO approved I don’t see any problem. It just has to match the EO Number and the car
Sponsored