Best Resonator Delete for Active Exhaust

camstaysrolen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hey y’all, i’ve been searching hundreds of exhaust clips for an all stock w/active exhaust with a resonator delete but i’m so indecisive since I can’t hear them in person, What would you recommend as the best company/type or model for the best resonator delete option for an all stock w/active exhaust?

Thanks!
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have the active exhaust mufflers on my 2016, coupled with the Steeda H-pipe. With the valves fully open, it's loud on cold starts, and barky under full throttle, but nowhere NEAR as loud as the Roush axle-backs and X-pipe.

Personally, I think X-pipes sound like garbage with this engine. The H-pipe cuts rasp and gives you a deeper tone. Because of the firing order and DOHC nature, it's not going to sound like an old school V8, but it's a lot closer than an X-pipe.

JR

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Hey y’all, i’ve been searching hundreds of exhaust clips for an all stock w/active exhaust with a resonator delete but i’m so indecisive since I can’t hear them in person, What would you recommend as the best company/type or model for the best resonator delete option for an all stock w/active exhaust?

Thanks!
I went cheap, $125 bucks for SR performance x pipe, stainless and sounds awesome. IMO an x-pipe is an x-pipe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
camstaysrolen

camstaysrolen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Thank you both! I’ve definitely been leaning towards the Steeda H- pipe, as I lean more towards the deeper and less raspy exhaust note. Thanks for the input!

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Another vote for the Steeda H-Pipe, I have one and it's fantastic. Sounds awesome on all modes and is surprisingly quiet on quiet mode.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
It's enough for some, others want more after trying it. I personally find the oem mufflers a bit tinny sounding after the resonator delete but sound is subjective and others as you can see do enjoy it.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
It's enough for some, others want more after trying it. I personally find the oem mufflers a bit tinny sounding after the resonator delete but sound is subjective and others as you can see do enjoy it.
True, but I think it's a nice compromise before spending 1800-2500 on an AE catback.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I have a used GT350 stock X pipe on the way, will post results if there’s an easy way to account for the different pipe sizes.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I have a used GT350 stock X pipe on the way, will post results if there’s an easy way to account for the different pipe sizes.
Forum member BmacIL did this a few years back connected to the AWE back half.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Forum member BmacIL did this a few years back connected to the AWE back half.
Yeah I messaged him a couple days ago but got no response, he changed to Brian@BMVK, but his profile says he hasn’t been seen on 6G since August.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That's definitely true with the stock non-active exhaust, but I think the H-pipe and active exhaust combo sounds pretty darn good.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you both! I’ve definitely been leaning towards the Steeda H- pipe, as I lean more towards the deeper and less raspy exhaust note. Thanks for the input!
The brand won't make a difference in the sound, but the Steeda is a great choice because it's 304 stainless steel and has the bracing to prevent cracking from too much pressure on the crossover section.
Screenshot_20220520-094253-01.jpeg
Sponsored