OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
If it has "Committed" on the system then Vin has been assigned etc its just waiting to go down the production line. Before you know it, your have it.

Only 156 Mach 1's Vs 356 Bullitt's in the first year, bulitt data might be a little off. Was sold & imported by Ford U.K.
Committed does not mean you have a vin, it needs to go into Serialisation then it’s assigned a vin
That data does not show 4th quarter, also does not take into account 2021 Mach 1 which got delayed or cancelled and had to be reordered, most of these were delivered in early Q1 2022
Sponsored

Last edited:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Each main ford dealer has been allocated 3, doesn't mean every dealer is going to sell them due to local business environment. What could happen is some dealers would trade/give up for other stock items, so maybe dealer 1 gets 4 because dealer 1 gave dealer 2 another car. They are franchised, not sure if all but alot of them are.

Only way we are going to know the actual numbers will be using the DVLA data, I think due to covid some data is being updated slower. Looking on the site that site uses the DVLA, They seem to update it ever fiscal quarter.

Ask the question if you can change something on the car - if they say no and/or if it's showing as committed then it's locked and a VIN would have already of been assigned it just may not say. Without a VIN that wouldn't be able to start going down the production line - A VIN needs to be printed around the car to be identified.

Rhetorical question: How can you have a bulid date if the car hasn't received a vin number that is required to be stamped in the panels ?

Could be system isn't updated or maybe they just haven't entered it into it, why worry about something you have no control over, it's a formality.

The Data collected is from the DVLA, they mention this on the site so it's government data.

Now imagine this, it's post covid, the economies of the world are in stagnation, wages are shrinking, cost of living is increasing everyday, inflation is skyrocketing and interest rates are going up to all time highs. Only way the markets will correct themselves is with a recession, which is just beyond the horizon.

Emission regulations are increasing throughout the world, money is getting very tight for many. Cars are a nice to have, most people will want high mile economy engines, even switching to public transport.

*BEV & PHEV are out of reach for many and they aren't that clean compared to ICE - Volvo has explained this.

Mustangs in Europe and the U.K. will become very rare, over time. While people transition over to BEV/PHEW/ hydro vehicles due to increasing & uncertain gas costs and a higher burden on the cost of ownership. While new ICE vehicles will be banned from sale in 8 years time. (If that really happens) High octane fuels will slowly become a commodity. The normal family joe, will not be able to afford it.

Will the next gen mustang sold in Europe/U.K. even have a NA V8? Or will it be some hybrid V8 if a V8 even comes due to our ever increasing emissions standards - who knows, could this even be the last V8 NA model year Mustang in the U.K. and Europe & Australia?

Look at what stellantis has done to dodge & Jeep, they have replaced the V8 with an inline 6, for extra fuel economy. Next year is the last MY to get a hellcat or a hellcat redeye brand new. Mercedes has stripped the V8 from their cars and others too.

Will the mustang branding live on probably yes, just it will be completely different to what we know it as today.
I hope that my Mach 1 (if it's delivered) A10 will become rare and desirable in the UK. But I'm not sure.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the link above (so don't blame me for the data lol), I have put this together for newly registered V8's starting from the launch of the s550 :

1651138176811.png

I will keep it updated to the end of the s550, as and when new data is added to that site :like:

WD :like:

Quick edit (in bold red) thanks to @Eclipsar noted in post #81 :like:

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Based on the link above (so don't blame me for the data lol), I have put this together for newly registered V8's starting from the launch of the s550 :
Very interesting this. Folks obviously liked the 10 speed! Almost a 50/50 manual v auto split.

Would be interested to see what other "new" vehicles are <10,000 in the UK.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Very interesting this. Folks obviously liked the 10 speed! Almost a 50/50 manual v auto split.

Would be interested to see what other "new" vehicles are <10,000 in the UK.
An awful lot. Some companies such as Alfa Romeo, Subaru, Mitsubishi would take a few years to sell that many in total! I think Subaru sold just over 100 new cars last year!

It is actually quite a common car the Mustang all things considered

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

1651138176811.png

I will keep it updated to the end of the s500, as and when new data is added to that site :like:

Great job 👍 interesting to see the figures, wasn’t the S500 a Mercedes’ though 😂

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition

1651138176811.png

I will keep it updated to the end of the s550, as and when new data is added to that site :like:

Good work compiling this, very interesting to see! Presumably Shadow Editions fall under regular GT's?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good work compiling this, very interesting to see! Presumably Shadow Editions fall under regular GT's?
I can only assume so as they are not itemised separately in the listings (I assume that in Fords / the DVLA's eyes it was classed more of an options pack, rather than a individual model ?).

I would love a further breakdown (Coupe / Convertible / Custom Pack / Magneride / Recaro / Colour / Factory Black Roof / etc) but I am not sure we will ever get that for the UK.

Something like the Marti reports that the stateside guys can get would be perfect (and I would gladly pay) :like:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

1651138176811.png

Thanks for putting it together. I love data, bit of a data junkie. Does this mean A10 Mach 1's are rare and desirable or that nobody wants them?

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Thanks for putting it together. I love data, bit of a data junkie. Does this mean A10 Mach 1's are rare and desirable or that nobody wants them?
The Tremec 6 speed is the desirable thing in the Mach 1

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The Tremec 6 speed is the desirable thing in the Mach 1
I am so stupid. I owned a Tremec Mach 1 and sold it after six weeks. Now I have an A10 Mach 1 on order. I'm such an idiot.

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I am so stupid. I owned a Tremec Mach 1 and sold it after six weeks. Now I have an A10 Mach 1 on order. I'm such an idiot.
The Tremec is out of the GT350, but if you prefer a auto what does it matter

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The Tremec is out of the GT350, but if you prefer a auto what does it matter
I guess I can probably claim to be one of the very few guys in the UK who owned both a Tremec & A10 Mach 1?

escossie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My 22 GT was supposed to be built on the 18th February but it was built on the 17th & gate released on the 28th in the middle of the shutdown.
It is a UK car with Magnaride, Recaro's, custom pack 2 & large rear spoiler.
Seems to have got lost in Mexico (arrived 4-3-2022) at the moment so no idea when its going to show up.
It found it's way to the UK - picked it up last Monday.

I'll get some more photo's up shortly - too busy driving it at the moment.

Anyone that is waiting for theirs it will be more than worth the wait when it turns up!
Mustang.jpg
Sponsored