Ordered New Mustang 😀

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 on order.
Why is it that blokes on an internet forum know this but my Ford salesperson doesn't? Thanks for your help guys, very much appreciated.
Ford are very bad at communicating with its customers and dealers but i should imagine that some dealers just dont care enough to chase up.

For example the sales person was saying they are awaiting gate release on my car but spoke to ford who said it had not been built. Ford told me they would update me and told the dealer not to contact me then 2 days later ford told me to speak to the dealer but didn't tell the dealer that as well.

Some dealers do genuinely seem to care others dont (seems to be pot luck), as for ford as long as they get the money they dont care one way or another.
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ford are very bad at communicating with its customers and dealers but i should imagine that some dealers just dont care enough to chase up.

For example the sales person was saying they are awaiting gate release on my car but spoke to ford who said it had not been built. Ford told me they would update me and told the dealer not to contact me then 2 days later ford told me to speak to the dealer but didn't tell the dealer that as well.

Some dealers do genuinely seem to care others dont (seems to be pot luck), as for ford as long as they get the money they dont care one way or another.
Still no word from my salesman. I hope everything is okay.

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Still no word from my salesman. I hope everything is okay.
I am now going through the sales manager as can not trust what the sales reps say.

My car is supposedly going to be built the 3rd week of May but the dealer system has not been updated by ford yet. The sales manager is speaking directly to ford and this is the latest info I have been told about but until I see the VIN I doubt it will be built.

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
No word yet from my salesman if my car was built two days ago. What do you guys think?
Definitely hasn't been built, placed initial order in Q3 21, had one allocated to me in Jan 22 - was told in Feb, Mach 1's for UK. The earliest it was going to built realistically speaking (Parts and supply chain issues) was in May, with a further push back possibly with a predicted delivery date to the UK in July or August with a May Bulid. Spoke to the dealer they said it actually had a build date placeholder of the 15th of April showing on the system when I called them. Has not been built because Flat Rock is closed - will either be made in May or June.

Any New orders placed for Mustangs for the U.K. will be built in July or September, The Month is TBC.

The MACH 1 original MY22 allocation has been consumed, if a new order is placed (Some dealers are taking them) With allocation officially being closed, it doesn't mean they will actually get it, unless it's been committed and allocated to that person on the system. Was thinking about cancelling and re-ordering in another colour, not worth the risk of not getting it.

A friend of mine attempted to buy one, a few dealers stated they cannot order them and one of them said you have to hope someone cancels, then you can have their car which has already been ordered. Assumption, they must have a list of people who want one but cannot provide them, so whoever cancels gets their spec'd car. However one dealer came back to my friend and said they might be able to order one.

Spoke to a Ford UK rep when my friend told me this, rep did some digging at HQ and came back to me saying order bank is officially closed and ford will not accept new orders, if it ever opens up again dealers who are doing it have no allotment assigned to that person.

Looking at other threads on here, speculation has it all the remaining Mach 1's will be produced in a one month window then rumour if this is to be believed has is that it could be removed from sale due to the part shortages.

Considering Ford Australia has already stated the new Gen Mustang will be arriving in 23. That's not a long time away, it may not seem to be so untruthful, got to factor in training, processes, warehouses, supply, inventory, logistical, people changes, production test runs etc. Then retooling the Flat Rock plant for next gen.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely hasn't been built, placed initial order in Q3 21, had one allocated to me in Jan 22 - was told in Feb, Mach 1's for UK. The earliest it was going to built realistically speaking (Parts and supply chain issues) was in May, with a further push back possibly with a predicted delivery date to the UK in July or August with a May Bulid. Spoke to the dealer they said it actually had a build date placeholder of the 15th of April showing on the system when I called them. Has not been built because Flat Rock is closed - will either be made in May or June.

Any New orders placed for Mustangs for the U.K. will be built in July or September, The Month is TBC.

The MACH 1 original MY22 allocation has been consumed, if a new order is placed (Some dealers are taking them) With allocation officially being closed, it doesn't mean they will actually get it, unless it's been committed and allocated to that person on the system. Was thinking about cancelling and re-ordering in another colour, not worth the risk of not getting it.

A friend of mine attempted to buy one, a few dealers stated they cannot order them and one of them said you have to hope someone cancels, then you can have their car which has already been ordered. Assumption, they must have a list of people who want one but cannot provide them, so whoever cancels gets their spec'd car. However one dealer came back to my friend and said they might be able to order one.

Spoke to a Ford UK rep when my friend told me this, rep did some digging at HQ and came back to me saying order bank is officially closed and ford will not accept new orders, if it ever opens up again dealers who are doing it have no allotment assigned to that person.

Looking at other threads on here, speculation has it all the remaining Mach 1's will be produced in a one month window then rumour if this is to be believed has is that it could be removed from sale due to the part shortages.

Considering Ford Australia has already stated the new Gen Mustang will be arriving in 23. That's not a long time away, it may not seem to be so untruthful, got to factor in training, processes, warehouses, supply, inventory, logistical, people changes, production test runs etc. Then retooling the Flat Rock plant for next gen.
Thanks for the detail. Mine also had that placeholder 15th April build date. I really hope I get the car. If it's cancelled, then I hate to say it but I'm probably going EV. I want a Mach 1 and that's it.

Sponsored

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am now going through the sales manager as can not trust what the sales reps say.

My car is supposedly going to be built the 3rd week of May but the dealer system has not been updated by ford yet. The sales manager is speaking directly to ford and this is the latest info I have been told about but until I see the VIN I doubt it will be built.
If it has "Committed" on the system then Vin has been assigned etc its just waiting to go down the production line. Before you know it, your have it.

Thanks for the detail. Mine also had that placeholder 15th April build date. I really hope I get the car. If it's cancelled, then I hate to say it but I'm probably going EV. I want a Mach 1 and that's it.
It's always good to have back up options - I'm pretty sure they will get here, just patience is needed. I think very late Q2 to mid Q3 they will arrive in the U.K.

Honestly I think if someone places a relevantly new order if they find a dealer who does it, is more and more unlikely to get it considering the bigger picture in play. - If it wasn't such a unique environment right now, then it would be BAU.

Read somewhere they made around 6600 Mach 1's last year. This is the last run for them, 2 Year model only. - Will be less Mach 1's made then the total GT 350 production with the S550.

Only 156 Mach 1's Vs 356 Bullitt's in the first year, bulitt data might be a little off. Was sold & imported by Ford U.K.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Only 156 Mach 1's Vs 356 Bullitt's in the first year, bulitt data might be a little off. Was sold & imported by Ford U.K.
Please could I ask how you got that data and do you have or can you get more ? :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please could I ask how you got that data and do you have or can you get more ? :like:

Cheers,

You can find the data on the DVLA website, they are excel sheets - all new cars brought and licensed for the U.K. are published by them. I quickly had a look for the bulitt's numbers, think they brought just over 660 in for all two years. - Also broken down into Auto + manual & on the road + off the road but got to do the math.

I think their might be some third party sites using an API to get the data - not sure.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
You can find the data on the DVLA website, they are excel sheets - all new cars brought and licensed for the U.K. are published by them. I quickly had a look for the bulitt's numbers, think they brought just over 660 in for all two years. - Also broken down into Auto + manual & on the road + off the road but got to do the math.

I think their might be some third party sites using an API to get the data - not sure.
That's interesting data. I was told 350 '21 Mach 1's came to the UK, but your data sounds way lower, which is actually great news. Thanks

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

check out this website:
FORD MUSTANG MACH 1 - How Many Left?

Sponsored

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
If it has "Committed" on the system then Vin has been assigned etc its just waiting to go down the production line. Before you know it, your have it.
It shows committed with an est build date of 16th feb 2022 still. No VIN yet.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That website (if it can be trusted) is really interesting.

121 Mach 1 manuals :

1650574205586.png

And 42 Mach 1 autos :

1650574171643.png

I'm actually surprised how low the GT's are, once covid started to hit ... :frown:

Manuals :

1650574562109.png

Autos :

1650574621614.png

I know there are the 55 editions to add onto those numbers (74 & 105).

710 Bullitts total, with more sold in 2020 than GT manuals ! :

1650574835233.png

Sorry for the slight thread detour ... !

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting data. I was told 350 '21 Mach 1's came to the UK, but your data sounds way lower, which is actually great news. Thanks
Each main ford dealer has been allocated 3, doesn't mean every dealer is going to sell them due to local business environment. What could happen is some dealers would trade/give up for other stock items, so maybe dealer 1 gets 4 because dealer 1 gave dealer 2 another car. They are franchised, not sure if all but alot of them are.

Only way we are going to know the actual numbers will be using the DVLA data, I think due to covid some data is being updated slower. Looking on the site that site uses the DVLA, They seem to update it ever fiscal quarter.

Ask the question if you can change something on the car - if they say no and/or if it's showing as committed then it's locked and a VIN would have already of been assigned it just may not say. Without a VIN that wouldn't be able to start going down the production line - A VIN needs to be printed around the car to be identified.

Rhetorical question: How can you have a bulid date if the car hasn't received a vin number that is required to be stamped in the panels ?

Could be system isn't updated or maybe they just haven't entered it into it, why worry about something you have no control over, it's a formality.

That website (if it can be trusted) is really interesting.

1650574171643.png

I'm actually surprised how low the GT's are, once covid started to hit ... :frown:

The Data collected is from the DVLA, they mention this on the site so it's government data.

Now imagine this, it's post covid, the economies of the world are in stagnation, wages are shrinking, cost of living is increasing everyday, inflation is skyrocketing and interest rates are going up to all time highs. Only way the markets will correct themselves is with a recession, which is just beyond the horizon.

Emission regulations are increasing throughout the world, money is getting very tight for many. Cars are a nice to have, most people will want high mile economy engines, even switching to public transport.

*BEV & PHEV are out of reach for many and they aren't that clean compared to ICE - Volvo has explained this.

Mustangs in Europe and the U.K. will become very rare, over time. While people transition over to BEV/PHEW/ hydro vehicles due to increasing & uncertain gas costs and a higher burden on the cost of ownership. While new ICE vehicles will be banned from sale in 8 years time. (If that really happens) High octane fuels will slowly become a commodity. The normal family joe, will not be able to afford it.

Will the next gen mustang sold in Europe/U.K. even have a NA V8? Or will it be some hybrid V8 if a V8 even comes due to our ever increasing emissions standards - who knows, could this even be the last V8 NA model year Mustang in the U.K. and Europe & Australia?

Look at what stellantis has done to dodge & Jeep, they have replaced the V8 with an inline 6, for extra fuel economy. Next year is the last MY to get a hellcat or a hellcat redeye brand new. Mercedes has stripped the V8 from their cars and others too.

Will the mustang branding live on probably yes, just it will be completely different to what we know it as today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Vins are not assigned when they are committed they come later in the process

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Quarter 4 is missing, so most likely 350 sold
Sponsored