Engine/Transmission Whine

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
So I'm driving on the highway today and I noticed a high pitched whine all of a sudden coming from the engine. It's not very loud but something that was not there before. definitely gets louder and lower with the speed of the car. Doesn't happen when coasting in neutral so I'm thinking it's transmission related (Tremec 6 speed). Probably not noticeable by someone not used to driving in the car but the neurotic that I am notices any changes no matter big or small. Also it's not there for the first 10 minutes or so of driving but then it starts. 3 time today I parked, got back in the car and it started about 5 to 10 minutes into the drive. Car only has about 7500 miles.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I suspect one of the coolers. My 2015 GT Premium didn't make the high pitched whine, but I noticed it from the Mach 1. More so when next to a curb or wall that reflects the sound back at the car with the windows open.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I know the 10R80 has a TSB for whining. Mine sounds like I have a super charger at times.

Richard

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My Tremec has a whine when I rev match downshift to slow down but it sounds pretty normal and just the transmission making noise. I actually like it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The only issue I've noticed is a slight roughness going into 5th gear at times.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I know the 10R80 has a TSB for whining. Mine sounds like I have a super charger at times.

Richard
Interesting. I'll have to listen for mine more now that the weather is beginning to get so I can drive with the windows down.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So I'm driving on the highway today and I noticed a high pitched whine all of a sudden coming from the engine. It's not very loud but something that was not there before. definitely gets louder and lower with the speed of the car. Doesn't happen when coasting in neutral so I'm thinking it's transmission related (Tremec 6 speed). Probably not noticeable by someone not used to driving in the car but the neurotic that I am notices any changes no matter big or small. Also it's not there for the first 10 minutes or so of driving but then it starts. 3 time today I parked, got back in the car and it started about 5 to 10 minutes into the drive. Car only has about 7500 miles.
Thoughts?
Did you have that it was a manual in your post originally? I swear I didn't see that, only reason i mentioned the 10R80.

Richard

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have a faint whine at low rpm that sounds like a supercharger. I'm almost positive it's just gear whine. This thread talks about it a bit more.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mt-82-whine.25772/

Mine sounds the same just a LOT quieter. Like, I'd struggle getting it recorded quieter.

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Did you have that it was a manual in your post originally? I swear I didn't see that, only reason i mentioned the 10R80.

Richard
No, I went back and edited it, after your post I realized I never said it was a manual.... you caught me. lol