Bullitt mods

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Well Marcie does excellent work!! The STANGINATOR is the new Plate for my Strut Bar!!! View attachment 644099

E4732C5A-E256-4696-9EBD-3A6FB4A020FD.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Well...on to the next Mod!!, Rear Valance and oval exhaust tips from CI Pony...

F9C335FE-8633-47BE-870E-F97D4C69A6E7.jpeg

22C34D9E-0E35-4308-8A10-2F9E1E73D2CE.jpeg

VroomVroom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've tried doing weeks of research and sound testing to no avail. Is there any aftermarket exhaust that will come remotely close to the deep throaty muscle car grumble of the Bullitt's custom exhaust? I'd like to squeeze some more dB's out of the exhaust but I just can't find a aftermarket brand that doesn't make it sound like a typical high-pitched rasp of a 5.0.

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
All you need to do to get more sound is remove the front resonator and replace it with a x pipe....loud and a bit raspy.
Or a H pipe....loud and deaper sound. That is what i have on my bullitt. Plenty loud on sport and track mode.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I've tried doing weeks of research and sound testing to no avail. Is there any aftermarket exhaust that will come remotely close to the deep throaty muscle car grumble of the Bullitt's custom exhaust? I'd like to squeeze some more dB's out of the exhaust but I just can't find a aftermarket brand that doesn't make it sound like a typical high-pitched rasp of a 5.0.
I use to think the mufflers was what made the bullitt have the rumble, its all in the engine tuning. other than the black tips the mufflers are the same as the other active mufflers.
I had an H pipe on mine for little over a year and then added the S type active. think of your stock exhaust but turn it up to 11. the s types have an amazing tone to them.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Spacers............. Before I put on the Steeda Sport Springs last year, I put 1" spacers on the front wheels of the Bullitt. It immediately sharpened the steering response, and flatter cornering (at least by feel). After the springs and getting slight rubbing at speed with a passenger, I removed them. I was shocked at how numb and unresponsive the front end felt, even with the sport springs. So last week I put them back on and WOW, what a difference. More responsive, and a bit more feel.

This was the first time I had a chance to examine what the spring installers did, and while I assumed they had removed the jounce dampers, I discovered that the left them in UNCUT..... Another reason why I hate having someone else work on my stuff.

I am having Steeda build complete struts/shocks with the Steeda camber plate up front, and shock mounts out back, and can't wait to put them on. Will only have to get an alignment. Will report back when on the car.

Of course, SOMEHOW and this is the first time in 40 years this has happened, I was rushing, and somehow lost the wheel lock key. Fortunately, the card for the keylock was in the trunk in the bag, so I will call to get a replacement this week. Not sure what made me check, but yesterday it dawned on me I did not remember putting it back in the bag. Sure enough, it wasn't there. Did a look through my tools, and around the garage floor, and car, but no love..... I'm sure it will turn up right when I get the new one. I'm just glad I realized it was missing NOW rather then when it was critical........ I THINK I left it on the lock when I went for a test drive and fell off......

But back on topic, the spacers don't just improve looks, pushing the wheels out do improve driving feel and satisfaction. This surprised me, but it is the first time I have used spacers, I normally get new rims with more offset.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said;

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
My Steeda parts are finally at the house! Unfortunately, I will not be able to get them until Easter Weekend, then they will go on the week after.

Steeda Assembled Sport Springs, Pro action shocks and struts (non adjustable) with the Steeda bump stops, camber plates, rear upper shock mounts. I already have the IRS bracing and lower front strut brace. Looking forward to getting them on the car.

I also bought the rear shifter bracket, and will change it out when I do the B&M fluid change at a later date.
Sponsored