Finished my display

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Welp finished my Display. Thanks to @Jmeo for taking a pic of his C.O so I could add my info from the fax/copy my dealership had made and sent me. Challenge coin didnt work in the display cause it made docs slide down since they aren't taped or glued, so I took a pic and added it in. Thought I'd share.

2022-02-21 23.18.22.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That’s cool. What does the Shelby VAC mean? Do you have a Shelby CSM?
You can go to SA and add your GT500 into the registry they maintain, which officially keeps track of it, forgot the member here that did it which made me do the same (Thanks BTW). Here is the link again in case you wanted to register your GT500 with SA Registry

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Welp finished my Display. Thanks to @Jmeo for taking a pic of his C.O so I could add my info from the fax/copy my dealership had made and sent me. Challenge coin didnt work in the display cause it made docs slide down since they aren't taped or glued, so I took a pic and added it in. Thought I'd share.

2022-02-21 23.18.22.jpg
@AngelDeath

Looks great!

So, I don't know what your backer board inside the display is - cardboard, poster board?

If so, I just completed a project for a display of original Classic Mustang magazine ads - put into a 24"x36" poster display. I had the same issue with the layout of the ads sliding around even after being compressed by the clear layer and framing.

A trick offered by my wife to try for my project display:
3M Post-It notes, everyone usually has these in the home or office. The top edge of the Post-It, cut the "sticky" portion into X-length needed. Once cut, fold it in half so that it makes (2) sticky sides - one that will adhere to the back of whatever docs you're trying to display and the other side that will adhere to the backer board. Place them strategically on the back side of the docs, then place doc onto the backer board into desired position, and just press lightly across the doc. The docs will now "stick" to the backer board and won't slide. The 3M Post-It note adhesion will not soil or stain the documents - AND it will not damage the docs if removing to reposition or if removing at a later date.

As for your coin:
Go to Dollar Tree >> Craft/Stationary isle
Look for this product:
https://www.dollartree.com/crafters-square-adhesive-dots-72ct-packs/296741
Take 2 or 3 of those clear sticky dots and place them on the backside of the coin. Those should hold your metal coin to the backer board. They are sticky - too sticky for docs (already tried on a test paper and it will damage/tear a doc like certificates, ads, printed paper, etc.). They won't damage a metal coin.

Again, your display looks great. Try the tricks above it should help to resolve the "slide". Once I used the Post-It note trick on the back of the ads for my 24x36 display, they did not slide at all, even after lifting it several times.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
@AngelDeath

Looks great!

So, I don't know what your backer board inside the display is - cardboard, poster board?

If so, I just completed a project for a display of original Classic Mustang magazine ads - put into a 24"x36" poster display. I had the same issue with the layout of the ads sliding around even after being compressed by the clear layer and framing.

A trick offered by my wife to try for my project display:
3M Post-It notes, everyone usually has these in the home or office. The top edge of the Post-It, cut the "sticky" portion into X-length needed. Once cut, fold it in half so that it makes (2) sticky sides - one that will adhere to the back of whatever docs you're trying to display and the other side that will adhere to the backer board. Place them strategically on the back side of the docs, then place doc onto the backer board into desired position, and just press lightly across the doc. The docs will now "stick" to the backer board and won't slide. The 3M Post-It note adhesion will not soil or stain the documents - AND it will not damage the docs if removing to reposition or if removing at a later date.

As for your coin:
Go to Dollar Tree >> Craft/Stationary isle
Look for this product:
https://www.dollartree.com/crafters-square-adhesive-dots-72ct-packs/296741
Take 2 or 3 of those clear sticky dots and place them on the backside of the coin. Those should hold your metal coin to the backer board. They are sticky - too sticky for docs (already tried on a test paper and it will damage/tear a doc like certificates, ads, printed paper, etc.). They won't damage a metal coin.

Again, your display looks great. Try the tricks above it should help to resolve the "slide". Once I used the Post-It note trick on the back of the ads for my 24x36 display, they did not slide at all, even after lifting it several times.
Thanks for the suggestions. The Poster Display (24x36) has a cardboard backing, I purchased Black Construction paper (24x36) for a background, and everything stays in place, the problem was if I put the actual coin in the display then it creates a gap and the docs would slide down since the glass/cover would press against the coin and cause little air gaps that would slide/shift the docs.

But I'll keep the post idea in mind, never thought of that, I used to take scotch tape and loop it and use that, but I like your wife's idea better, and I'll keep the dots in mind as never thought of that either and I have other projects I could use that for.

Sponsored

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
WOW I like that all in one frame. I have two frames and looking to do this Window Sticker, Shelby VAC, and a photo of the car.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
WOW I like that all in one frame. I have two frames and looking to do this Window Sticker, Shelby VAC, and a photo of the car.
Yeah I have a finite wall space, as I have the portrait that the wife got last Xmas of my car with the vin next to it, and I had my car photographed professionally when it had ceramic coating put on and I took that pic and had it made up from Fractureme.com at 21 x 24 on glass, I'm limited in space, so it made sense to make one big display.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

2022-02-21 23.18.22.jpg
Is that MSO a photoshop? lol

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Is that MSO a photoshop? lol
If your talking about the CO then yes Jamie was kind enough to send me the front of his so I could super impose my info that my dealer sent me, but it wasn't done with photoshop as the fonts wouldn't match and be authentic to the rest of the document.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If your talking about the CO then yes Jamie was kind enough to send me the front of his so I could super impose my info that my dealer sent me, but it wasn't done with photoshop as the fonts wouldn't match and be authentic to the rest of the document.
Ha! I can spot a forgery a mile away.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ha! I can spot a forgery a mile away.
Considering you only had to look 11 replies up, you didnt have to look far since I clearly said it in the main post. Tom you really need to get that head examined and now it seems you need stronger glasses :p

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Considering you only had to look 11 replies up, you didnt have to look far since I clearly said it in the main post. Tom you really need to get that head examined and now it seems you need stronger glasses :p
Isn't it a felony to alter a certificate of origin?

Hmm.... maybe make some fake $100 bills to surround that display?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Isn't it a felony to alter a certificate of origin?

Hmm.... maybe make some fake $100 bills to surround that display?
Technically by law it is a felony to alter a legal document to pass as authentic to either profit or register. being this is for display purposes and not for legal proof, it does not apply. As with making $100 bills is the same, as long as you are not passing them along as legal tender there is no law broken, but based on your interpretation of the law then any copy you make of a legal document would be considered a felony and illegal, so if you make a copy of your DL, Registration, Insurance card, birth cert, Marriage license, shall I go on?

Plus I am not passing his CO as my own, all generic info is the same, only what info applies to me has been changed to reflect my info, which is for "Entertainment" Purposes only.

I know your getting my goat going so for that reason you can appreciate this:

Snapchat-1545467325.jpg

Let's not take away from the post anymore :wink:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Technically by law it is a felony to alter a legal document to pass as authentic to either profit or register. being this is for display purposes and not for legal proof, it does not apply. As with making $100 bills is the same, as long as you are not passing them along as legal tender there is no law broken, but based on your interpretation of the law then any copy you make of a legal document would be considered a felony and illegal, so if you make a copy of your DL, Registration, Insurance card, birth cert, Marriage license, shall I go on?

Plus I am not passing his CO as my own, all generic info is the same, only what info applies to me has been changed to reflect my info, which is for "Entertainment" Purposes only.

I know your getting my goat going so for that reason you can appreciate this:

Snapchat-1545467325.jpg

Let's not take away from the post anymore :wink:
Its always a pleasure chatting with you, lol
Sponsored