Metal Toggle Switches by 5spurs?

Metal Toggle Switches

• Yes

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Switches feel cheap

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Switches emit too much glare (satin / GT350 finish instead)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Want to have a true metal switch / customize the car

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Want different colored switches

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other (please detail in thread response)

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
What about making three of them for the base models and V6 cars? I’d pay $199 or so for them as it would really add to the center console!
Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm sure metal would feel nicer but not worth anywhere near that kind of money IMO. I'd rather spend that on performance mods.
Agreed 100%.

Saw the comment by 5spurs saying it's "Bugatti" etc. quality.

There's one big difference: You're not Bugatti, and this is no Veyron. People pay that kind of money for those cars for the nameplate and the engineering, not for the CNC pieces. Apples to oranges.

What you are offering is a CNC piece for a premium price, which is an understatement, and trying to convince people it's worth it because it will give them a piece, a small piece, of that kind of quality.

Put me down for NO. WAY.

$300 for switches? :giggle::crackup::cwl:

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Just an update..spoke with @5spurs and he is in development...also been able to reduce the price a little bit...will let people know when product is finished :D. He has already sent me some photos of prototypes and I'll just say they look awesome :D

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see any issue with these mods - my post earlier was to say I really like the factory switches.

This is coming from someone with a 20k hifi system.

If it is what makes you happy that counts. A retro style switch would be pretty damn cool.

There are mods that are significantly worse.
Man if I could redirect some of the money I put into my HT I'd have a 9 second Mustang!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I hear and read people complaining about quality in their Mustang base or even the Premium and I laugh. I go back to the 70's when the Mustang devolved into a damned Pinto, have any of you younger guys driven one? Drivers-Ed was a Pinto and a Fairmont, I see kids driving Taurus Limiteds now in school, dauym, go find a Fairmont, kids got it good!

Have any of the younger folks driven that era Japanese German or Swedish car? We are living the highlife with current Mustang's, even compared to just 10 years ago and I thought my 2006 GT was incredible despite the plastic, it felt and drove solid, no rattles, low wind noise, awesome.

My current 2018 400a Premium GT has a plastic console, that is my only complaint about the car and I could care less, if I wanted more leather I would have gone 401a and PP. The heavier switch gear, the more padding, all that Euro crap people want adds weight, the car is heavy enough as it is. I love the 2018 interior, it's almost too quiet, it feels solid as a tank and handles like its on rails, I know the Camaro and PP Mustang's handle better but I don't care, I love how this one handles because I remember my 1985 Mustang GT which I friggin loved when I bought it new as well but take corners, not very well. Compared to previous Ford's however it felt down right refined and it only got better from there.

I understand why some people are interested in higher quality switches and padded leather consoles and more luxurious feel to everything, that's why I bought a Lincoln, the new ones are incredible but hey to each his own.

I'm on a rant so I'll end with if the new switches are backlit I'm in..... :crazy:

Sponsored

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I guess this never materialized huh, I was just thinking how awesome metal switches would be

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If you break a switch can it be replaced ?

Aren't they just covers for the toggle? Did not find anything descriptive drawings or installation-wise. Just a picture of them, tells one nothing.

Seeing almost 200 bucks for the set killed the idea anyway LMAO

Do understand the complexity it takes to produce such an item, CNC, and building files for such not an easy job.

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
Aren't they just covers for the toggle? Did not find anything descriptive drawings or installation-wise. Just a picture of them, tells one nothing.

Seeing almost 200 bucks for the set killed the idea anyway LMAO

Do understand the complexity it takes to produce such an item, CNC, and building files for such not an easy job.
I meant the basic switch

406A5B1F-3C5B-47E9-B255-2BDA2DE1B1B2.jpeg

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go this explains it.