Sponsored

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Did you have any engine issues on those GT350s while in ownership? I'm still leery on the reliability and maint costs for track use even though love the flat plane and addicting red line.
I did not have any issues with either but I followed Ford's break-in recommendations as well as used extra caution. I changed oil after 500 miles and used AMSOIL in both cars. I also changed oil before and after track events. I only put about 3K on each car so I don't have the long term ownership experience. But I've put well over 100K on several of my other Mustangs and have over 50K on a 2016 GT convertible. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Last edited:

KipBanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Check out the full Lightning Lap results. Very impressive 5th best time. Only the Black Wing Cadillac had a better time, and the top 4 are well over 6 figures. Check the comments section, and you will see many mentions of the Mach 1 being the winner of this comparison.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a38955362/lightning-lap-2022/

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
I did not have any issues with either but I followed Ford's break-in recommendations as well as used extra caution. I changed oil after 500 miles and used AMSOIL in both cars. I also changed oil before and after track events. I only put about 3K on each car so I don't have the long term ownership experience. But I've put well over 100K on several of my other Mustangs and have over 50K on a 2016 GT convertible. Hope this helps.
Yes it does, thx! I Judicial maint sure helps, esp with track use.. I’m also using Amsoil good to hear.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Like others have noted - too many variables to say that the "math" says one is faster than the other. We know what is in the cars - and even if the GT350R has some more extensive and exotic hardware in some aspects - everything coming out right now is awesome. The Mach, borrowing so many parts from the 350 program, you knew it would be a great car to drive. That's what it really boils down to, is the driving experience. I love the 350R but I'm biased - I also had no doubt that the Mach would be a great performer - I don't think anyone is going to complain about the driving experience. The faster driver is going to go faster in any of these cars - whether it be a 350, 350R or Mach - the available performance bar is very high.

Sponsored

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Potential Mach 1 owner
Video and commentary of the lap

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Did you have any engine issues on those GT350s while in ownership? I'm still leery on the reliability and maint costs for track use even though love the flat plane and addicting red line.
All three of the guys with GT350's I've talked to in person have had their Voodoo's replaced under warranty. None have had any issues with the replacement though, and one guy had twice the mileage on #2 than the original.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Not trying to be an ass but F1 cars use paddle sift transmission no clutch on shift. Put the trans in sport mode, drive mode in track, and you have no electronics doing anything with gear selection only your paddle input. Only thing that would be better is if it was a DTC transmission!
F1 cars are not sports cars, they are race cars. They're not built for fun, they are built for one purpose and one purpose only: going around a track as quickly as possible while keeping the driver alive.

If you are racing professionally or for slips, sure, go wild with the auto. But if you're driving recreationally, even on the track, the F1 comparison is a little silly.

* I've been dumping on the auto a little bit lately lol, so I want to make it clear I don't "hate" autos, or people who buy them. To each their own. There are some valid reasons to prefer the automatic for some people. But I think the "more fun" argument will always favor the manual, especially for those doing track time.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 is a great performance car, period. For some, it might not be as exciting to drive VS GT350/GT350R since it doesn't have the Voodoo and manual transmission, but that doesn't make it a lesser of a car.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the manual... Doesn't the Mach 1 have the exact same trans as the GT350?

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the manual... Doesn't the Mach 1 have the exact same trans as the GT350?
Except Mach1 has factory Rev Match and No Lift Up Shifts. So shifts in the Mach1 will be quicker than the GT350 that relies on a mere human to heal-toe and power-shift.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except Mach1 has factory Rev Match and No Lift Up Shifts. So shifts in the Mach1 will be quicker than the GT350 that relies on a mere human to heal-toe and power-shift.
Right, but neither of those things seem to mean that the GT350 has something the Mach 1 doesn't have, as I thought @Hurricane_GT350 was trying to say.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
a mere human can do, and have been doing these functions for years.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
a mere human can do, and have been doing these functions for years.
Oh, I know from personal experience, and I can't do what the new Mach 1 can do as well, as fast or as consistently.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
What I'd be curious to see is not only how an A10 Handling Package would do, but how the temps are after several laps.
Sponsored