Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
I’m in a few different forums where this kinda thread is a popular place to toss conversations that don’t necessarily fit. So, maybe it takes off, maybe not. Either way I’ll start it out…

stretched her legs a bit and gave her a bath lol
75BEB8DE-4974-4608-A583-97F7183A13FD.jpeg
04B46A80-D678-4587-A055-9295FA31E535.jpeg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Replaced the interior lights with LED ones from Diode. Managed to shatter both map light bulbs with a pair of pliers and turned a 30 minute job into a 2 hour one. At least it looks decent now. I have one bulb leftover though because we don't have a glovebox light anymore.

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
Replaced the interior lights with LED ones from Diode. Managed to shatter both map light bulbs with a pair of pliers and turned a 30 minute job into a 2 hour one. At least it looks decent now. I have one bulb leftover though because we don't have a glovebox light anymore.
I know how you feel. They are quite difficult to get out without using something, although I didnt break the existing lamps.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I know how you feel. They are quite difficult to get out without using something, although I didnt break the existing lamps.
Yeah, even if I managed to not shatter those, putting in the new LED's still would have pushed the bulb sockets into the dome. There's not an easy way to do this like some videos suggest it being "so easy".

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
i've never looked but i wonder if there are any specialty tools for pulling small automotive bulbs like that?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
i've never looked but i wonder if there are any specialty tools for pulling small automotive bulbs like that?
A long pair of tweezers is probably your best bet but even if you get the bulbs removed but good luck putting in the new LED's without pushing the bulb socket out of it's socket. Takes a good amount of force to plug in the new LED's. I would just plan on lowering the dome and even that sucks. I had to adjust my tab on the left side and I also added some electric tape to the mounting point to make it a little thicker because just simply taking a pair of pliers and squeezing the tab doesn't work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I broke down and ordered the oil separator (Ford performance)... passengers side.
Only thing I will say to look out for is the wiring clip that it has you remove in the instructions. It's easy to snap that off.