Sponsored

How did you option '22 your Mach 1?

How did you option your Mach 1? (select what is/was on your order)

• Total voters

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Is a 700a vs 600a car worth it? Seems like very little for 3k.

i dont need heated anything. Cooled seats under impress too.
Also leather. I just dont care for the look of the stock cloth. Ive seen well done cloth, but the mustang cloth looks cheap. Id 100% get recaros with the cloth seats.
Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Also, dealers don't exactly have their fingers on the pulse of the Mustang buyer, I've hardly ever seen a dealer stock Mustang how I'd order one.
I feel like they just look at which package has the most margin. At least with a mach 1 it is hard to go too wrong. A GT can get some really expensive bad combos.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If I was to pick a color again for 2022, I would probably go Race Red after seeing a few with the handling pack. Mischievous purple was interesting but too dark and a pain to keep clean and hides a lot of the accents.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Also leather. I just dont care for the look of the stock cloth. Ive seen well done cloth, but the mustang cloth looks cheap. Id 100% get recaros with the cloth seats.
Same. The regular cloth seats look ugly in my opinion and I prefer cloth, but ordered 700A/leather. The Recaro's just don't fit me well so they were also out of the picture. The Mach 1 is already expensive, might as well option it up so I got the elite package as well. 10 years ago I would've ordered a 600A, HP, Recaro, rear seat delete as my only options. I must be getting old lol.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I have the base-spec interior in my current Mustang and rented a premium GT on a trip... I opted for the 700A package on my Mach 1 order without hesitation after having sat in that rental.

Heated/cooled seats, a far more attractive/usable center console, leather, and some other small goodies definitely make it worth the money over the base if you plan on taking longer drives (45 mins or more) in this thing regularly. If it's just a track car/toy that you take short trips in, might not be though.

Is the interior as nice as my dad's BMW? Of course not. But that car also costs much more and lacks character compared to a V8 Mustang imo :wink:

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If I was to pick a color again for 2022, I would probably go Race Red
Same. When Velocity Blue is no longer an option, Race Red with these black contrasts looks like the second best option for me. The new colours of 2022 leave me rather cold, they're bit too pastel or dark for my taste. Eruption Green is probably best of them, but I'm not a fan of green on Mustangs myself.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I fell in love with dark green Mustangs when my uncle took me for a ride on his lap, in his brand new Ivy Green 1965. He'd get thrown in jail or something for driving with a 3 year old on his lap these days.

My first car was a Dark Moss Green 1967 390GTA Fastback, my 4th and maybe last Mustang is on order, a Eruption Green Mach 1 Handling Pack 700A.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I feel like they just look at which package has the most margin. At least with a mach 1 it is hard to go too wrong. A GT can get some really expensive bad combos.
I thought about this for a while and I think that maybe they buy for regular people, not Mustang nuts, like us.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Idk. One dealer had a M1 HP regular seats but rear seat delete. Seemed odd. Sometimes I think they just get what is sent.

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Idk. One dealer had a M1 HP regular seats but rear seat delete. Seemed odd. Sometimes I think they just get what is sent.
That would be a candidate for a track only car, and get real race seat(s) and a roll cage. Recaro seats that come from Ford are NOT race real seats and would even pass tech in Lemons.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Anyone still not voted? This thread might be worthy of resurrection given the latest delays, etc.

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
I just voted. I guess I never got around to it when the poll was initially posted.
Sponsored