Prices are on the rise......

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Furthermore - If he has a problem with that - Do you have a problem that he has a problem?
Good thing we have the opinion police around.
I have a problem that you are asking him if he has a problem with the one who has a problem. Do we have a problem? šŸ˜ lol
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
ā€¦. and maybe it is because these high profile sales were surrounded by a bunch of artificial hype created by a following as seen on the comments section of BaT.ā€
What ā€œartificial hypeā€? I came in late to the auction but saw 3 bidders bidding in the last 12 hours. I mustā€™ve missed the ā€œartificial hypeā€, but if my car is a fake and being hyped Iā€™d like to know whatā€™s the lack of authenticity that certifies it as ā€œhypeā€. My car has a followingā€¦. Thatā€™s awesome! :rockon::crazy:

Auctions can be strange thingsā€¦. Iā€™ve seen two bidders go crazy over Wayne Carini cars, over Mopars, over Cobras beforeā€¦ itā€™s nothing uncommon.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread is going sideways in a hurry..
tenor-1.gif
Some people feel that they are the end-all say-all and are quick to banter you with their ā€œintellectā€ instead of just gentlemanly disagreeing. Then they like to label you with what they are actually doing themselvesā€¦ policing the forum. :thumbsdown:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What is really hilarious is that now some of our M6G members are the real reason why the price of this HEP R car recently sold for what it did based on a few members being a cheer leading squad which hyped up the price on this last HEP R which just sold on BaT. :facepalm:

I can just imagine some recently interested bidders of this HEP R sitting at home thinking that I best bid up the price on this cool HEP R to over $150,000 based on all of the positive feedback from some Mustang forum members that are cheering us on!!

Just when you think that you have seen it all it somehow gets even more absurd than ever before!

:cwl:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Whatā€™s really absurd is when someone pretends to not know how things work, only when itā€™s convenient.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
In the end, purchase confirmation is very strong with cars. Hard to tell someone they did wrong when itā€˜s just an opinion. Some people even believe that a little chassis brace fixes tramlining - but thatā€™s the difference between opinion and facts - you cant fix stupid.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
This is interestingā€¦

A33E7B00-54B7-451B-8208-447368F0233B.jpeg
The world is a bit crazy right now. For those of us who follow pricing religiously, there is no way to gauge whats going on. Inflation, supply shortages and the shoving of EVs down are throat are all factors Im sure. Anything else?

But, that is a gorgeous car

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What is really hilarious is that now some of our M6G members are the real reason why the price of this HEP R car recently sold for what it did based on a few members being a cheer leading squad which hyped up the price on this last HEP R which just sold on BaT. :facepalm:

I can just imagine some recently interested bidders of this HEP R sitting at home thinking that I best bid up the price on this cool HEP R to over $150,000 based on all of the positive feedback from some Mustang forum members that are cheering us on!!

Just when you think that you have seen it all it somehow gets even more absurd than ever before!

:cwl:
Hmm. Well Harry, how many other BaT auctions have you been involved in like that? What were you and others doing getting involved in something that is none of your business? If this is something that you do all the time (like hang around here), then that would make sense. But you made it your little special side project to get involved in an auction that you had no interest in except to hype the car up for what reason? Do you really have that much time on your hands where you have to be such a busy body and sticking your fingers in a pie that had nothing to do with you?

You talk about absurd? You have been Mr HEP since day 1. Now that's fine, but if you love them so much, then why did you sell yours, which by the way, was way before this crazy bubble? And you didn't answer my question before...... how much did you get for yours?

And I'm not sure how many Rs you physically own anymore. You keep talking about all these cars..... aren't most of them long since sold off?

As for my behavior, our good pal crossed a line (once again). He does so with other members as well. I know Jeff (stanglife). He is the most level headed critical thinker that I know. I agree with him pertaining to your good pal Fred. Like him, I decided to remove him from my interactions on this forum. There is no reason to try to communicate with someone like that. He is, IMHO, exactly as I described him.

I must say It was amusing watching you guys on BaT in the comments section. Thanks for the good laugh. And speaking of the BaT comments...... When I bought my base R on an MSO, I didn't pay sales tax on it. That was paid when I registered the car. So all the great advice you give isn't always right..... which is another reason that you probably shouldn't be getting involved in something that is going to potentially cost someone a lot of money.

Were you in contact with any of those bidders to offer some of your driveby expert advice?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Hmm. Well Harry, how many other BaT auctions have you been involved in like that? What were you and others doing getting involved in something that is none of your business? If this is something that you do all the time (like hang around here), then that would make sense. But you made it your little special side project to get involved in an auction that you had no interest in except to hype the car up for what reason? Do you really have that much time on your hands where you have to be such a busy body and sticking your fingers in a pie that had nothing to do with you?

You talk about absurd? You have been Mr HEP since day 1. Now that's fine, but if you love them so much, then why did you sell yours, which by the way, was way before this crazy bubble? And you didn't answer my question before...... how much did you get for yours?

And I'm not sure how many Rs you physically own anymore. You keep talking about all these cars..... aren't most of them long since sold off?

As for my behavior, our good pal crossed a line (once again). He does so with other members as well. I know Jeff (stanglife). He is the most level headed critical thinker that I know. I agree with him pertaining to your good pal Fred. Like him, I decided to remove him from my interactions on this forum. There is no reason to try to communicate with someone like that. He is, IMHO, exactly as I described him.

I must say It was amusing watching you guys on BaT in the comments section. Thanks for the good laugh. And speaking of the BaT comments...... When I bought my base R on an MSO, I didn't pay sales tax on it. That was paid when I registered the car. So all the great advice you give isn't always right..... which is another reason that you probably shouldn't be getting involved in something that is going to potentially cost someone a lot of money.

Were you in contact with any of those bidders to offer some of your driveby expert advice?
Speaking of BAT and comments from members in here who registered with the same name on BAT. I just want to point out that I registered on BAT yesterday ( to look at 65 GTO's) and I couldn't choose my M6G name because someone already took it. So if any of you see comments on BAT from JR369, that is NOT me.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Hell, I didn't even know there was a comments section :)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hell, I didn't even know there was a comments section :)
Actually there is. Iā€™m not sure what comments Tomster is relating to, but there were some legit questions being asked by people and they got answers.

I thought thatā€™s what comment sections and forums were forā€¦ to help each other become more informed, not intellectual.

Unfortunately, some take these avenues of awareness to be comical, as well as ways for us HEP owners to be bragadocious, it appears, when in reality, there are only two forum members on here that appear to be lurkers over there and then come over here to police and satire/ridicule those who actually have an actual investment in the cause.

Apparently, we have so much power and swami-cred that we can coerce the pricing on BaT (:crazy::crackup::crazy:) which is an hysterically ridiculous allegation, but acknowledged as oneā€™s opinion heā€™s entitled to.

No matter how hard some of us try to stay on track in this thread about prices on the ups, there appear to be a few willing to derail it to assininity through arguments and trifling personal attacksā€¦. Sad.
Sponsored