Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Handling Package Wheel Obsession

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I took delivery of my Mach with the handling package three weeks ago, and still don’t have those fender flares either! They are on back order everywhere.
it's a big-ass box. Tell the dealer to go actually look with their eyes open this time.

PS. my mom would always say that. and a housemate would always helpfully offer "it's always the last place you look...".
Sponsored

PBM457

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paxton
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-250 Tremor , Mach 1 #2510
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mach-1-fender-flares.159012/
“MRGTX”
“It looks like the Mach 1 wheel arch trim (presumably mandated by law since the tires slightly protrude beyond the fender...) requires "some modification" to fit on other Mustang models. Anyone have any idea what this requires?”

Try this thread it might help. Post #24 should be of interest. Also post #48, #56.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
requires "some modification" to fit on other Mustang models. Anyone have any idea what this requires?
I bought the wheel well liners for the M1 for this purpose. There is at least one other thread that goes into photographic detail about the mods needed if you try to use the GT liners.

When I get a chance I'm going to test-fit the Corvette GS flares and see how (if) compatible they are. The GM part is cheap(ish) and readily available.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
it's a big-ass box. Tell the dealer to go actually look with their eyes open this time.

PS. my mom would always say that. and a housemate would always helpfully offer "it's always the last place you look...".
lol. I actually got in touch with Ford performance, and they were able to find out that it hasn’t been shipped to the dealer yet. But said it should be shipping to them soon.

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
My set just arrived. They look terrific. I’ll wait until spring before buying rubber for them but I’m psyched. The SP2s will be up for sale ;)

weighed on my “scientific” bathroom scale:

19x11 = 32.0 lbs
19x10.5 = 31.3 lbs

So they’re definitely not light weight…has anyone weighed the stock M1HP wheels? These were advertised as the very same wheels but that seems unlikely.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
My set just arrived. They look terrific. I’ll wait until spring before buying rubber for them but I’m psyched. The SP2s will be up for sale ;)

19x11 = 32.0 lbs
19x10.5 = 31.3 lbs

So they’re definitely not light weight…has anyone weighed the stock M1HP wheels? These were advertised as the very same wheels but that seems unlikely.
So these are almost the same weight as the pp1 wheels. Definitely looks great but not light weight. Comparing to my $1100 sve350r flow formed wheels at 24lbs, these definitely are heavier.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

19x11 = 32.0 lbs
19x10.5 = 31.3 lbs

That's about what my factory HP wheels weighed.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I bought the wheel well liners for the M1 for this purpose. There is at least one other thread that goes into photographic detail about the mods needed if you try to use the GT liners.

When I get a chance I'm going to test-fit the Corvette GS flares and see how (if) compatible they are. The GM part is cheap(ish) and readily available.
Details on the GS flares?

I've been pondering getting a set of the wheels for my '15, but don't know how I'll deal with the flares on the earlier car.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's about what my factory HP wheels weighed.
Thanks! So what’s the message here? Are the stock HP wheels not actually forged? Previously, everyone was assuming that the Ford Performance package had the same look/dimensions but were cast while the “real” ones were forged.

Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks! So what’s the message here? Are the stock HP wheels not actually forged? Previously, everyone was assuming that the Ford Performance package had the same look/dimensions but were cast while the “real” ones were forged.
Both are cast aluminum. Factory ones being forged weren’t true.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While my tire purchase for these M1HP wheels is 4+ months away, I am daydreaming...

Tirerack is only showing three tire models in the stock size spec:

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
Falken Azenis RT660

If you expand to allow for 325s out back and stock 305/30/19 up front, you also have the option of:

Goodyear Eagle Supercar F1
Goodyear Eagle Supercar F1 3R
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Track Connect
Toyo Proxes R888R

Which would you pick?

With mixed driving (mostly street, occasional autox , maybe a trip to the dragstrip or two) how many miles would you expect to get out of the stock Sport Cup 2 tires?

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Out of those same three options I bought the PS4S. May not be a bad idea for you to buy now and store till spring with the uncertainty about availability and price increases.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of those same three options I bought the PS4S. May not be a bad idea for you to buy now and store till spring with the uncertainty about availability and price increases.
That’s a depressingly good point.
What was your primary reason for picking the PS 4S over the others?
Sponsored