Wow.

How dare you.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
No surprise...the ruin of the mustang started with that @#$%ing CUV thing that is wearing the pony now. Still remember that interview Pericak did with a Mustang club...still to this day makes me vomit thinking about it...wish I had been there to say my piece...freaking traitor. Then one of the other clowns at Ford a few months ago did an interview where he called the Mach E part of the mustang family and they want the mustang family to go on. Not the Mustang...the mustang family. Doubt the coupe will even survive at that point. I want nothing to do with that. Glad I bought one of the last real mustangs we will probably see. I will probably transition to a Vette if those stay relatively intact once my kids are out of college which will give my Mach 1 a good 10+ year run. If Chevy pulls the same shit with the Vette guess I will resign myself to some boring commuter car and remember how things used to be.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
No surprise...the ruin of the mustang started with that @#$%ing CUV thing that is wearing the pony now. Still remember that interview Pericak did with a Mustang club...still to this day makes me vomit thinking about it...wish I had been there to say my piece...freaking traitor. Then one of the other clowns at Ford a few months ago did an interview where he called the Mach E part of the mustang family and they want the mustang family to go on. Not the Mustang...the mustang family. Doubt the coupe will even survive at that point. I want nothing to do with that. Glad I bought one of the last real mustangs we will probably see. I will probably transition to a Vette if those stay relatively intact once my kids are out of college which will give my Mach 1 a good 10+ year run. If Chevy pulls the same shit with the Vette guess I will resign myself to some boring commuter car and remember how things used to be.
A Corvette would probably suit you better, because you come across as a whiny gullible Boomer who is on here ranting because a random blog published total bullshit backed up by nothing but rumors (which they probably started in the first place).

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Honestly my lady always says "can't always have a mustang especially when we have kids" well hunny look what I found on the forums !!!!! Heckkkk I would easily sacrifice trunk space to have a 4 door mustang! Call me crazy but the mustang is a long car already so let's make it bigger while we're at it so we can have our own version of a family sports car. Think of it like the track hawk, mustang can do the same right ?!

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Honestly my lady always says "can't always have a mustang especially when we have kids" well hunny look what I found on the forums !!!!! Heckkkk I would easily sacrifice trunk space to have a 4 door mustang! Call me crazy but the mustang is a long car already so let's make it bigger while we're at it so we can have our own version of a family sports car. Think of it like the track hawk, mustang can do the same right ?!
Why not
Screenshot_20211005-230958_Google.jpg

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
They are not trying, they have already done it. It is time to realize the the party is over, the fat lady has sung. Like it, don't like it, doesn't matter. Ford is going to do what Ford is going to do.

As far as I'm concerned so long as we have a two door coupe, hopefully with a V8, I'm happy. I'm not going to go nuts bitching about stuff we have zero control over.

Also remember we are talking S650 here so no one really knows what is really going to happen.
Yup, I'm sure when folks saw the pinto based Mustang they were like WAT?
2 door sporty cars are a niche, a small niche that can not support itself with enough volumes of sales to keep it affordable.
The guy that wants a stang but has kids, gets almost what he wants without being in today's minivan, aka the crossover suv.
The new (pick a model year)4 door Ford Mustang Falcon has a nice ring to it. Or just call it a Falcon , or farmont
Buyers wants change, it is why the 2 door mid sized cars all but died. Wagons, mini vans, Ford needs to sell cars/trucks in mass, not a 60-100k +/- a year of one platform.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Call it a Thunderbird not a Mustang

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think 'Mustang Grande' would be a better name fit, and more accurate than the way Ford first used that as an optimal trim description.

If a 4-door Mustang was to happen, and end up looking like the picture in post #1 I'd seriously consider buying one to fill a more family-friendly function. But it would still have to be available with an ICE and a MT (preferably the 3160).

Norm

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It's just a marketing gimmick to use the name as a brand. The Mach E exists but ruins nothing about my car. Now if they actually did eliminate the Mustang coupe as we know it while keeping the Mustang name on a family of other vehicles, I would not approve and might have to look at Vettes or Supras next. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's just a marketing gimmick to use the name as a brand. The Mach E exists but ruins nothing about my car. Now if they actually did eliminate the Mustang coupe as we know it while keeping the Mustang name on a family of other vehicles, I would not approve and might have to look at Vettes or Supras next. :)
By definition marketing is a gimmick. That's what it is all about. But without our two door V8 coupe is gimmick doesn't exist. If the "brand" continues to be successful our car will be safe. At least for the foreseeable future.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
1) these would never sell 2) wtf is that website and 3) they rendered a 2015? - this post is garbage lol

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Love me some TOyoda .But the supra /BMW not so much .Now that Vett gets me wet every time.

Screenshot_20210929-204809_Instagram.jpg
Sponsored