Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; During the pre shot days the stats for death rates were broken down two ways. One was for specific age groups and the other was for an overall average. My comment was that the overall average survival rate was at or over 99% which as best as I can recall from memory is correct.

What you have cited above is the rate for a specific age group of greater than 45 years of age, not the overall average. I stated in my recent post that for my age group the survival rate was 94.5%. I was 73 at the time and that makes my age group death rate over 5%. It has been known and understood from early on in the outbreak that the older people had the worst outcomes. Followed by those with specific co-morbidities.

Older people with co-morbidities such as myself were at the highest risk so I took a risk and had the shots. But even a survival rate of over 94% is good odds. I would like to have such a survival rate for any health problem that comes along.

My quoting a high survival rate does not translate to being callous about those who die any more than when you make allowances for the vaccine being less than 100% effective. I do not see how you can try to claim to have it both ways and be credible. I could be underhanded and claim that because you are a champion of the shots which are not 100%, that you do not care about the vaccinated who get covid and die, but will not do so.

The overall rate of survival is calculated for all age groups and was winding up being higher than for specific older age groups. I have not checked the age group stats in a few months so cannot say how the age group survival rates are now.
Apparently you didn't read and study the data in that link. Here's a closer look - and it's broken down in to three age groups (your favorite type of data). And keep in mind this is data that was only available as of January 14, 2021 ... so that clearly means BEFORE anyone really had the vaccine.

So the <45 year old cut-off was a comment specifically that the death rate for people <45 was 2.8%. If you would have studied the data closer you would have seen the Table 2 shown below. Here it is, and it clearly shows the breakdown of deaths and the % of death rates in each age bracket.

The death rate for people 70 or over was 79.7%. Age group 50-69 was 17.4% For <45 is was 2.8%. What they call the Second Wave (NOT the Delta wave) in their study wasn't much lower in those same age groups. Again, this is when there was NO vaccine being given to the public.

So until you can come up with some better data reference, you're touting that the death rate was less than 1% before the vaccine hit the streets is just plain wrong and you need to stop spreading that BS.

Here's the link again. Might want to read it this time.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7875012/

1631478693145.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
That's real smart ... a bunch of unvaccinated people working with babies all day long. 🙄🤪
I don't disagree that healthcare workers should be vaccinated, as of 9/8/21 and 643,857 covid deaths in the US, children under 4 make up only 148 total deaths. As of 2020 there were 19.2 million children under 4 in the US.
That, while certainly tragic, is barely more than deaths in the same age group from flu/pneumonia just in 2019(122). According to the CDC, there are only 4 states that mandate hospital workers get annual flu shots...

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-Focus-on-Ages-0-18-Yea/nr4s-juj3
https://datacenter.kidscount.org/da...70,573,869,36,868,867/62,63,64,6,4693/419,420
https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D76;jsessionid=E4C5224338B7AE372DF9147F0E20
https://www2a.cdc.gov/vaccines/statevaccsApp/AdministrationbyVaccine.asp?Vaccinetmp=Influenza

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Apparently you didn't read and study the data in that link. Here's a closer look - and it's broken down in to three age groups (your favorite type of data). And keep in mind this is data that was only available as of January 14, 2021 ... so that clearly means BEFORE anyone really had the vaccine.

So the <45 year old cut-off was a comment specifically that the death rate for people <45 was 2.8%. If you would have studied the data closer you would have seen the Table 2 shown below. Here it is, and it clearly shows the breakdown of deaths and the % of death rates in each age bracket.

The death rate for people 70 or over was 79.7%. Age group 50-69 was 17.4% For <45 is was 2.8%. What they call the Second Wave (NOT the Delta wave) in their study wasn't much lower in those same age groups. Again, this is when there was NO vaccine being given to the public.

So until you can come up with some better data reference, you're touting that the death rate was less than 1% before the vaccine hit the streets is just plain wrong and you need to stop spreading that BS.

1631478693145.jpeg
Hello; I hope all read this reply. It will show just how underhanded you are willing to be in twisting information around.

Here are the important quotes from your link which illustrate what i mean. I highlighted and underlined the important bits. The graph was for a study of deaths in NURSUNG HOMES not for the whole population of the USA or any other country.
It is clear some of you have an agenda to push and the tactics you are willing to use are becoming clearer and clearer.

"Objective
To examine whether the age distribution of COVID-19 deaths and the share of deaths in nursing homes changed in the second versus the first pandemic wave."
"Eligible data
We considered all countries that had at least 4000 COVID-19 deaths occurring as of January 14, 2021, at least 200 COVID-19 deaths occurring in each of the two epidemic wave periods; and which had sufficiently detailed information available on the age distribution of these deaths. We also considered countries with data available on COVID-19 deaths of nursing home residents for the two waves."

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I hope all read this reply. It will show just how underhanded you are willing to be in twisting information around.
Yeah, so everyone can see how you can't understand data, and just how locked on to some kind of agenda you are.

Here are the important quotes from your link which illustrate what i mean. I highlighted and underlined the important bits. The graph was for a study of deaths in NURSUNG HOMES not for the whole population of the USA or any other country.
It is clear some of you have an agenda to push and the tactics you are willing to use are becoming clearer and clearer.

"Objective
To examine whether the age distribution of COVID-19 deaths and the share of deaths in nursing homes changed in the second versus the first pandemic wave."
"Eligible data
We considered all countries that had at least 4000 COVID-19 deaths occurring as of January 14, 2021, at least 200 COVID-19 deaths occurring in each of the two epidemic wave periods; and which had sufficiently detailed information available on the age distribution of these deaths. We also considered countries with data available on COVID-19 deaths of nursing home residents for the two waves."
Not quite Einstein ... go read it again. Put on your critical thinking cap. Do you really think that 130,933 people died in their FW study and 198,653 people died in their SW study for a total of 329,586 dead people by Jan 14, 2021 that where ALL in nursing homes. 😄 ... sure. 🤪

There was a SEPARATE study done for nursing homes. Look at Table 3 - "Proportion of COVID-19 deaths occurring in nursing home residents". And look at Sections 4.1 and 4.2. There are TWO studies going on in this study.

You are just flat wrong, and are the one with an agenda and trying to downplay and minimize what really happened for some bizarre obtuse reason.

Go PROVE with links that the death rate was less than 1% before anyone got vaccinated as you originally claimed. Stop spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

1631478693145.jpeg
Hello; Lets look at the part of the graph you have contained in red. Add up the three percentages for the first wave of deaths 2.8% + 17.4% + 79.7% = 99.9%

For the second wave 2.4% + 15.9% +81.7% = 100%
This is a breakdown of nursing home deaths by %. Just how the percent of deaths break down by age groups.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Lets look at the part of the graph you have contained in red. Add up the three percentages for the first wave of deaths 2.8% + 17.4% + 79.7% = 99.9%

For the second wave 2.4% + 15.9% +81.7% = 100%
This is a breakdown of nursing home deaths by %. Just how the percent of deaths break down by age groups.
It is saying a total of 130,933 died of Covid in the First Wave (FW)
It is saying a total of 198,353 died of Covid in the Second Wave (SW)
So the total of FW + SW deaths = 328,286

This was data up to Jan 14, 2021 BEFORE the vaccine hit the streets for public use. So this is the death rate info without any vaccine ... just masking, social distancing, virtual schooling, various shutdowns, etc over that time period.

The study didn't give the total number of Covid cases up to Jan 14, 2021 so you have to find that to get the total death percentage considering all people regardless of age. That's where the disconnect is, so let's dig in to this further.

The total number of case of Covid as of Jan 14, 2021 was 22,784,114. See graph below.

So up to Jan 14, 2021 with total deaths = 328,286, so the percentage of total deaths over total number of cases is 328,286/22,748,114 = 1.44%.

If you look at the second source of Covid deaths regardless of age through Jan 2021, it adds up to approx 425,000 deaths. Using that data, the percentage of deaths regardless of age would be: 425,000/22,748,114 = 1.87%

But in any case, It's not less than 1% as you claimed. And the data we are talking about in the subject study is NOT just for nursing homes. There is a separate part of the study addressing that.

In order for the death rate to be less than 1%, the total number of deaths would have to be around 218,000 by end of Jan 2021.

1631492026071.jpeg

1631492040479.png

Graph sources:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103185/cumulative-coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-us-by-day/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/us-reports-record-number-of-covid-deaths-in-january.html

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I don't disagree that healthcare workers should be vaccinated, as of 9/8/21 and 643,857 covid deaths in the US, children under 4 make up only 148 total deaths. As of 2020 there were 19.2 million children under 4 in the US.
That, while certainly tragic, is barely more than deaths in the same age group from flu/pneumonia just in 2019(122). According to the CDC, there are only 4 states that mandate hospital workers get annual flu shots...

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-Focus-on-Ages-0-18-Yea/nr4s-juj3
https://datacenter.kidscount.org/da...70,573,869,36,868,867/62,63,64,6,4693/419,420
https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D76;jsessionid=E4C5224338B7AE372DF9147F0E20
https://www2a.cdc.gov/vaccines/statevaccsApp/AdministrationbyVaccine.asp?Vaccinetmp=Influenza

While true, newborns are a different case and shouldn't be lumped in with children. Newborns are vulnerable to pathogens because of their developing immune system. This is one of the unintended consequences of having a c-section done and why breastfeeding is extremely important, the microbes from the birth canal and milk from breastfeeding milk are very important for facilitating the gut microbiota and immune system.

While the deaths are rare, there are still alot of hospitalizations that occur annually from newborns due to the flu. Not going to debate why there aren't more flu or COVID vaccine mandates but it does make sense why there would be one. For COVID since it is more contagious than the flu it does make sense why maternity workers would be required to get the vaccine, since the vaccine reduces the viral load.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/infantcare.htm

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
China released the genome to everyone very early on so scientists can collaborate
Got a link

He previously said that the gets annoyed and argues with his wife who watches CNN
Got a link?
but there is no question that the efficacy and safety of these vaccines is extremely well documented.
In the short term yes.

Objective
To examine whether the age distribution of COVID-19 deaths and the share of deaths in nursing homes changed in the second versus the first pandemic wave.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
For all you chart posters

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Objective
To examine whether the age distribution of COVID-19 deaths and the share of deaths in nursing homes changed in the second versus the first pandemic wave.
😂 ... you just blindly follow everything that seems like it fits your mantra - even though it really doesn't. You should probably catch up on reading to the end of the tread so you don't continually put your foot in your mouth.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You should probably catch up on reading to the end of the tread so you don't continually put your foot in your mouth.
It was a study of nursing homes and like was posted by another the numbers don't add up to reality.

I'll say it again, Lies, Damn lies and statistics. Just because you repeat the party line does not make it true.

I do take offense at the dig on my wife, she is a fine woman and is above all of you. But hey, at least I have a wife.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a study of nursing homes and like was posted by another the numbers don't add up to reality.
Geeez, guess you really don't read and comprehend much. You really think 328,286 deaths up to Jan 14, 2021 were all in nursing homes? Were all those old folks out at a rave or the bars every weekend or something, lol. Critical thinking score of basically zero. Go back 6 posts and try to understand some basic numbers.

What does your misguided information sources say it was?

I'll say it again, Lies, Damn lies and statistics. Just because you repeat the party line does not make it true.
Did you buy out Walmart's aluminium foil supply this weekend? You sound like a flat earther ... seriously. Don't ever start watching flat earther videos on YouTube.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Que twilight zone music.....

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Did you buy out Walmart's aluminium foil supply this weekend?
No just their toilet paper, same as I did Costco back when the first wave hit.

I was on the corner........ Only I was selling TP instead of crack.
Sponsored