Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
What am I looking at, black cover for the hinge and a cover for the door latch?
Exactly.

I think if you tweak the door strap cover it will snap shut a little more :like:

WD :like;
Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice the bottom wasn't fully snapped on. I installed them in the dark. 🙈
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wished her a happy two year birthday. She got delivered to me two years ago today. Man times does fly by.
Hopefully I get to drive it this weekend. Hopefully tomorrow as I have the day off. It's been a crappy wet summer in MA this year so far.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Will have to look it up. As matter of fact, I will start a forum with people listing their favorite roads!
I'll post a link.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/favorite-stretch-of-road-trips-mainly-us.163166/

I've driven the Bullitt on these trips: OH > GA, OH > NC, OH > DC, OH > ND. So I'm more than versed in driving through boring states. :D That's why I got 25,000 miles on it in 17 months.
So yeah I might just have to do that.
Eastern Tennessee/Western NC are awesome. Love the blue ridge area. When I lived in Ohio thats where I liked to rip it.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
This road trip has been amazing. California may have armpits for cities but the parks and driving roads are God tier. Food is good too.

20210728_135612.jpg
Are you going to hit up Highway 1? If you don't you're missing out. Big time.

I did it both ways in my Lexus. Well mostly, jumped over to the 5 to save time on a trip up to Seattle.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Are you going to hit up Highway 1? If you don't you're missing out. Big time.

I did it both ways in my Lexus. Well mostly, jumped over to the 5 to save time on a trip up to Seattle.
I didn't go that far south. Or is there another highway 1? I came from Vegas, through death valley (amazing drive) and into Owen's Valley then north. I wound my way back and forth on rural highways through the sierras. I'll come back for round 2 next year, so much to see its insane. Here's another great shot of me having fun, lol
20210729_163115.jpg

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I didn't go that far south. Or is there another highway 1? I came from Vegas, through death valley (amazing drive) and into Owen's Valley then north. I wound my way back and forth on rural highways through the sierras. I'll come back for round 2 next year, so much to see its insane. Here's another great shot of me having fun, lol
20210729_163115.jpg
I should have said the Pacific Coast Highway(PCH). It's the costal road that goes from San Diego up to Seattle. Only know as Highway 1 in CA.

As an East coast man who's always looking for good roads, my experience on the PCH makes it my no questions asked best driving road I've ever experienced. The views are just that good.

I'd post a bunch of my pics from that trip. The Lex Boat with a background with the Western shores. The Lex Boat too high up on the top of some mountain, on a loggers road outside of Redding.

But even tho I work in IT, I fucked up my 3-2-1 backup strategy and lost years of data. Kinda feels like I lost 10 years of my own memory.

Sponsored

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Turning PTO day into total clean up and detail to get weekend ready. I have a pretty simple arsenal: small pressure washer, two bucket wash system with Meguires Gold Class and Chemical Guys Micro Fiber wash mitt, tried P& S Brake Buster Wheel and Tire cleaner for the first time, the best yet. BLO AIR S dryer ( can blow entire car without any towels in under eight minutes). I finish with Sprayway window cleaner and Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. I think most importantly, front clip and A pillars have XPEL PPF and entire car including wheels were done with IGL Ceramic coating. It makes the entire process of washing much easier and I could probably go two weeks without a wash except for the brake dust on the wheels. After the summer afternoon rains here in FL, the water just blows and beads off of the car.

20210730_095935.jpg

20210730_095957.jpg

20210730_100015.jpg

20210730_100030.jpg

20210730_100755.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Turning PTO day into total clean up and detail to get weekend ready. I have a pretty simple arsenal: small pressure washer, two bucket wash system with Meguires Gold Class and Chemical Guys Micro Fiber wash mitt, tried P& S Brake Buster Wheel and Tire cleaner for the first time, the best yet. BLO AIR S dryer ( can blow entire car without any towels in under eight minutes). I finish with Sprayway window cleaner and Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. I think most importantly, front clip and A pillars have XPEL PPF and entire car including wheels were done with IGL Ceramic coating. It makes the entire process of washing much easier and I could probably go two weeks without a wash except for the brake dust on the wheels. After the summer afternoon rains here in FL, the water just blows and beads off of the car.

20210730_095935.jpg

20210730_095957.jpg

20210730_100015.jpg

20210730_100030.jpg

20210730_100755.jpg
Got the same waiting for my Bullitt this weekend!
Bought new Sonax Ultra Slick spray from the same place that did my ceramic / Xpel, they highly recommended it, so am curious how it's turn out and I'll post results.

By the way, do you have a trusted trick for the windshield? I even bought the Invisible Glass little plastic reach tool, but still cant' get it 100% clean and see streaks when windshield is foggy. Maybe mine was that nasty?
Sponsored