Sponsored

Mustang Mach 1 UK Dealership Tour

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
All the main differences are under the skin as it were - coolers, Tremec gearbox, subframe, suspension tuning, set up and so on.
I appreciate the component changes but am unconvinced that it will transform how it feels on the road particularly, I doubt it will be near the ability of the outgoing F82 M4C but depends on your use and plans I suppose.

Either way I'm not slating it by any means and my critical opinion of the GT is clear to see on this forum so not being a GT fanboy by any means.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts when you get it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
I appreciate the component changes but am unconvinced that it will transform how it feels on the road particularly, I doubt it will be near the ability of the outgoing F82 M4C but depends on your use and plans I suppose.

Either way I'm not slating it by any means and my critical opinion of the GT is clear to see on this forum so not being a GT fanboy by any means.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts when you get it.
I've owned two 2015-17 S550 and a 2019 facelift, so I'll certainly feedback on any differences I find with the Mach 1.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned two 2015-17 S550 and a 2019 facelift, so I'll certainly feedback on any differences I find with the Mach 1.
Let us know if the engine oil cooler is the same dodgy part as on the stock gt. I’m sure the lhd car has an upgraded cooler, but I strongly suspect the conversation to RHD has done away with that.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know if the engine oil cooler is the same dodgy part as on the stock gt. I’m sure the lhd car has an upgraded cooler, but I strongly suspect the conversation to RHD has done away with that.
Yes, it has a different, uprated oil cooler.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it has a different, uprated oil cooler.
Even on the RHD model? Don’t believe any press release or spec sheet about rhd cars until you can confirm it visually. Ford have history when it comes to marketing material for the US cars being presented in other markets where costs have been cut to remove the features available in the home market. Does it still retain the failure prone cooler and then add an additional mishimoto style air cooler? I find it very hard to believe with all fords cost cutting that they would redesign the problematic cooler just for a special model in a limited market. If they were going to resolve the issue fully they would do it for all new RHD cars not just the Mach1

Sponsored

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even on the RHD model? Don’t believe any press release or spec sheet about rhd cars until you can confirm it visually. Ford have history when it comes to marketing material for the US cars being presented in other markets where costs have been cut to remove the features available in the home market. Does it still retain the failure prone cooler and then add an additional mishimoto style air cooler? I find it very hard to believe with all fords cost cutting that they would redesign the problematic cooler just for a special model in a limited market.
The Mach 1 has the GT350 engine oil cooler which is positioned in the functional side vents on the Mach 1 facia. All of the vents have functional coolers behind them for oil and the transmission and there's also a diff cooler from the GT500 at the rear. The Mach 1 is designed for track use and that is why it has all the additional cooling and these are all in the Export cars for RHD and LHD markets. I am aware that in the past Ford has promised items on cars that haven't crossed the pond, like the gauges in the dashboard. But I have also had access to someone at Flat Rock who has checked the cars as they have come down the line and answered questions on issues like the coolers, strut brace and others. He also got photos of my car coming down the line being assembled.
If they were going to resolve the issue fully they would do it for all new RHD cars not just the Mach1
No, they can't add the GT350 oil cooler to the GT, but the Mach 1 is designed to have it fitted from the ground up and it sits in one of the side vents on the new design bumper.

I'm also aware of all the items you have mentioned having owned three S550 models up to now. This is why I have fully researched the Mach 1 and checked that the export models also get the nice new features like the coolers and so on. We only miss out on the Handling Pack which is a spoiler with Gurney Flap, bigger wheels with arch liners, a front splitter and camber plates. All of these can be purchased easily.

Here's mine coming down the line on the 29th of March.

Joining the line.jpeg
164652508_448058713112800_2981095061904251800_n.jpeg
ontheline.jpeg

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not a question of the additional rad. Additional cooling is lovely and there’s no reason not to fit it. It’s a question of retaining the base rhd oil/water cooler as well. Great news for Mach 1 owners if the base rhd cooler is somehow totally removed. I wonder how they managed to avoid the rhd steering rack hitting the filter. Maybe they use a nemesis type solution or a remote filter. Or maybe they use a different steering rack. Will certainly be interesting to see if Mach 1 parts can be used to resolve the rhd oil cooler issue on GT’s as a cheaper alternative to the aftermarket solutions.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
The Mach 1 has the GT350 engine oil cooler which is positioned in the functional side vents on the Mach 1 facia. All of the vents have functional coolers behind them for oil and the transmission and there's also a diff cooler from the GT500 at the rear. The Mach 1 is designed for track use and that is why it has all the additional cooling and these are all in the Export cars for RHD and LHD markets. I am aware that in the past Ford has promised items on cars that haven't crossed the pond, like the gauges in the dashboard. But I have also had access to someone at Flat Rock who has checked the cars as they have come down the line and answered questions on issues like the coolers, strut brace and others. He also got photos of my car coming down the line being assembled.

No, they can't add the GT350 oil cooler to the GT, but the Mach 1 is designed to have it fitted from the ground up and it sits in one of the side vents on the new design bumper.

I'm also aware of all the items you have mentioned having owned three S550 models up to now. This is why I have fully researched the Mach 1 and checked that the export models also get the nice new features like the coolers and so on. We only miss out on the Handling Pack which is a spoiler with Gurney Flap, bigger wheels with arch liners, a front splitter and camber plates. All of these can be purchased easily.

Joining the line.jpeg
ontheline.jpeg
Wow. So cool that Ford puts each mach1 on colour matching assembly blocks.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Joining the line.jpeg
ontheline.jpeg
What a sh*t hole of a plant !

Doesn't look like it has changed since the 1970's !

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
What a sh*t hole of a plant !

Doesn't look like it has changed since the 1970's !
It certainly explains some of the faults on our cars. I used to blame the workforce. Now I have some sympathy with them, it’s partially due to the plant and the conditions. No wonder the paint gets contaminated looking at the mess and dirt.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Christ, you really are a bunch of moaning gits on this forum, aren't you :cwl:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It does look a pretty low rent production line by all accounts. Not what I imagined, but it all starts to form part of the jigsaw and explains a lot. I cleaned my car yesterday and noticed on the wing towards the top on right edge there is a pretty crappy paint defect, cant believe I hadn't noticed it before as I am pretty OCD when it comes to things like that. Probably down to lockdown and the car sat in the garage and not being cleaned that often. Does it look like early onset of this corrosion issue or just a crap paint job? New wing or respray? It looks to me like a rough edge and overspray rather than bubbling etc under the paint itself.

IMG_20210507_123957.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
It does look a pretty low rent production line by all accounts. Not what I imagined, but it all starts to form part of the jigsaw and explains a lot. I cleaned my car yesterday and noticed on the wing towards the top on right edge there is a pretty crappy paint defect, cant believe I hadn't noticed it before as I am pretty OCD when it comes to things like that. Probably down to lockdown and the car sat in the garage and not being cleaned that often. Does it look like early onset of this corrosion issue or just a crap paint job? New wing or respray? It looks to me like a rough edge and overspray rather than bubbling etc under the paint itself.

I agree looks like a rough paint edge rather than corrosion.I don’t think it will develop into anything significant.

IMG_20210507_123957.jpg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

IMG_20210507_123957.jpg
I'm quite sure that doesn't justify a new wing !

If no corrosion I wouldn't touch it. It's got this far OK
Sponsored