Mustang Mach 1 UK Dealership Tour

Stellify78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC40
Just a heads up to everyone, I was told the new Mach1 will be touring UK dealerships over the next few weeks.

For anyone in Northern Ireland the Mach 1 will be on display between the 19th and 21st April at Trust Ford Lisburn (Formerly Lindsay Ford).

I cant wait to see one in the flesh, I shall post a few pictures up when I see it.

While I am here, they had a lovely Twister Orange Mustang on their forecourt that me and my son drooled over.

50BBC9CB-41F0-4AFA-BFA0-E8E44E87B4ED.jpeg
8C2A9829-D46E-43CB-BDF3-C0E8B78999B4.jpeg
F321C2B1-DB38-4021-A291-3BF0C6BCFC0C.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stellify78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC40
It is a lot of money for a car with no track pack even the Recaro’s are an optional extra.

I personally prefer the look of the Bullitt Mustang...still to see one in the flesh on the roads of NI.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Mach1-US only - TG.JPG

Not sure why Ford insist whizzing on U.K. customers backs, and telling them it's only raining.
AFAIK, at the moment, we're seeing 1$ = £0.75 after buying $200 for £150.63 recently.
So £55K would be?.... $73,250
Isn't that GT350 money??

According to TG, components which make a significant difference to the car's performance, will be deliberatley witheld by Ford, for non U.S. customers.

It's enough to send me to BMW, who seem to send the U.K. the higher spec models as with the M3 & M4 which apparently, will only be offered in the U.K. in Comp spec?

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ford/mustang-mach-1/driving

I think that's a fairly accurate review and pretty much my thoughts. Non Track Pack Mach1 for the money they want, I am out.

I really don't like all the Mach 1 badges, makes it look a bit daft in my very humble opinion, I would debadge immediately.
I don’t mind the badges.

But at fear of sounding I like a grump, I agree with you :like:

I had been on the fence, wondering if I should have waited, wondering if I would regret not getting one etc etc.

Then I checked the U.K. spec and was a little annoyed (but not surprised) that we weren’t getting the full fat version.

Then they released the price list and I sat down and added up the cost for a spec I would like ...

I had a hard time justifying my GT to myself as an additional car and the Mach would have been a step too far ... If I was happy committing that kind of money I think my focus could have got distracted elsewhere.

The last hurdle was what the motoring press would think and if that review is an honest one and typical of what they will say about the U.K. version, I’m (very) happy to be sat in my well optioned GT.

Anyhow, anyone notice the 460 bhp quoted on the twisters window sticker ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It will be interesting to see what the PCP figures look like particularly the GFV. If the price increase isn't reflected to a reasonable extent in the GFV the monthlies will be absurd at the current 4.9% (GT Apr at the moment).

A well specced manual M2 comp could be purchased for £48k after discounts (RRP 56k) with a GFV of 23k after 4 years and 2.9% Apr. £600 pm with no deposit.
The Mach 1 is going to work out a far more expensive car and leaving the cost aside no way on earth it's the better car.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’m of the same opinion. The Mach 1 only makes sense in America with the track pack, and then only because the gt350 is no longer available. Personally if I was in the USA I would be buying a used gt350 over a new Mach 1 at the same price. In the U.K. a fully loaded GT is no longer the great value they were back in 2015-2017. Post facelift (price increase) there are more/better places to put your money. At Mach 1 prices this is especially true.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The last hurdle was what the motoring press would think and if that review is an honest one and typical of what they will say about the U.K. version, I’m (very) happy to be sat in my well optioned GT.

WD :like:
I agree.

I'm daily driving my GT now :shock: and only now am I beginning to appreciate the attributes of the GT.
I'm still at the point of mild surprize & satisfaction with turn-in, as it does so to a degree which would belie it's mass.

Last edited:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In the U.K. a fully loaded GT is no longer the great value they were back in 2015-2017. Post facelift (price increase) there are more/better places to put your money. At Mach 1 prices this is especially true.
This I agree with 100%. Mustangs unless purchased at a discount and either with cash or 0% APR arent cheap however with the demise of the M2/M2C there really isnt anything else out there that offers a big engined RWD experience for GT money, BMW Z4 M40i or a Supra is about it, but both 2 seaters which rules them out for me.

The Mach 1's price would make me look elsewhere.

Just found the PCP figures for the Mach 1 with Appearance Pack only
38 payments of : £935 with no deposit, GFV £27685.

I pay less than half of that for my GT over the same period!!!!!!

I saw the new G82 M4 fairly standard spec, no carbon seats for £938 over 48 months, no deposit, GFV £29500. £69500 to buy outright after discounts

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
This I agree with 100%. Mustangs unless purchased at a discount and either with cash or 0% APR arent cheap however with the demise of the M2/M2C there really isnt anything else out there that offers a big engined RWD experience for GT money, BMW Z4 M40i or a Supra is about it, but both 2 seaters which rules them out for me.

The Mach 1's price would make me look elsewhere.

Just found the PCP figures for the Mach 1 with Appearance Pack only
38 payments of : £935 with no deposit, GFV £27685.

I pay less than half of that for my GT over the same period!!!!!!

I saw the new G82 M4 fairly standard spec, no carbon seats for £938 over 48 months, no deposit, GFV £29500. £69500 to buy outright after discounts
When talk turns to monthly rental payments instead of cash price things get really strange. I was offered a base spec AMG e63 ex demo car for less than those monthly prices not long ago.

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
And that's the thing, most people buy/rent via PCP or leasing so realistically that's the way most should look at the actual real world cost of a car.

Sticker prices put the Mach1 and G82 M4 worlds apart but in reality based on current offers and deals they are far closer in terms of.monthlies on a PCP

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
AFAIK, at the moment, we're seeing 1$ = £0.75 after buying $200 for £150.63 recently.
So £55K would be?.... $73,250
Isn't that GT350 money??
You really can't just do a currency conversion to work out a comparison. There are shipping costs, differing tax rates, VED new car charges, type approval restrictions or requirements (which accounts for some of the spec changes) etc etc. They all add up.

Be grateful they even make a RHD Mustang at all !

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I agree.

I'm daily driving my GT now :shock: and only now am I beginning to appreciate the attributes of the GT.
I'm still at the point of mild surprize & satisfaction with turn-in, as it does so to a degree which would belie it's mass.
Daily driver for me too and it serves the role really well. Yes it could handle better, be more hardcore etc BUT that would ruin it as a daily. I've had plenty of cars that drive better, but that were pretty hard going as a daily.

What really annoys me is how everybody (general public and car reviewers) constantly go on about the fuel consumption of the V8 - and yet I get 27mpg in general driving and over 30mpg on the motorway. There are plenty of large saloon cars and loads of SUV's that struggle to manage that - even on diesel when it comes to SUV's

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
IMHO I like the Mach 1 and, if I was in the market, would definitely consider one. My only issue is how much Mustangs now cost. I feel fortunate to have paid less than £37K for mine in 2018 AND have the cheap(er) RFL £...

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Daily driver for me too and it serves the role really well. Yes it could handle better, be more hardcore etc BUT that would ruin it as a daily. I've had plenty of cars that drive better, but that were pretty hard going as a daily.

What really annoys me is how everybody (general public and car reviewers) constantly go on about the fuel consumption of the V8 - and yet I get 27mpg in general driving and over 30mpg on the motorway. There are plenty of large saloon cars and loads of SUV's that struggle to manage that - even on diesel when it comes to SUV's
The fuel consumption doesn't bother me so much but when combined with 61Litre tank yeah it's not ideal. Seems to be that car markers all aim for a 250mile range on medium use consumption. If I had to replace the Mustang, not sure what I'd get.
Sponsored