What did you do with your Mach 1 today?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
New thread - what did you do with your Mach 1 today? Fair posts include mods, adventures, and anything in between.
Sponsored

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
New thread - what did you do with your Mach 1 today? Fair posts include mods, adventures, and anything in between.
Today, I stared at the ford estimated delivery page for 1 hour, dreaming about my mach 1 that comes in june. :'(

OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Today, I stared at the ford estimated delivery page for 1 hour, dreaming about my mach 1 that comes in june. :'(
I recommend being patient and not getting too wound up with the tracking site. Build a good relationship with your dealership rep. S/he has access to reports we mere public customers can't see. (Ford has some work to do on recognizing the fact that the customers expect and deserve better information considering what we're paying for these cars!) Mine ended up being delivered a week earlier than originally estimated and than the best of the tracking site's estimates. Be flexible, forgiving, and know that once you have that steering wheel in your hands, it will be worth it.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I recommend being patient and not getting too wound up with the tracking site. Build a good relationship with your dealership rep. S/he has access to reports we mere public customers can't see. (Ford has some work to do on recognizing the fact that the customers expect and deserve better information considering what we're paying for these cars!) Mine ended up being delivered a week earlier than originally estimated and than the best of the tracking site's estimates. Be flexible, forgiving, and know that once you have that steering wheel in your hands, it will be worth it.
I know itll be worth it. I'm just tired of walking. I also dont want to bug zach too much. I know hes willing to look it up and give me a more accurate time frame, but I also figure he has hundreds of other customers he's dealing with, and I'm going to be waiting for my car whether i ask him for an update or not, so I'd rather make his day a little easier and have 1 less person bothering him, so that he can focus his time and energy on more important matters. I know if I was in that position, I'd be happy with a little more down time. So I dont mind waiting. I just hate walking to work 😂 and my build date got pushed back when they announced the ford plants were temporarily closing, bummer on that one. 😕

OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I took a friend's father for a drive in my still-new (1100 miles total) Mach 1. We checked out the "Track Apps" using the 0-60 mph timing. At maybe 3/4 throttle (and 47 F air/road temperature), we did a 4.9 second 0-60, with a 2.2 second 0-30. No prep, "Normal" mode, transmission in "Sport", and cold tires and road. I can't wait to see what the car does in normal temperatures and Sport/Track/DragStrip modes!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I know itll be worth it. I'm just tired of walking. I also dont want to bug zach too much. I know hes willing to look it up and give me a more accurate time frame, but I also figure he has hundreds of other customers he's dealing with, and I'm going to be waiting for my car whether i ask him for an update or not, so I'd rather make his day a little easier and have 1 less person bothering him, so that he can focus his time and energy on more important matters. I know if I was in that position, I'd be happy with a little more down time. So I dont mind waiting. I just hate walking to work 😂 and my build date got pushed back when they announced the ford plants were temporarily closing, bummer on that one. 😕
Understood. I placed my order the day after 2021 Mach 1 ordering opened (October 2020) and got delivery two weeks ago. Yes, we're just one of the many customers they're dealing with, and they have legitimate business reasons to prioritize among their customers they know are committed to the car they ordered (in my observation, most who order a Mach 1 are committed!) and those other non-Mach 1 customers who need convincing. While we are profitable for them, we are not their "bread-and-butter", and for that we should give them great latitude.
I have always loved Mustangs and probably could always sell them. But if my livelihood depended on selling the rest of the Ford line, I would probably be on foodstamps. I respect what my rep did and am happy to recommend him (Mitch at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax VA) and all the support staff. My delight with the 2021 Mach 1 would not have happened with them.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Understood. I placed my order the day after 2021 Mach 1 ordering opened (October 2020) and got delivery two weeks ago. Yes, we're just one of the many customers they're dealing with, and they have legitimate business reasons to prioritize among their customers they know are committed to the car they ordered (in my observation, most who order a Mach 1 are committed!) and those other non-Mach 1 customers who need convincing. While we are profitable for them, we are not their "bread-and-butter", and for that we should give them great latitude.
I have always loved Mustangs and probably could always sell them. But if my livelihood depended on selling the rest of the Ford line, I would probably be on foodstamps. I respect what my rep did and am happy to recommend him (Mitch at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax VA) and all the support staff. My delight with the 2021 Mach 1 would not have happened with them.
I will say I'm already happy with how fast zach has been to respond to any of my questions. That said, what have you done with your mach 1? Any ppf or ceramic coating yet? The first thing in going to do is get new tires, window tinting, and ppf.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Me too my man. I check the freakin Ford status website about 10 times a day, it’s horrible.

OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I will say I'm already happy with how fast zach has been to respond to any of my questions. That said, what have you done with your mach 1? Any ppf or ceramic coating yet? The first thing in going to do is get new tires, window tinting, and ppf.
First thing -- day after delivery -- was complete "paint-prep" wash, clay bar (not really needed), and prep per Armor Shield IX directions. Every inch of paint and glass got ArmorShield IX coated within 24 hours, and the second coat was done before 60 hours had passed. I used AS IX on my silver 2011 SHO and black 2015 Mustang GT and knew that if I got the coating on the paint before it had a chance for any damage, it'll be awesome for up to 3 years!
Next update will be opening the vent above the CAI.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Me too my man. I check the freakin Ford status website about 10 times a day, it’s horrible.
I dont know why I even check it every day. Lol. Mine is still 55 days away.. when its 3 weeks away, that's probably when I'll be bothering the dealer, hoping that it comes early. Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Once a day will be good enough. In my experience, mid-day is the best time. While we think of website updates often happening overnight, I never found any change to happen in the course of a day.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
First thing -- day after delivery -- was complete "paint-prep" wash, clay bar (not really needed), and prep per Armor Shield IX directions. Every inch of paint and glass got ArmorShield IX coated within 24 hours, and the second coat was done before 60 hours had passed. I used AS IX on my silver 2011 SHO and black 2015 Mustang GT and knew that if I got the coating on the paint before it had a chance for any damage, it'll be awesome for up to 3 years!
Next update will be opening the vent above the CAI.
Did you apply the armor shield yourself?

OP
OP
dhborden

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Did you apply the armor shield yourself?
Yes. After doing it on two other used cars, I knew enough since the car would have nothing other than factory and dealer prep -- no road oils, no car washes, no road rash. I used "paint prep" to get rid of all the waxes the factory and dealer may have used. After that, I followed the Armor Shield instructions. Two weeks later, nothing is sticking to the finish. As soon as the air temp comes up to 60 (here in New England), I'll take it outside to spray wash. I should mention, I coated my silver 2011 SHO in 2016, without doing a good paint prep, and it still sheds water like duck! And my black 2015 GT gleams. BTW, it's for sale. If anyone is interested, msg me and I'll share the details.

Update - happy to post pics if needed, but only if asked.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Put he Ford all weather mats in. Monday going to the muffler shop to see if he can install the X pipe that was on the GT.
Sponsored