Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Oooh, that explains it.
Still, per conversion that's around $76,000 (USD). There must be crazy dealer markups and it's probably lower number of units imported? That in US is a starting price of a GT500 (granted I don't think they actually go for that).
I'm paying $82,500 here in CZ (retail price with 21% VAT) so Aussie price is good! :giggle:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm paying $82,500 here in CZ (retail price with 21% VAT) so Aussie price is good! :giggle:
Dang, that's one of the reasons I don't miss Czech (I miss it for a lot of other reasons), I paid around $48k for my Bullitt with some options before tax.
That would get me a middle of the range Superb I'd think. :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I live in Toronto, a huge city with some of the worst traffic in North America.
Itā€™s a crap-show even during COVID.
There are many times I find myself on the local highways here and I could be in a brand new SF90 Spider or some other exotic and it would not be fun.
Or on the long, boring, heavily-patrolled drive to Montreal on the 401, a snooze fest of a drive if there ever was one.
ACC is a godsend in these conditions, or at least thatā€™s how Iā€™ve found it when using it in my CX5.
You are much more relaxed and rested when you arrive at your destination.
The drive is more enjoyable.
You like your car better, yourself better, your life better.
I'm not buying that. Not for me, anyway. Believe this or not, I really do enjoy driving to the point where I flat-out don't want to give up any part of it.

Maybe you donā€™t do a lot of drives like these, or youā€™ve never used ACC on one, because if you did I think youā€™d see why itā€™s a really nice feature to have.
Over the years I've had very similar drives, from serious stop-and-go traffic commutes (Boston MA) and traffic jams (through NYC, DC, and around Baltimore) on trips to long stretches of highway driving with little other traffic. It has never even occurred to me to stop doing my own throttle control. I'm being 100% serious here.

I'm several years retired at this point, and I still don't want to hand over control of my car to the electronics. For me, they only take away, giving nothing of recognizable value back in return.

I guess I'm just not luxury-oriented enough to want to give up on doing things like this for myself.

Norm

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm not buying that. Not for me, anyway. Believe this or not, I really do enjoy driving to the point where I flat-out don't want to give up any part of it.

Over the years I've had very similar drives, from serious stop-and-go traffic commutes (Boston MA) and traffic jams (through NYC, DC, and around Baltimore) on trips to long stretches of highway driving with little other traffic. It has never even occurred to me to stop doing my own throttle control. I'm being 100% serious here.

I'm several years retired at this point, and I still don't want to hand over control of my car to the electronics. For me, they only take away, giving nothing of recognizable value back in return.

I guess I'm just not luxury-oriented enough to want to give up on doing things like this for myself.

Norm
No Norm, you're just a thick headed old men who believed that no one can do anything better than you. Wait, I'm describing my 92 year old father in law. You're in good company. :like::clap::)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
No Norm, you're just a thick headed old men who believed that no one can do anything better than you. Wait, I'm describing my 92 year old father in law. You're in good company. :like::clap::)
It's kind of hard to do better than one speeding ticket and no accidents in the past 50 years . . . so I guess that being at whatever my level of "good enough" for driving might be, it really is good enough to not need somebody else's idea of 'help'. I dare suggest that conflict arising from trying to adapt to such help would drop "good enough" down to "maybe not good enough" even with the help.

Norm

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
And thereā€™s absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with that.
In fact, among the things I find charming about my ā€˜93 MR2 Turbo are that it has slider controls for the HVAC and no power steering.
Charming, that is, for a short drive around town in a 30 year old car, but damned if Iā€™ll ever be driving it to Montreal again, something I have done, and frankly suffered through, more than a few times over the years.
The thing about the Mach 1 and the Bullitt before it is that they are at a price point where, in my opinion, such common contemporary ā€œluxuriesā€ as ACC should at least be options.
Especially given that the same car has it available in lower-priced trim levels, and Ford put it in export Bullitts.
The question that this long (and still getting longer) thread has yet to definitively answer is whether Fordā€™s decision not to offer it in the Mach 1 has some rational basis in engineering or cost or is just an example of Ford stubbornly saying something like you can have it in any colour as long as itā€™s black.
Or something like that.

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
And thereā€™s absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with that.
In fact, among the things I find charming about my ā€˜93 MR2 Turbo are that it has slider controls for the HVAC and no power steering.
Charming, that is, for a short drive around town in a 30 year old car, but damned if Iā€™ll ever be driving it to Montreal again, something I have done, and frankly suffered through, more than a few times over the years.
The thing about the Mach 1 and the Bullitt before it is that they are at a price point where, in my opinion, such common contemporary ā€œluxuriesā€ as ACC should at least be options.
Especially given that the same car has it available in lower-priced trim levels, and Ford put it in export Bullitts.
The question that this long (and still getting longer) thread has yet to definitively answer is whether Fordā€™s decision not to offer it in the Mach 1 has some rational basis in engineering or cost or is just an example of Ford stubbornly saying something like you can have it in any colour as long as itā€™s black.
Or something like that.
Here's their reasoning: "We're Ford, we do what we want, you suckers will buy our cars anyway, stop bitching." Would be my bet. I don't know if they applied too much logic to this, but yes, infuriating at times.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Here's their reasoning: "We're Ford, we do what we want, you suckers will buy our cars anyway, stop bitching." Would be my bet. I don't know if they applied too much logic to this, but yes, infuriating at times.
Iā€™m sorry put I do not understand all of the Ford bashing when we know absolutely nothing as fact. Will one of you lucky new Mach 1 owners get your car in the air and see what the issue might really be.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Iā€™m sorry put I do not understand all of the Ford bashing when we know absolutely nothing as fact. Will one of you lucky new Mach 1 owners get your car in the air and see what the issue might really be.
Of course I'm only speculating, I know I'm full of it 90% of times, but that's kind of the beauty of this forum (if you take some extremeness out of it), it's fun to read people's opinions and interpretations, after all we're all car enthusiasts to an extent.
Of course I got not clue why they did it. And not that Ford owes me an explanation (well, kinda do since export/EU Bullitt is differently equipped), but in the absence of official explanation we are all free to take up our own. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Of course I'm only speculating, I know I'm full of it 90% of times, but that's kind of the beauty of this forum (if you take some extremeness out of it), it's fun to read people's opinions and interpretations, after all we're all car enthusiasts to an extent.
Of course I got not clue why they did it. And not that Ford owes me an explanation (well, kinda do since export/EU Bullitt is differently equipped), but in the absence of official explanation we are all free to take up our own. :)
Ah, got you beat. Iā€™m full of it 95% of the time. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

If you recall we went through a similar situation with the modem on your car. Why was the modem left off? I do not recall if there was an actually statement from Ford but the general consensus is that Ford screwed up royally.

Of course, this is a little different as we are talking about an option that was left off. But the same scenario with Ford. Iā€™m surprised that no one has asked their dealer to ask Ford about this. The answer is out there, we just need to get it. šŸ‘

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ah, got you beat. Iā€™m full of it 95% of the time. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

If you recall we went through a similar situation with the modem on your car. Why was the modem left off? I do not recall if there was an actually statement from Ford but the general consensus is that Ford screwed up royally.

Of course, this is a little different as we are talking about an option that was left off. But the same scenario with Ford. Iā€™m surprised that no one has asked their dealer to ask Ford about this. The answer is out there, we just need to get it. šŸ‘
You are right actually, the 2019 didn't get the modem, 2020 Bullitt did, I believe. Ford Pass app is so crappy that it never connects properly anyway. It gets my mileage right like once every 3 months, so it gets data, just not right. Would be nice to remotely check mileage, fuel level and oil life, but I also check these regularly myself.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Or something like that.
Maybe it has something to do with what Ford assumed the manual-transmission take rate for the Mach 1 was going to be. That would almost certainly have figured in to the GT350 situation.

I'm thinking - from experience - that a MT driver is apt to use the transmission to keep engine revs where throttle response will be adequate for conditions. I'm guessing that clutch usage cancels the set speed.

Separate things that concern me are the notes concerning Hilly Condition Usage and various Detection Issues. The CYA text reads exactly as you'd expect - that it's on the driver to be aware of these situations. Well, if you have to be aware of them, you might as well just deal with them directly, the same way you would without any cruise control system. Don't make me guess where in the middle I have to step in vs where I might not have to.

I don't think that forcing set following distances is really the answer. It's perfectly OK to let your following distance 'rubber-band' a bit. Yes, I know you can choose different following distances, but constantly fiddling with those settings on the fly would get old. Quickly.

I don't think I'd consider driving that MR2 as being time spent in a penalty box pretty much no matter where I might have to drive it. Not that I like being stuck in heavy traffic, but that's a situation that no amount of "driver assistance" is going to make better. It's actually better for me to have to keep doing more so that I think less about the miserableness of being stuck in traffic.

Norm

Last edited:

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I don't think I'd consider driving that MR2 as being time spent in a penalty box pretty much no matter where I might have to drive it.
Try five hours on a straight, flat multi-lane highway with numerous speedtraps that you've driven dozens of times before and get back to me.
I love my MR2 and I wouldn't say it was a penalty-box for those drives. But there's more comfortable ways to travel that trip, no question. Though I should mention that I'm semi-retiring my old '2, now, given its age and the availability of the more comfortable Bullitt for the trip.
Sponsored