Sponsored

Why No Adaptive Cruise on Mach1?

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Fair enough - if it's all done with a single switch.

This does beg the question of whether the ACC also turns the brake lights on under similarly small and gentle decelerations. If nothing else, I need to know what I might be dealing with in the car ahead of me.

Norm
ACC only turns on the brake lights if it activates the brakes. If the only thing required to maintain the selected distance is backing off the gas peddle no brake lights which is the same thing that happens when under driver control.
Sponsored

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Are you being serious? Itā€˜s not the material of the bumper. Itā€™s the space needed behind it for the electronics. Thatā€™s why someone needs to put a M1 on a left and compare it to a GT.
of course Iā€™m serious. Everyone seems to think itā€™s a bumper issue. Someone with a parts diagram of both should be able to see whatā€™s behind there

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
of course Iā€™m serious. Everyone seems to think itā€™s a bumper issue. Someone with a parts diagram of both should be able to see whatā€™s behind there
I donā€™t. Bumper shmumper, I say. Itā€™s just a dumb marketing decision, is my opinion, unless I see proof, not speculation, to back up all the bumper meshugana.
Parts diagrams, I also agree, would be informative.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessarily. Since it's a car for global market, it's entirely possible the ACC in new bumper would need new tests/homologation, be it in USA or in EU, which would add cost (for a limited run). Considering the GT350, GT500 and Bullitt (in USA) didn't have it, being performance oriented, they could have scrubbed it for this reason. Maybe they didn't expect so many daily drivers would be interested, who knows. And the space in bumper could have played its significant role there too.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Not necessarily. Since it's a car for global market, it's entirely possible the ACC in new bumper would need new tests/homologation, be it in USA or in EU, which would add cost (for a limited run). Considering the GT350, GT500 and Bullitt (in USA) didn't have it, being performance oriented, they could have scrubbed it for this reason. Maybe they didn't expect so many daily drivers would be interested, who knows. And the space in bumper could have played its significant role there too.
Considering global markets did have it, I don't think that reasoning applies. I reckon its a $$$ thing. The Mach 1 is already kissing 100k here, they'd make it a $105k car if they put ACC on it here.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
One reason to add the functionality on the Bullitt in e.g Europe is because just the fact of having the saftey features most likely give a higher rating in Euro NCAP at the least the emergency brake, lane keep assist and such do

On my VW ID3 I cannot even set the function for lane keep assist to de-activated as default, have to turn it off everytime I start driving. VW is saying it is due to safety regulations....

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
ACC only turns on the brake lights if it activates the brakes. If the only thing required to maintain the selected distance is backing off the gas peddle no brake lights which is the same thing that happens when under driver control.
Yes I've mentioned this earlier too. Depending on how "hard" of a change (or how significant, rather) the ACC's adjustment of your speed needs to be, it either just backs off the gas or puts on the brake, i.e. brake lights turn on. Much like emergency braking, it just puts on the brakes for you.

Doesn't GT PP1 have ACC, and the Bullitt's (for example) is based on this trim, with just more open grill.
Whatever the decision for Ford was, I would more lean towards Ford being lazy/milking the money than having some serious engineering/homologation. At least judging by some other corners I've seen Ford cut on my Bullitt.

Considering global markets did have it, I don't think that reasoning applies. I reckon its a $$$ thing. The Mach 1 is already kissing 100k here, they'd make it a $105k car if they put ACC on it here.
WHAAAA? Do you have links of this? Mach for 6 digits? :facepalm: As wonderful as that car may be, and I bet it's sweet, 100k? Is that Canadian $? What the hell...

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yes I've mentioned this earlier too. Depending on how "hard" of a change (or how significant, rather) the ACC's adjustment of your speed needs to be, it either just backs off the gas or puts on the brake, i.e. brake lights turn on. Much like emergency braking, it just puts on the brakes for you.

Doesn't GT PP1 have ACC, and the Bullitt's (for example) is based on this trim, with just more open grill.
Whatever the decision for Ford was, I would more lean towards Ford being lazy/milking the money than having some serious engineering/homologation. At least judging by some other corners I've seen Ford cut on my Bullitt.

WHAAAA? Do you have links of this? Mach for 6 digits? :facepalm: As wonderful as that car may be, and I bet it's sweet, 100k? Is that Canadian $? What the hell...
In Aussie dollars. Mine was a touch under 98k on the road, after dealer costs etc.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
In Aussie dollars. Mine was a touch under 98k on the road, after dealer costs etc.
Oooh, that explains it.
Still, per conversion that's around $76,000 (USD). There must be crazy dealer markups and it's probably lower number of units imported? That in US is a starting price of a GT500 (granted I don't think they actually go for that).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK, understood. So have you actually asked your dealer why? Let them get you an answer directly from Ford. Also ask them if they can look under your car and see whatā€™s going on. Until this happens we are all just pissing in the wind.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
OK, understood. So have you actually asked your dealer why? Let them get you an answer directly from Ford. Also ask them if they can look under your car and see whatā€™s going on. Until this happens we are all just pissing in the wind.
This guy wants to have a word about you wasting his favorite sports drink:
1618489280061.png

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I have ACC on my 2019 GT conv and didn't think I'd miss it on the Mach 1. That was until I picked her up yesterday and drove almost 200 miles on I 40 coming home. Not a deal breaker but it does make one wonder. Much like why no hood struts?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have ACC on my 2019 GT conv and didn't think I'd miss it on the Mach 1. That was until I picked her up yesterday and drove almost 200 miles on I 40 coming home. Not a deal breaker but it does make one wonder. Much like why no hood struts?
It's one of those things where you don't miss it until you've had it and then you don't. I had it on a 6spd 2.0t Accord, liked it. My Bullitt doesn't have it. Miss it on trips, but oh well.
The only thing I hated was when you get cut off and the ACC freaks out, but that's much like with normal driving you'd have to react quite intensely.

Well that's an easy one. Ford is in bed with the aftermarket and takes a percentage of sales.

Ok, probably not true. It is a true cost saving measure. Been that way on every S550.
I think the GT500 is the only model that has them, doesn't it? Yeah I bought new ones too, not really sure I'll ever make it to Cars and Coffee as I'm sure it's filled with Mustangs, but it's just a cleaner look and less work than a prop rod.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Hands free driving in a Mustang. NFW!!! :explode::curse::asshat::puke::thumbsdown:

Oh lord, I sound like Norm. :like::clap:

My 2018 GT PP1 had ACC and I loved it.
Lee
Sponsored