Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
57735"]
I've been lectured multiple times about how I'm not supposed to use anti seize on lug threads. I do understand the logic behind it, but I've been doing it for decades and I ain't quittin'.
[/QUOTE]

That's great keep on - keeping on, don't let the facts get in your way.
Not going to bother me one tinny little bit...

BTW the OP was not talking about lug nuts.
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger

Thanks Bill. Good to know. I've had my rears off without an issue, now that I think about it.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
@Mikthehun1 and @Weyland-Yutani and @HoosierDaddy you guys are killing me! Now I know I'm unworthy. I've never had my oil analyzed or my torque wrench calibrated. And I don't keep a journal of my fueling process and results. Time to turn in my keys and my man card. :giggle:

Just arrived at work and am now waiting for the deluge of "The stang down today?" "Did you get your tire fixed?" and all of the dumbass comments from people trying to be funny.

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm somewhat guilty of this, but I only grab the 10k's and certain special numbers (I have a shot of 6666.6 :crackup:).

What I don't understand is pulling over...it's less authentic then :giggle:

Depends on whether you drive a manual or not, you might be able to get away with a Man Card Provisional Warning.
Monumental or cool numbers I get... but every 1000... seems like someone that never drove more than a couple miles at a time before.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've been lectured multiple times about how I'm not supposed to use anti seize on lug threads. I do understand the logic behind it, but I've been doing it for decades and I ain't quittin'.
In my book this falls under the category of "very unlikely to matter". Tire shops and dealers have been raw dogging the hell out of lug nuts and studs with their impacts for years now. There's no way manufacturers don't know this by now, so there's likely quite a bit of margin with the factory setups. So your 10% inaccuracy reading from greased threads isn't likely to matter.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I'm somewhat guilty of this, but I only grab the 10k's and certain special numbers (I have a shot of 6666.6 :crackup:).

What I don't understand is pulling over...it's less authentic then :giggle:

Depends on whether you drive a manual or not, you might be able to get away with a Man Card Provisional Warning.
I'm a manual guy. So hopefully a warning will do.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Got this (borla switchfire midpipe) today and installed it later in the evening. Did it with only the rear jacked up and on stands. Somewhat of a pain for a 1 person job but got it done and couldn't be happier. I put up sound samples on my IG with each active mode.

20210413_162437-05.jpeg
How's the clearance with that pipe vs a regular x pipe / stock pipe. I've been entertaining adding this to my frpp Borla S system just not sure if it's worth it or not.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
How's the clearance with that pipe vs a regular x pipe / stock pipe. I've been entertaining adding this to my frpp Borla S system just not sure if it's worth it or not.
It tucks in with no issues. The X side sits upwards towards the car which has the contour already. I ran Borla S CBE on my 16 GT and loved it. I'd imagine they would be significantly louder with the switchfire. It almost sounds like I am running headers with my stock active mufflers.

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
4/14/2021:

I drove my car on a nice road trip to a cool performance shop to get dyno numbers for my car.

2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost with 10r80 auto transmission.

Mod list:
K&N drop in filter/ Pre-gapped NGK 6510 spark plugs
CVF street intercooler/ CVF intercooler pipes/ Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port EM VR2 BOV
ATP downpipe/ PD Tuning E30 tune/ 10R80 tune/ burble tune/ BMR Cradle Lockout
MBRP Race exhaust/ UPR Dual Valve Catch Can/ SR Performance vertical links

386.1 rwhp/ 451.2 rwtq
(bolt on, stock turbo, stock internals, E30 tuned).

nc_ohc=G0hSfYKaIXQAX8oT9am&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=tHj3_OHLCTYAX9qDvk1&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
In my book this falls under the category of "very unlikely to matter". Tire shops and dealers have been raw dogging the hell out of lug nuts and studs with their impacts for years now. There's no way manufacturers don't know this by now, so there's likely quite a bit of margin with the factory setups. So your 10% inaccuracy reading from greased threads isn't likely to matter.
I've seen snapped off lug nuts studs because the threads were lubricated and torqued to factory specs. Not a good idea to lube lug studs.

Bandi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Has anyone gone with two piece rotors? Even if you haven’t, what’s your opinion on them?

Thinking about getting away from the stock rotors but have heard that it’s best to just go with a better pad over anything else.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I lost my car play somehow. Da fuq

I am on 3.0 with auto updates off, it’s been the same for 2 years. Just now my whole display changed. I have a Pandora etc, but I lost carplay. The Pandora stuff has its own icons and such outside of the carplay normal looking sthff
I don’t like it
My iPhone is 14.2 iOS

559C0150-1C1C-4908-9969-C8D87EAF71A5.jpeg

CEF7A92B-9DEF-402A-B930-4E11EBFB4A39.jpeg

32153B51-ED84-471A-BF1D-504D04A6B4B3.jpeg

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Is there a newer version of the Sync Software available? My Mustang is a 2019 Model year. I was just looking around in the settings between Android Auto and Sync on the touch screen, and noticed that the last update was from February 2019. The display says it's version 3, and when I attempted an update, a screen with a circular status bar appeared and did not progress anywhere. I just turned everything off as I was not that concerned.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You don't want to update from wifi. Log onto Ford and download updates to usb if available for your car.

Is there a newer version of the Sync Software available? My Mustang is a 2019 Model year. I was just looking around in the settings between Android Auto and Sync on the touch screen, and noticed that the last update was from February 2019. The display says it's version 3, and when I attempted an update, a screen with a circular status bar appeared and did not progress anywhere. I just turned everything off as I was not that concerned.
Sponsored