Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What exhaust is on the FXR, if you don't mind me asking? I like how my stock exhaust sounds, but it needs re-chromed and that's almost as much as a new exhaust so I'm torn.
The exhaust is a Hooker Tuned Flow, long obsolete I'm sure. I put it on the bike about 20 years ago. It's a stepped header design, and the headpipes are ceramic coated. It looks good in pictures, but has plenty of haze from many years of cleaning and such. If it were me, I'd put a Thunderheader on your FXR, as a 2-into-1 is the ticket on an Evo.

Most of the chrome on the bike is showing its age. I pondered blowing it apart and redoing it entirely, but decided to just preserve it as is since it was my first custom and just fix what needs it and ride it. It's my rat, see. Here's a pic of what it looked like around 2003-2004:
fxr1.jpg

The original wheels were Dymag, which I changed to be able to squeeze a 180 out back on the early V-Rod disc wheel. The original rear fender seen here was plastic and had been more or less destroyed by vibration.
Sponsored

Last edited:

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The exhaust is a Hooker Tuned Flow, long obsolete I'm sure. I put it on the bike about 20 years ago. It's a stepped header design, and the headpipes are ceramic coated. It looks good in pictures, but has plenty of haze from many years of cleaning and such. If it were me, I'd put a Thunderheader on your FXR, as a 2-into-1 is the ticket on an Evo.

Most of the chrome on the bike is showing its age. I pondered blowing it apart and redoing it entirely, but decided to just preserve it as is since it was my first custom and just fix what needs it and ride it. It's my rat, see. Here's a pic of what it looked like around 2003-2004:
fxr1.jpg

The original wheels were Dymag, which I changed to be able to squeeze a 180 out back on the early V-Rod disc wheel. The original rear fender seen here was plastic and had been more or less destroyed by vibration.
I gotcha, I'll take a look at Thunderheader thanks. Hard to tell from the pictures but she still looks great! But I definitely get what you're saying. Plus you always notice things on your builds that others never notice that bug you, in general. My FXR has cracking clear coat on the tank. I just do my best to maintain it. Maybe one day I'll repaint it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Thanks. She still looks good in pics for being 25 years old, but is a five-footer. Any closer and you see the pitted chrome and patina. Seems right to leave it be as much as possible though and just address what really needs attention.

It's had a relatively hard life, if it could tell stories....

Reactions: XS

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
here is my 08 cbr600rr

600.jpg

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Former rider and hope to return to it one day. I had a Yamaha FZ750 (86’). It was heavy but a hoot to ride. It was strong from a roll with the 5V Genesis motor.

1601865970037.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Incredibly cool motorcycle!
Thanks! I like it a lot, I hope to be able to ride it a bit more this year. I didn’t give it much attention last year because I was so focused on modding my Bullitt.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
New member here, with a picture of my new GT parked next to my new MT09.
mtandgt.jpg

The hard part is deciding which to take on the nice days.
Very nice! I suggest taking them both out on nice days, that way neither gets neglected.

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Very nice! I suggest taking them both out on nice days, that way neither gets neglected.
I do my best. Right now the car is newer to me, so it has most of my attention, but I did ride the bike to work yesterday so it's somewhat balanced.

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Got my motorcycle license 40 years ago and have amassed over 350,000 miles.

Cool to see a few VRSCRs on here. I had one for several years. Even tracked it.

Currently I have:
2020 Yamaha FJR1300
2018 Yamaha YZ250FX
2106 BMW S1000RR
2015 MV Agusta 1090RR Brutale
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1

Have had dozens of others including a 2003 GL1800 that I put 140,000 miles on, and a 2006 Yamaha FZ1 that I put 40,000 miles on.
Only had my FJR for 5 months last summer and put 11,000 miles on that already.
Just got it back for a few recalls. So I'm ready to rack them up again.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Just did the MSF course last month and got my license. Really trying to resist the temptation to start off on a 600cc supersport.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Just did the MSF course last month and got my license. Really trying to resist the temptation to start off on a 600cc supersport.
Ridden responsibly it should be no problem. Just know that modern sportbikes are not real comfortable on straight roads.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would recommend getting an older bike if that’s the case. Like a mid 2000’s R6, GSXR, etc. I would not recommend jumping into a new supersport as a first bike. They’re all blistering fast and you’ll really hurt your feelings the first time you have a beginner moment and lay it down.

Regardless, an older supersport is no less thrilling. You have to exercise a lot of restraint as the power is too easy to tap into. A “slow” supersport is still a low 11 second bike.

Oh - and gear up. Not just a helmet.

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Current bikes:
'98 Guzzi V11 EV
IMG_0436.JPG

'97 Guzzi V11 Sport:
Sport8_zpsd1465075.PNG

Not pictured is a '78 Honda XR75 I'm restoring whenever I find time to fiddle with it (two boys aged 4 and 6 and too many hobbies and activities taking up free time). My first dirtbike when I was a youngster in the 90's was a '77 XR75 so that model holds a lot of sentimental value to me.
Sponsored