Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
Thanks! Tells me everything I need. Did they slip right on? The 3M holding them on well?

Really do appreciate the photo.

The instructions on eBay say that the adhesive area should be heated up a little bit before installation. I used a heat gun on low setting then slipped them on.

The covers hold on well, they stay on even at highway speeds and spirited driving sessions.

7B4EF0C2-87EE-4CDC-BADC-C5F836E134B1.jpeg

Replaced the OEM mirror covers with Carbon Fiber covers from Shelby
The Shelby looks a lot better than the eBay one I got! Mine looks alright but there is a small gap near the bottom of the mirror, you don't notice it until you look up close.

I don't want to pay a lot for this stuff though so I went with the eBay one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I decided to drive to work this morning in Sport Plus just to see how the car performs. I was watching a few Youtube videos and reading online documentation last night regarding the different modes and paddle shifting using the A10.

I paddle shifted my Camaro for Hand/Eye Coordination due to a stroke 4 years ago. Unlike the Camaro, I can't use the stick to shift in the Mustang while making a right or left turn at a stop sign or light. I was so used to using the stick during the turn, then proceed to use the paddles once the car/steering wheel straightened out. This is something I'll have to get used to.

Back to Sport Plus, the aggressive downshifting, sheeeeshhh...... this was still was a huge surprise for me, even though I was already aware of what was to come in this particular mode. The upshifting was pretty aggressive as well. Rather than keep the car in Sport Plus the entire trip, I just moved it back to Normal. I'm on vacation next week, so that will give me time to take the car on some back roads and open it up a bit.

Fuel consumption is pretty close compared to my i4 camaro with the turbo. I was never aggressive with that car but for a few occasions. Right now I'm getting around 25mpg with a mixture of highway and city driving. With the camaro I was getting between 28 to 30. The smaller gas tank in the Mustang may be a contributing factor as well (but I really dont know).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not getting the smaller fuel tank and MPG connection. Distances attained for sure.

Calculation: 1 gal + miles driven = MPG

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
The throttle response in Sport+ on my 6spd man is pretty "whoa".

Finally got an appointment set for 14:00 Friday. GT350 replica wheels are getting installed to drop some weight, and I went ahead and am swapping the tires and going back to stock sizes (four Pilot Sport 4S's in 305/30/19).

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I've been considering installing a non-working brake pedal and some handle bars on the passenger side for my wife. For some reason she thinks her flailing will save her while I'm driving in a manner that I consider exhilarating.
nah... I'd miss out on part of the fun and it wouldn't look good, anyway.

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
I've been considering installing a non-working brake pedal and some handle bars on the passenger side for my wife. For some reason she thinks her flailing will save her while I'm driving in a manner that I consider exhilarating.
nah... I'd miss out on part of the fun and it wouldn't look good, anyway.
Bwahahahaha

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
These finally came in today. I ordered a ton of detailing stuff to be delivered friday to help battle the task of taking care of two black mustangs. Should be picking up a new MGW racespec shifter Friday which I'm most excited about getting put on the car. Tint towards the end of the month and probably a few more things. Also removed my PMAS and got a new e85 tune from PBD for the stock box. It should have been the route I took initially last year. Loaded the tune this morning and so far it feels good.

IMG_20210331_114741_584.jpg

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm debating whether or not to go the All Summer tire, then another set for All-Seasons, or stick All-Seasons. This is my Daily Diver. I really hate these run flats on my car. My Camaro had the same tires and I replaced them with Continental Extreme Contact DW06 back in 2019 and it was a night and day difference as far as performance and handling.

This time around I'm looking at the Pilots 4s Summer and the Pilot A All-Season.
Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
These finally came in today. I ordered a ton of detailing stuff to be delivered friday to help battle the task of taking care of two black mustangs. Should be picking up a new MGW racespec shifter Friday which I'm most excited about getting put on the car. Tint towards the end of the month and probably a few more things. Also removed my PMAS and got a new e85 tune from PBD for the stock box. It should have been the route I took initially last year. Loaded the tune this morning and so far it feels good.

IMG_20210331_114741_584.jpg
Where in VA? Wheels look dope

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
I do use Waze. Keep in mind that Waze is dependant on someone in front of you marking locations. I've driven on plenty of back roads where there were no other cars to be seen except the lone police car running radar from a hidden location. I drive into SC a lot and also east of Atlanta in GA; on I-20 I wonder sometimes about the lack of people marking the location with Waze because I've had many alerts and passed the radar traps without having received police ahead warning from Waze. My wife got a ticket for 7 over twice (different dates), at the same place on the interstate while traveling from CO to KS, so the rule of keeping it less than 10 or so doesn't always apply. I guess to answer your question; it's for the extra insurance......and I got a ticket two weeks ago. I was driving my Fusion, which also has a radar detector but I didn't have the detector turned on because I was going to be entering a military installation and got zapped for 42 in a 25 zone.
iā€˜d rather trust/rely on a detector than solely on crowd sourced reporting: cops move, switch traffic directions, use/donā€™t use radar, etc... too many variables with app based reporting whereas a detector will do a great job if you are A: paying attention to it, and B: paying attention to the traffic in front/behind you.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Picked up my car from the detailer. Did paint correction, PPF on the front, and ceramic coating the whole car (Gtechniq Ultra).

Looks badass! Really brought out the fleck in the paint

car1.jpg

close2.jpg
Looks great, love that color. I didn't get sparkles but I got shinies when I did mine.

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Installed RH oil-air separator today; I did buy at significantly discounted price due to missing mounting bracket.

but I think my bracket mod is sufficient until I 3D print or make a better one... important thing is it is nice and secure.

EDB82722-6FA3-4C1B-A61A-A9D79D63E13E.jpeg
Sponsored