Sponsored

Bullitt owners - How many are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance?

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I think he meant they're not pure white, but a kind of off-white/beige tone. I can see the beige tone on the picture above, but it doesn't look bad IMO. Since they fit fine now, I'm probably going to order them too. Much better than the crappy pony caps, no? Ha ha.
Maybe the photo doesn’t show it but mine are definitely white; white as paper, white as snow.
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
My caps are tan/off white, NOT paper white or silver. They look just like what is in your photo. I assumed they would be gloss black and silver to match........ Haven't put them on yet. I plan to put one on and see if I like it. If I don't like the look will resell.

As for the armrest, next time I am out in my car will try to remember to take a shot. It has 3 arms that extend from the bottom of the cover that go in the cup holders. NOT tight, but not loose. The bottom looks to be finished in a very high quality dense but thin foam that keeps it in place and prevents rattling. Great quality and f/f IMO.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I assumed they would be gloss black and silver to match.
Me too, so glad I read your post before ordering. I wouldn't mind if the crosshairs are white, but definitely want the black to match the wheels. They should match the stock wheels like an OEM cap would, especially at that price. If they don't, I'd just leave the pony caps alone. Please post your impressions after installing them, and how much you liked them. Thank you.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mustang-Lou
Bit-the-Bullitt
Here are the pictures you requested.
No problem removing it.

5AD4A184-8FE2-48AB-AFD1-47D78C192A7F.jpeg

BAE3ED70-D968-4ACC-82F2-022C24807FC3.jpeg

905EECD5-4A02-438A-9A9F-A553178F9309.jpeg

7C246531-CA31-4C10-9D97-3A2805FABD5E.jpeg
Interesting!
Does look like high quality leather and it does look stock. Man, just looking at that picture... Would it have really hurt Ford that bad to do ALL the contrasting stitching with green (such as the E-brake)?

By the way, if you want to tag people, you need to add the "@" in front of their username. Thanks for the pics!

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Haven't put them on yet. I plan to put one on and see if I like it. If I don't like the look will resell.
Any news on that front? And may I have first dibs if you want to sell them (hopefully super cheap. Ha ha)? :) Thx.

5Bullitt0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
‘13 V6,‘15 Ecoboost,’16 & ‘17 GT,‘19 Bullitt
I got my 2019 Bullitt back in April of ‘20 when Ford was offering 0% because of covid. Best decision I’ve made so far. I put the Barton short throw with factory reverse lock out collar and the steeds clutch spring with perch mount the week I got it. I knew the shifter was soft and I like crisp firm shift with no lock outs. Next was a JLT oil catch can and a green filter to make the under-hood pop. And finally I got some color matched bumper plugs since the dealership mounted the front plate bracket before I could request them not to. I drove it like that for 10 months before I ordered the Odin kit from VMP, Ford performance hood struts, 2020 gt500 strut tower brace, boundary opg and cs, kooks headers with “green” cats, double H pipe from lethal performance, mantic clutch. Now I gotta chill a little bit before the wife beats me for spending all the money. In a few months I’ll do the suspension mods, wheels and tires and maybe a cam install.
All in all it’s been a blast and it’s my 4th S550 if you count the Ecoboost I made the mistake of getting when they first came out.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I got my 2019 Bullitt back in April of ‘20 when Ford was offering 0% because of covid. Best decision I’ve made so far. I put the Barton short throw with factory reverse lock out collar and the steeds clutch spring with perch mount the week I got it. I knew the shifter was soft and I like crisp firm shift with no lock outs. Next was a JLT oil catch can and a green filter to make the under-hood pop. And finally I got some color matched bumper plugs since the dealership mounted the front plate bracket before I could request them not to. I drove it like that for 10 months before I ordered the Odin kit from VMP, Ford performance hood struts, 2020 gt500 strut tower brace, boundary opg and cs, kooks headers with “green” cats, double H pipe from lethal performance, mantic clutch. Now I gotta chill a little bit before the wife beats me for spending all the money. In a few months I’ll do the suspension mods, wheels and tires and maybe a cam install.
All in all it’s been a blast and it’s my 4th S550 if you count the Ecoboost I made the mistake of getting when they first came out.
Wait, you got a 0% on the Bullitt? I was under the impression that Bullitts were excluded from this deal (although I didn't know why they would).
I got mine in Feb 2020, I think about 2 weeks before it all exploded, so I missed out, but oh well!

5Bullitt0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Wait, you got a 0% on the Bullitt? I was under the impression that Bullitts were excluded from this deal (although I didn't know why they would).
I got mine in Feb 2020, I think about 2 weeks before it all exploded, so I missed out, but oh well!
Yes I got 0% and by all rights I think it was excluded. But in Honolulu the Ford dealership was remodeling and covid was happening so at the end of April they had 1 x on their sales board. We talked for all of 5 minutes before they ran my credit and came back asking what they could do to put me in it today. 0% was all part of that deal but so was a hefty drop in price after they tried to hike it 20k for it being a hard to get car which was funny since they had 4 in their dealership lot. Anyways it’s always possible if you haggle with them. I sold for a few years in Texas and one thing I remember was that the dealership is allowed to add 3% to your interest rate over what the bank offered. All states are different but that was the case there. Just another way they try to make money off of you

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes I got 0% and by all rights I think it was excluded. But in Honolulu the Ford dealership was remodeling and covid was happening so at the end of April they had 1 x on their sales board. We talked for all of 5 minutes before they ran my credit and came back asking what they could do to put me in it today. 0% was all part of that deal but so was a hefty drop in price after they tried to hike it 20k for it being a hard to get car which was funny since they had 4 in their dealership lot. Anyways it’s always possible if you haggle with them. I sold for a few years in Texas and one thing I remember was that the dealership is allowed to add 3% to your interest rate over what the bank offered. All states are different but that was the case there. Just another way they try to make money off of you
Huh, interesting.
Man, some dealerships just sound like the worst of the scum

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I put on a h pipe. Sound...not really performance.
For suspension i went with the ford racing magnaride kit with the flash module. Perfect like it is.
Got some lighter forge star rims for spring and summer.
Hey Shibaman, I have a Mach 1 that I'm considering putting an h-pipe on. questios for you..
Did the interior noise increase much, any drone at cruising speed?
Did it mess with the stock sound and gurgles at all or just increase volume?
Thanks

5Bullitt0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hey Shibaman, I have a Mach 1 that I'm considering putting an h-pipe on. questios for you..
Did the interior noise increase much, any drone at cruising speed?
Did it mess with the stock sound and gurgles at all or just increase volume?
Thanks
I did an h pipe first on 2 of my S550 GTs and can tell you it just makes it slightly louder and gives it a deeper tone. Interior noise doesn’t increase much at all and very little if any drone. If you’re worried about drone I have friends that went with the corsa double H pipe from lethal performance. Supposedly it makes no drone at all and still offers that deep h pipe tone. Hope this helps

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I did an h pipe first on 2 of my S550 GTs and can tell you it just makes it slightly louder and gives it a deeper tone. Interior noise doesn’t increase much at all and very little if any drone. If you’re worried about drone I have friends that went with the corsa double H pipe from lethal performance. Supposedly it makes no drone at all and still offers that deep h pipe tone. Hope this helps
Thank you, This helps, I’ll check out the Corsa as well.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thank you, This helps, I’ll check out the Corsa as well.
My friend also recommended Borla Switchfire. I'm not so sure I will be doing any mods to my Bullitt, especially exhaust, but this one seems interesting. Friend with a GT PP1 is planning to do this, that's why I even know it exists.

5Bullitt0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
My friend also recommended Borla Switchfire. I'm not so sure I will be doing any mods to my Bullitt, especially exhaust, but this one seems interesting. Friend with a GT PP1 is planning to do this, that's why I even know it exists.
I’ve seen the videos and even one about how it’s made but I’ve never heard one on a vehicle in person. If your friend does it take a listen and let us know what you think.
Sponsored