Sponsored

Bullitt owners - How many are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance?

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Lowers the car about 3/4”. The ride is a little stiffer on normal setting. Sport and Track feel about the same until you corner aggressively, then the revised Magneride calibration, stiffer springs, and larger diameter sway bars make you feel like you’re on rails. The 3/4” drop is perfect imho
I had it installed and OB26 hits it on the head.
Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I had it installed and OB26 hits it on the head.
I have found that on normal it feels smoother than stock. Less giggly on the freeway. I usually drive in sport plus. The handling is amazing. Perfect for me.

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I have found that on normal it feels smoother than stock. Less giggly on the freeway. I usually drive in sport plus. The handling is amazing. Perfect for me.
You and OB26 are in CA so I will let you two discuss what "a little stiffer ride" means there. To clarify my post, in a freeze/thaw region where I live, "a little stiffer ride" in Normal mode means you feel every bump and road imperfection, of which there are many not to mention potholes, measurably more. If you live in such conditions and enjoy the stock Grand Touring ride Magneride provides in Normal mode, this kit may not be for you. For a performance oriented driver, native to northern conditions, I assume they know what they get for what they give up when we say "a little stiffer ride" but should not expect it to "feel smoother than stock." In any case though, overall handling is greatly improved.

Last edited:

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
You and OB26 are in CA so I will let you two discuss what "a little stiffer ride" means there. To clarify my post, in a freeze/thaw region where I live, "a little stiffer ride" in Normal mode means you feel every bump and road imperfection, of which there are many not to mention potholes, measurably more. If you live in such conditions and enjoy the stock Grand Touring ride Magneride provides in Normal mode, this kit may not be for you. For a performance oriented driver, native to northern conditions, I assume they know what they get for what they give up when we say "a little stiffer ride" but should not expect it to "feel smoother than stock." In any case though, overall handling is greatly improved.
Haha. Dont think because we live in sunny ca the roads are great. Many of the surface roads are horrible. A lot of poor roads. I drive a work truck....dodge and swerve around bad sections. I spend a lot of time on the river roads... nice curves...but torn up roads.
All said my bullitt rides better than my mazda suv on normal.
BTW we have the highest gas tax in the country....it isnt going to road repair like it is supposed to. 91 oct is about 4.00$ now🤬🤬🤬

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I have the 'non Magna ride' suspension and really like it. The dealer I went to had one with and without, and I decided to go without. If they let you independently select the damping level rather than tying it to the drive mode I might have gone for it, but I find the suspension excellent, and will be far more cost effective to replace or maintain.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have the 'non Magna ride' suspension and really like it. The dealer I went to had one with and without, and I decided to go without. If they let you independently select the damping level rather than tying it to the drive mode I might have gone for it, but I find the suspension excellent, and will be far more cost effective to replace or maintain.
I do have the MR, but agree with you, it would be nice to toggle it separately rather than drive mode.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Not for performance, but I just got the 5 Spurs cupholder cover & wheel caps. The Cup Holder Cover is SWEET..... Was a bit disappointed by the wheel center caps, I thought they would be gloss with silver cross hatch, but they are matte with a light tan cross hatch.

The cover looks great in the car, stitching is perfect, and it supports my "NO DRINKS IN THE CAR" policy....

IMG_20210315_171335600.jpg

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I like it! Does it fit snugly in the cupholder?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I like it! Does it fit snugly in the cupholder?
No, but it has a nice dense foam backing so it doesn't slide around. Looks stock. Very nice piece of kit.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Was a bit disappointed by the wheel center caps, I thought they would be gloss with silver cross hatch, but they are matte with a light tan cross hatch.
I recently bought exactly the same items - armrest and centre caps - but not sure what you mean by light tan.
Mine are white.
I also remember seeing a green version.
I take it yours don’t look like mine?
5AF73D49-388E-42A2-98D7-7DD1F3FD25F9.jpeg

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think he meant they're not pure white, but a kind of off-white/beige tone. I can see the beige tone on the picture above, but it doesn't look bad IMO. Since they fit fine now, I'm probably going to order them too. Much better than the crappy pony caps, no? Ha ha.

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
I got the cup hole cover as well. I had no fitment issue at all. It fit in the cup holder snugly.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Can someone post a pic of the back of that cup hole cover? Curious what that side looks like (hoping it's not just unfinished foam).

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Can someone post a pic of the back of that cup hole cover? Curious what that side looks like (hoping it's not just unfinished foam).
That was going to be my question, I'm curious what it looks like. Also I'm hoping it's easy to remove, I've grown used to having my phone in the cup holder, I need to start putting it in the tray up front.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It makes very little contact with the inside of the cup holders, so it doesn't 'lock' in place at all; it just falls into it. I wish the 'tabs' that go into the cup holders were half a circle, for a more solid fit, but it's not bad. When you put weight on the thing, it's straight down, so it doesn't rock side to side. It fits well; not great, but well. I have my car under a cover, so hopefully somebody else can take a pic for you guys. There's anything similar on the market, so well worth it IMO.
Sponsored

Last edited: