Sponsored

Bullitt owners - How many are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
We have a thread titled: Bullitt owners - How old are you? I’m now curious as to how many owners have and/or are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance, whether it be adding more power, audio or suspension upgrades?

Being a performance oriented person, I’ve touched on all three areas with my Bullitt. My first impression was that it was a great looking car, but I also knew it would need lots of enhancements to suit my needs. How many others feel the same way about their Bullitt and have gone modding?
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I've done just handling mods since I autocross and do HPDE's. Mods in signature. No engine tunes since its a CPO car and don't want to void that warranty

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
All I did was 4.88 gears and Steeda's tune to correct all the problems the gears caused.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
All I did was 4.88 gears and Steeda's tune to correct all the problems the gears caused.
I’ll bet that gearing is both a handful and a lot of fun! Did you decide on that gearing for drag racing, or to just make it really snappy around town?

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I’ll bet that gearing is both a handful and a lot of fun! Did you decide on that gearing for drag racing, or to just make it really snappy around town?
I decided when I drove it off the lot, was like wow this is insanely high-geared, called ECGS and asked what the lowest ratio they could install was. They said 4.88s so I said okay, when is your earliest appointment. Best thing I did.

Last edited:

Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've only dialed in the handling and enhanced the exhaust note. It's near-perfect now, and with minimal effort.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
So far, my mods are minor enhancements and refinement based.

All mods in sig block. Next up is to start improving the notchy shifter. Going to start with Fluid change and Steeda rear shifter mount bracket.

The Steeda IRS and Front brace are excellent, and really improve steering feel, cut front end lift, and rear wheel hop. Really plant the car. when do the stock shocks are done I'll probably will put 1" lowered springs with koni's or similar.

other than the possibility of a tune, I can't see doing anything performing 480 horsepower is more than adequate.

Last edited:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
how do you like the Steeda tune? I'm considering it but don't want to void the warranty etc. I've got the eight year 80,000 MI bumper to bumper.

I haven't looked into Steeda but many tuners come with a box or USB connector to computer and allow you to remove/restore the tune before bringing it to the dealer. Is this the case with Steeda?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I really like the gearing on my car, since I need to travel to go anywhere fun to drive. And won't ever track the car. It's just about perfect IMO. But the rear wallowed like a walrus on hard cornering not perfectly smooth. I didn't want to affect ride (or NVH) in any way, so the only option was to install front and rear Steeda sub-frame braces, and those 2 fully-reversible mods made a remarkable difference, so I'm happy now. The issue wasn't solved, but I'd say it improved like 75%, without affecting NVH at all, so mission accomplished. Other than that, just the Ford Performance oil separator, several cosmetic mods, and only changed the sub (Pioneer), which brought it to the level of the rest of the B&O audio system. Compared to our Tesla's audio system (its best), the B&O sounds like a cheap boombox by comparison. Ha ha. But that system is just incredible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MOLL420

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moll
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda clutch spring, H-pipe, stop the hop kit, E85 tune..
Jlt pass catch can.

Black on black sleeper!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
We have a thread titled: Bullitt owners - How old are you? I’m now curious as to how many owners have and/or are modifying their Bullitt to enhance its performance, whether it be adding more power, audio or suspension upgrades?

Being a performance oriented person, I’ve touched on all three areas with my Bullitt. My first impression was that it was a great looking car, but I also knew it would need lots of enhancements to suit my needs. How many others feel the same way about their Bullitt and have gone modding?
Have you taken yours to a track yet, or have you had a chance to compare raw/original power/handling/etc vs after some of your mods?
I'm getting close to 1yr ownership (would be a year on 02/29/2021, but there's no such day in 2021), 14,000 miles.
Took it to Nelson Ledges in OH, freaking blast, but basically completely stock besides hood struts, paint film, floormats and LED sidemarkers.

Would love to hear about a comparison. Probably gonna keep it stock like is, am just curious what (if anything) I'm missing out on.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you taken yours to a track yet, or have you had a chance to compare raw/original power/handling/etc vs after some of your mods?
I'm getting close to 1yr ownership (would be a year on 02/29/2021, but there's no such day in 2021), 14,000 miles.
Took it to Nelson Ledges in OH, freaking blast, but basically completely stock besides hood struts, paint film, floormats and LED sidemarkers.

Would love to hear about a comparison. Probably gonna keep it stock like is, am just curious what (if anything) I'm missing out on.
I haven‘t taken it to the track yet. I purchased it new in July of 2020 and have right at 1622 miles on it now. I would say that it has been on jack stands being modded for about 5 out of the 7 months that I’ve had it.

I can say that the mods I’ve done have made a huge improvement over stock and I don’t regret any of them. The car handles a lot better than stock for my style of driving, has zero wheel hop, no engine torque-over and it sounds and runs great! The only negative I have is, it loves to drink E85, but that’s acceptable to me, given the performance increase. The LTH, x-pipe and E85 tunes really woke it up power-wise. The Steeda Tri Ax race shifter, clutch spring and SS braided clutch line and Whiteline transmission insert bushing were also important mods to me. I installed the stiff set of springs in the shifter, which makes for tighter shifts vs the stock shifter.

I really can’t think of too many more things to do to it, other than get wheels and some ET Street R tires for track duty and pray that the stock half shafts, tranny and driveshaft hold at somewhere around the 650 rwhp level (at least for a while). If not, I’ll have to address those areas as needed.
Sponsored